Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2358 2359 [2360] 2361 2362 ... 3839

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5972398 times)

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #35385 on: July 08, 2014, 07:15:34 am »

Okay, so a werewarthog attacked. It killed two dwarves before I killed it. Okay, fair enough; I start building tombs and I make a graveyard stockpile for the corpses.

Then a brewer transforms into a werewarthog. Fortunately he was alone in a room, so I just locked the door until he turned back. Not sure what to do with hiim now, but whatever.

BUT! Even after four or five coffins had been built, I saw miasma wafting from the stockpile. Why? Well, one of the corpses was still there. Why hadn't it been hauled? I looked at the job list and there was "Place Item in Tomb"...but the dwarf assigned was the one who had transformed! Even after he transformed back, he was just sitting there, not doing his job.

Eventually I fixed the problem by freeing the coffin assigned to the dead dwarf, which cancelled the job and assigned the corpse to a different coffin, which generated a NEW "Place Item in Tomb" job that some other dwarf did.

I'm just wondering, is this a known issue? Should I report it?
Surprisepalace! Overseers wanted!
But they never would have given up either. And compared to sitting around in this prison for the rest of my life? Losing is fun.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #35386 on: July 08, 2014, 08:21:26 am »

I accidently brewed all my grown plump helmets into wine so now I have to rely on plant gathering and fishing to sustain the fort.

I found some turnips. they have to be edible raw, right?
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35387 on: July 08, 2014, 08:33:54 am »

Testing out the new DF. In the time it took my dwarves to strike the earth and build a mason's workshop, this occurred:

That's a pile of 38 dead rats on that hillside. All I can guess is that the single cat the dwarves brought with them was very busy.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35388 on: July 08, 2014, 08:58:38 am »

Hello!

Testing out the new version.

I already had my tame horse flee from its pasture in terror, and I believe it was an eagle. That eagle was later listed as missing and then I found its corpse in my refuse pile. The combat report only has something about an impact and the beak lying next to the eagle in the pile also speaks of violence.

We are still in the first summer and I am taking a break while it is snowing cherry flowers all around my central site area O.o

This is just so cool!

Yours,
Deathworks

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35389 on: July 08, 2014, 09:36:30 am »

Hello!

Testing out the new version.

I already had my tame horse flee from its pasture in terror, and I believe it was an eagle. That eagle was later listed as missing and then I found its corpse in my refuse pile. The combat report only has something about an impact and the beak lying next to the eagle in the pile also speaks of violence.

We are still in the first summer and I am taking a break while it is snowing cherry flowers all around my central site area O.o

This is just so cool!

Yours,
Deathworks
Did the impact occur near a tree by chance?

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35390 on: July 08, 2014, 10:57:23 am »

Reclaiming some somehow-dead-after-10-years-of-world-generation fort, and apparently digging through the walls reveals that the former residents were so metal their stairwells are SOLID MAGMA, and that they SMOOTHED INTERNAL WALLS. As in walls not visible to the player.
Holy crap.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35391 on: July 08, 2014, 11:44:30 am »

Clearly those dorfs were reality warpers or ethereal. I'm going with ghost engravers and magmabenders.

-

In plant related news, a spore tree causing construction issues was felled and went straight into the cavern lake, much to my immense irritation. Cave trees largely look.... Off. Too large for the caverns, really. Only Goblin-caps and tunnel tubes really fit the mushroom theme of them in appearance. Also, new 'garden' plants spotted growing around the fortress surface turf: Eggplants, peanuts, flax, jute, chickpea, and sorghum. Eggplant and flax appear to be dominant, with peanuts and chickpea vying for second. There is also some kind of cottonleaf tuft plague around a lump of rock.

Founders are all set up for amenities, cabinet, box, bed. It's a little cramped in those rooms, but it's better than being stuck topside for the better part of a season waiting for proper rooms to be dug. A glass furnace has also been added down below, with Squib providing the bags via silk scattered around the residential districts. Nearly everyone's on masonry duty besides Dett who's smoothing walls in the eventual food storage room, and Trame who's felling trees and making furniture for the apartments. Masonry is largely being set up to plug that fuck-all hole in the new food storage room.

A barracks has also been built, with some floor blocks being repurposed into wall blocks and some storage being moved into the new 'room.' Overall, things are looking alright. With no clear reason for them to have uprooted, I'm wondering why the dwarves abandoned this place.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35392 on: July 08, 2014, 12:04:22 pm »

The pre-generated fortresses are extremely awesome.\
Unlike some rather unlucky people, my fort doesn't have any HFS, but there are Magma Crabs.
Clearly the magma sea didn't use protection.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35393 on: July 08, 2014, 12:50:01 pm »

Hello!

Did the impact occur near a tree by chance?

I re-checked, and it was on the hillside on the same level as the tree tops. But it was not at a tree, just some flat land.
But then again, maybe the eagle had indeed hit a tree and then bounced and I only saw the second hit.

I just got my first wave of migrants (6 including 2 children) and just realized that I forgot to remove werecreatures and vampires from world (T_T)
Let's just hope I am really, really lucky (^_^;;

Yours,
Deathworks

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #35394 on: July 08, 2014, 01:06:17 pm »

There's still dwarves in the site I tried to reclaim. However, they are listed as hostile, and there are a few goblins too; the two races seem to be both working together. So I, uh.... I killed the "queen consort". And the "Duke", and various other noble figures.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile
« Reply #35395 on: July 08, 2014, 02:38:30 pm »

"Urist McAnimalCaretaker cancels pen/pasture large animal: animal inaccessible" x 30

Just got a migrant wave, one of which was a pet duck. The first thing it did was climb a tree for no reason, and it refuses to come down.
I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.

Cuddles

• Bay Watcher
  • Who wants to cuddle?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35396 on: July 08, 2014, 02:39:24 pm »

my military dwarves are having existential crises about killing a werebadger in human form. Get over it.
I don't bite.

Cuddles

• Bay Watcher
  • Who wants to cuddle?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35397 on: July 08, 2014, 03:27:46 pm »

???
I don't bite.

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35398 on: July 08, 2014, 03:36:26 pm »

I got a dwarf who prefers to consume hake, rice beer, and unknown leaves. I think I'll make her an herbalist.

sum1confused

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35399 on: July 08, 2014, 03:37:49 pm »

Anyone else found dead demons in the missing list?  Despite not digging down yet there is a dead pterodactyl demon there.
I once bit a fellow's tongue from behind. It was awkward.
Pages: 1 ... 2358 2359 [2360] 2361 2362 ... 3839