Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2404 2405 [2406] 2407 2408 ... 3839

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5969143 times)

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #36075 on: July 24, 2014, 02:53:35 pm »

"Your settlement has crumbled to its end" :'(
It is for the best.

Things go somewhat well, some of the dwarves in the military are nearly becoming swordmasters and I got enough silver warhammers to start up a decent hammer squad.

it seems a large group led by a goblin have been rampaging and attacking pretty much everything, causing many of a people to flee.
3 pages of the outpost liaison telling me about the attacks and the refuges. two years in a row. I wonder how it will end. c:
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Kulgur

• Escaped Lunatic
  • AHHHHHHHHH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36076 on: July 24, 2014, 03:36:33 pm »

Fort has pulled out of its second tantrum spiral in a row. Yet again I have so many corpses I'm dumping them in the volcano and crafting slabs as and when needed. This has set fire to the map (as well as the unfortunate hauler) due to magma splatter.

In short I'm having !FUN!

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36077 on: July 24, 2014, 03:44:57 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Its really up to you, if you train up some warriors and equip them, you can outfit an adventurer from your town and go find those armies? (I don't remember if they are hostile but I have run into friendly armies :) )

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #36078 on: July 24, 2014, 04:42:02 pm »

still have yet to have a siege/ambush, but the mayor was elected recently, her first mandate? chains. she also likes cages...hehehehe

edit: It seems I'm dealing with another crash bug. :c maybe its unavoidable maybe its not. lol I guess that's what I get for playing before things got stable. xD
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 10:32:32 pm by nomoetoe »
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36079 on: July 24, 2014, 05:07:41 pm »

Spring arrived, and brought a squad of goblins with it. The river thawed while they were halfway across it.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36080 on: July 24, 2014, 07:54:17 pm »

Plans are finished for my final Cavy Drop test. It's the last one, because I only have 2 of those pets left.
I haven't had time to implement it yet. The dwarves (all 100+ with 30+ kids) have been too busy to watch, because:
- We completed the bridge from one cavern peninsula to the second peninsula.
 It's ~25 squares from one side to the other, now we're roofing it.
- Sohara MitsukiAstrea, Animal Trainer, got stuck after building a screwpump in a waterpumpstack.
 First she fell in, then her kid got stuck at the bottom. Had to deactivate the generator to save her and her kid !
- My second beast attacked. It was only a One-Eyed Toad with a stinger. Killed it easily.
 While hauling to the stockpile (slow process), it reanimated. Militia's response: Bisect It !!
- Oh, and a food shortage. Forgot how much 130+ dwarves can eat.

EDIT: Apparently, bisecting it didn't kill it. Militia had to actually decaptiate it. Yes, I have screenshots. No, I don't have time to post them.

DOUBLE EDIT: And if you can believe it, the zombie beast is still fighting after losing it's lower body and head. I kid you not.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 08:00:04 pm by ZzarkLinux »

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36081 on: July 24, 2014, 08:26:33 pm »

Reclaimed a world gen fort from a dead civilization.

Began digging deeper, following the spiral ramp down.

Very first tile dug, game pauses and gives the message "raw candy, praise the miners!"

Removed designations down, and don't plan on digging much more yet.

EDIT: And one of my axedwarves apparently used to be the queen of the civ who took over, until she became one of the founders here.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 09:05:48 pm by Lich180 »

Jorn Stones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36082 on: July 25, 2014, 12:01:25 am »

Found a human bowman from last caravan stuck in a tree. I'll have my woodcutter be a good dwarf and help the kitty (read dumbass human) out of the tree in the way least befitting of elves, by cutting it down.

Edit: After cutting down the tree the human bowman landed safely on his feet, without any of the spinning wooden logs having hit him in mid air. After having thanked my good dwarf for saving him from certain starvation, the human bowman wandered off back to the town he came from.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 12:08:23 am by Jorn Stones »

Solon64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36083 on: July 25, 2014, 12:12:49 am »

My dwarves party like its 999.  Seriously, the parties never stop in their crappy, chert dining room.  They tend to get raucous too, most parties i see the dwarves just mill about a bit aimlessly, the parties here you got dwarves going EVERYWHERE, practically sprinting laps around the dining room, I can only imagine the crazy things going down in there.

And then the party ends and a horde of dwarves shuffle off back into the fortress still laughing and chuckling.  Meantime, another horde of dwarves shuffles past them to go to the afterparty in the dining room.

It's getting a bit ridiculous in there.  I probably need to drop a couple corpses inside, sober them up a bit.
PS: Seriously, you must have, like, super-getting-lost skills. You could go missing in a straight corridor and impale yourself on flat ground if I don't tell you where to go.

Brunste

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36084 on: July 25, 2014, 03:31:28 am »

My mayor is currently partying while my outpost liaison follows her around.

Hopefully he's bringing news about making my fort a barony, but I guess I won't know until the partying has ceased.

Nikita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36085 on: July 25, 2014, 04:35:31 am »

Turns out, while elves are pansies, humans are badass enough to take an amored zombie one-on-one and win (technical victory - the human died last :v)

Also, digging a second hole through the aquifer, which is taking a while because it's so far away from my main fort.

Jorn Stones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36086 on: July 25, 2014, 06:23:45 am »

Years 84, Dwarves explore the final parts of the cavern. missing forgotten beast still not found.

construction of an above ground barn, booze hall, bed and breakfast structure has been completed.

Walrusking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36087 on: July 25, 2014, 09:04:13 am »

Just realized pretty much each time a migrant wave arrives, most of the dwarves with "Competent" in a combat skill are farmers. Considering what adventure mode's like, can't say I'm surprised.

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36088 on: July 25, 2014, 09:44:28 am »

My dwarves party like its 999.  Seriously, the parties never stop in their crappy, chert dining room.  They tend to get raucous too, most parties i see the dwarves just mill about a bit aimlessly, the parties here you got dwarves going EVERYWHERE, practically sprinting laps around the dining room, I can only imagine the crazy things going down in there.

And then the party ends and a horde of dwarves shuffle off back into the fortress still laughing and chuckling.  Meantime, another horde of dwarves shuffles past them to go to the afterparty in the dining room.

It's getting a bit ridiculous in there.  I probably need to drop a couple corpses inside, sober them up a bit.
I have a troll skeleton squarely in the middle of my dining room. Doesn't stop the partying one bit.

Echostatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36089 on: July 25, 2014, 10:13:21 am »

Many years have passed. The goblins have crushed all other civilizations. A handful of scattered dwarves have banded together on a beach near several occupied dwarven settlements. We will survive.

Currently we are cut off from the surface due to a large undead horde lead by a necromancer. With so few dwarves, and only two modestly trained and unarmored dwarves, I dare not engage them. Soon...
Pages: 1 ... 2404 2405 [2406] 2407 2408 ... 3839