Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2361 2362 [2363] 2364 2365 ... 3839

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5978595 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #35430 on: July 09, 2014, 11:20:50 am »

A bunch of strange symbols are moving around my screen as I try to learn ascii.
"oh sweet, some goats, better let my hunters take care of-

fuck"

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35431 on: July 09, 2014, 11:27:59 am »

I'm actually finding it refreshing to play without a graphic pack. I tried using an old version of ironhand but it doesn't display the FOV cone while sneaking and that's a dealbreaker.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35432 on: July 09, 2014, 11:28:59 am »

I've never used a graphics pack ever.
I learned how to play with ASCII, but I can read ASCII and some graphics packs.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #35433 on: July 09, 2014, 11:50:38 am »

No more siege despite it's been a long while since the 1st (and i had no ambush), so i can't check if the goblins invaders are really able to climb over my basic walls or if it was just a "passing army" uninterested by the siege, or if it's another bug .

As i generated a small world and only 30/40 years of history (so the world update would go fast) i'm starting to wonder if the goblins went extinct or something.
Already i'm starting to feel suspicious about my own civ main mountainhome, as the last caravan of them was a long time ago and there was something very strange about them this last time :

Oh well, i just pissed off the elves by seizing all their goods the 2 times they had merchants coming, hopefully they'll send a war party soon so i'll be able to see if climbing is really working on sieges
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 11:55:43 am by Robsoie »

KingBacon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35434 on: July 09, 2014, 11:59:31 am »

Built a well, cat wound up drowning. First casualty of this fort.

Also Dwarven traders arrived early in Summer : /
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 12:06:18 pm by KingBacon »
    e    e   e    U   U     
, , , . , , , , , , , ; , , , , , ; , , , , , 
. . . . . . . e U e   . . 0╬0 
###x##############
###x .  . ☼ ☼####£####
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Solon64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35435 on: July 09, 2014, 12:32:51 pm »

It's mid-spring in a heavily forested embark.  So many colors from plum tree flowers, apricot flowers, onions and radishes and kaniwa and leeks and cranberries and stuff all flowering.

IT BURNS MY EYES

So I shall burn it all myself.  These plants will know my pain as it is they who have caused it.

Preparing the magma cart channel.
PS: Seriously, you must have, like, super-getting-lost skills. You could go missing in a straight corridor and impale yourself on flat ground if I don't tell you where to go.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #35436 on: July 09, 2014, 12:37:46 pm »

Goblins are building cabinets during my world gen as I try to learn tilesets.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35437 on: July 09, 2014, 12:47:58 pm »

I created a fortress.

I built it up for a few months when I had an idea.  What would happen if I retired the fortress and moved an adventurer there before retiring them?  I'm a day's travel more or less from the home civ, should be easy to do!

So I retire the fortress, make an adventurer, decide that he would make a fine militia commander. I 'barrow' some clothes from my neighbor's cabinet, pawn it all, and kit myself out with the best gear I can buy.

I make it to the fortress and am greeted by a child.  I greet them back and they say 'I hate you.'  I look for a response like 'Well I hate you too because your mother and father came in a migrant wave that was more than 50% little shits like you and yer drinking all the booze.' but since I couldn't find a choice for that I just ignored the kid, dropped all my not worn gear and retired.

Unfortunately the adventurer wasn't there when I unretired the fortress.   It also crashed shortly after unpausing.   Oh well.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35438 on: July 09, 2014, 12:52:53 pm »

A woodcutter was chopping down a tree. A weaponsmith was nearby. The weaponsmith was struck by a falling log, took no injures whatsoever, and promptly fled in terror from the vile log. This startled the woodcutter, who ALSO fled in terror.

They both spent a good while running around, climbing trees and jumping out of them.

I find this hilarious.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35439 on: July 09, 2014, 01:02:27 pm »

A woodcutter was chopping down a tree. A weaponsmith was nearby. The weaponsmith was struck by a falling log, took no injures whatsoever, and promptly fled in terror from the vile log. This startled the woodcutter, who ALSO fled in terror.

They both spent a good while running around, climbing trees and jumping out of them.

I find this hilarious.

Can I sig this?
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35440 on: July 09, 2014, 01:24:03 pm »

Good news! Bandits may decide to attack your fortress now if they pass through the area!

These fellows match the typical set-up for bandits, having only a few marksmen and they're clearly aiming to shake down the place. The message was irregular for a siege, being more akin to a megabeast attack, and civ screen doesn't denote a human civ, indicating that they're most likely outcasts/outlaws. This means bandits are now a threat in fort mode guys!

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35441 on: July 09, 2014, 01:25:51 pm »

... My body is ready.

PREPARE THE MAGMA STREAM!
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35442 on: July 09, 2014, 01:30:39 pm »

A few months of combat training and MC Squib, who just a few months ago fled from a single foe, just punched a man's chest in as a finishing move. The kill was so damn brutal, it actually horrified an enemy archer and left one of her subordinates pantshittingly teriffied. And the logs are updated!

Now, a few months of combat training can turn dwarves instead of hopeless in a fight (like they were last couple versions,) into actual solid contenders though far from being the one man armies of the past.

EDIT: Evidently Squib's first and following kills were so horrific to behold her own soldiers are absolutely dumbfounded and overwhelmed by sheer horror and unable to fight.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35443 on: July 09, 2014, 01:43:34 pm »

Not in a personal fortress, but rather Outpost Heavymetal, a fast-paced succession game that’s just starting up (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=140026.0).

The carp are being overcome by terror, probably because of the giant sponge in the river. I love this release.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35444 on: July 09, 2014, 02:06:47 pm »

I have never before gotten such perverse joy from reading a head being cloven asunder, hands exploding into go from being punched, heads exploding from being mace'd, or chests collapsing from a punch.

God help me, I love this new release.
Pages: 1 ... 2361 2362 [2363] 2364 2365 ... 3839