Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6104797 times)

Terisuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #3660 on: June 16, 2010, 02:12:01 am »

Bronze Colossus successfully installed in zoo made of gold, my FB made of glass was dealt with thusly:

"The Forgotten Beast was caught in a burst of gabbro!"

Yeah, I thought so. 

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: June 16, 2010, 02:19:22 am »

That is the biggest tub I have ever seen.

Yup. 100x175x20. Sometimes I get a little over-ambitious.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: June 16, 2010, 02:21:10 am »

That is the biggest tub I have ever seen.

Yup. 100x175x20. Sometimes I get a little over-ambitious.
*COUGH* errm, that's quite massive. :P

You going to do a magma tub too?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: June 16, 2010, 02:26:09 am »

Heh, not a chance. The tub's not for water per se, it's for ice that's going to be carved out into a massive castle complex (eventually). I wouldn't be able to fill one of these suckers up with magma anyhow, with all the evaporation. Freezing's the only way I could dodge the evaporation issues for water as is.

Fistbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: June 16, 2010, 04:46:02 am »

Well, my 7-strong team of miners is making short work of an entire floor looking for ores and whatnot, my military's training so when I finally do convince the elves to seige, they'll be massacred, smelting all my ore... Hmm, two siege operators are flinging rocks left and right (I learned my lesson about practicing with ballistae), and... making an absurd amount of booze. Three years in, I'm just waiting to test out 15 Champions and my traps.

EDIT: Never mind, I made my own actual fort without following guides. Now I don't even know how to farm.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 08:24:39 am by Fistbeard »
Goblin ambush party cancels Hunt: Interrupted by 'Pyonta' Godenakum Ngalknazom.

opsneakie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: June 16, 2010, 05:27:57 am »

I've started a new fort basically to play counter to the one I was running, and I'm doing a no migrants game. Unfortunately, since pop cap is only approximate, I've been doing the station migrants somewhere suicidal thing.

I've got a good-aligned swamp next to a good-aligned lake, so there are wild unicorns etc running around. Now I just have to force my dwarves to have kids, or this will be a very boring fort...
Collosal bronze man
With titanic strides he comes
Dwarves he will harvest

DF Twitter

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: June 16, 2010, 07:50:10 am »

still trying to figure out my mecha's weapons.

thinking of installing a magma Canon into Armok's hammer, but I'm not sure how to do so yet.

possibly pectoral water cannons for obsidian casting of enemies.
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: June 16, 2010, 09:34:28 am »

You know how I said my fort was going perfect? Yeah, not so much anymore. For starters, after the annual Elven caravan arrived and I did my business (Not planning to start a war with them until I build my manpower), a a fire imp came out of the magma I was using for my forges. Needless to say, it came out of the forge area, went all the way to the entrance of my fort, and lit up the single migrant I had (Since I turned the settings to give me 1 max migrant, the rest of my fort will be grown up babies), who promptly ran around in circles on fire until he died. I had to set my Woodcutter to military and sent her to hack him into little pieces. After that was done, a SECOND imp came out of the pipe without me knowing and went for my trade depot. Or so I thought. My woodcutter chased it through the depot but instead it ran into...The booze stockpile.

Like the little bastard it was, it threw a fireball into the booze stockpile. After cutting its head off, I realize I am NOT going to be able to save my stockpile, and best to start fresh. Shortly after that, TWO kobold thieves tried to get into my fort. I killed one and the other one ran away. After I got another migrant a few minutes later (A Fish Dissector), I set him to my military along with my Woodcutter, who are both now geared in full copper plate with copper battle axes, training hard in the barracks. My booze stockpile remains on fire and I'm churning out barrels and new booze as quick as I can to replace it.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: June 16, 2010, 09:44:34 am »

My booze stockpile remains on fire and I'm churning out barrels and new booze as quick as I can to replace it.

And facepalm awaits, because your dwarves fetch the new barrels/booze into that burning stockpile :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

absynthe7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: June 16, 2010, 09:55:40 am »

I learned that dwarves need arms to do paperwork. Stumpy can't be my bookkeeper or arsenal dwarf. :(

When the next caravan arrives, we'll see if he can trade without arms. It shall be a surprise!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: June 16, 2010, 10:30:12 am »

I learned that dwarves need arms to do paperwork. Stumpy can't be my bookkeeper or arsenal dwarf. :(

If that's true, check if he's carrying food to dining room or eating from the stockpile. If latter - DF just became more awesome.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: June 16, 2010, 10:58:31 am »

AHA. I have decided for a Vishnu-Esque Statue of Armok, Complete with magma tears and water from the mouthes. One face in each cardinal direction, With his hammer having an emergency stockpile of food/booze and a control room built in plus some living quarters for the most important dwarves.
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: June 16, 2010, 12:27:08 pm »

Okay, I have a giant 100x175x21 block of ice. I can hardly remember why at this point. Jeez, I need to go to bed. Carving this sucker out can start tomorrow.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: June 16, 2010, 12:39:04 pm »

Hi!

Not really a face-palm, but still somewhat annoying: when designating the digging for my workshop/material tower, I made the wall between storage and workshops just one tile instead of two. Doesn't really cause any trouble, but I had wanted to have engravings both inside the workshops and engravings in the storage area. Oh well, I guess I have to keep it this way and use the same layout for the upper floors as well...

In other news, I have a girl who is troubling me: Tobul Dumatestun. Currently, her bio reads: She is eleven years old, born on the 12th of Hematite in the year 1052.

It is now 16th Malachite, 1064, shouldn't she be twelve by now?

Deathworks

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: June 16, 2010, 01:00:32 pm »

I will forever be naming my bronze pick until .07. In Pickfaith.
So I'll have to keep playing in Pickbound.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 3842