Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2349 2350 [2351] 2352 2353 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6102362 times)

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #35250 on: June 30, 2014, 10:22:47 am »

Started my fort with no animals and decided to only use animals I caught in the wild. Hatched a batch of emu chicks and am working on getting them domesticated. I think I will keep them instead of turkeys even if I get some just for the difference factor. Modded wolves to be trainable and managed to catch a pack of females just need a male to go by so I can get some offspring going assuming there aren't any tokens I missed adding.
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35251 on: June 30, 2014, 12:09:06 pm »

*sigh* And here I was hoping to fill in all the empty slots in my squads...
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

KingBacon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35252 on: June 30, 2014, 12:28:09 pm »

Just had a dorf make a goat bone coffin... sometimes this game just makes me wonder.
    e    e   e    U   U     
, , , . , , , , , , , ; , , , , , ; , , , , , 
. . . . . . . e U e   . . 0╬0 
###x##############
###x .  . ☼ ☼####£####
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35253 on: June 30, 2014, 02:20:57 pm »

Finally got my wolf cubs after taming them I just need some falcons and I am good.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35254 on: June 30, 2014, 02:38:53 pm »

FUCK YEAH!
Second dragon and it's a male. Looks like this fort might have breeding dragons soon...
(After modifying the raws)

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35255 on: June 30, 2014, 03:10:02 pm »

Finally got my wolf cubs after taming them I just need some falcons and I am good.

I thought that falcons were bugged so they didn't really work as vermin killers when tamed.
Nothing's truly dwarfy until it's been weaponized to kill elves with magma.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35256 on: June 30, 2014, 03:13:37 pm »

Peregrine falcons do hunt vermin.

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35257 on: June 30, 2014, 03:14:58 pm »

I have used tamed peregrine falcons before. I am using LNP so maybe something there fixes it, don't particularily care so long as it works which it seems to for me. Also I didn't make them pets and even wild ones kill vermin on the map.

I heard the same thing about falcons but I thought peregrine falcons were the only ones with the tags to hunt vermin.

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35258 on: June 30, 2014, 03:16:02 pm »

Yeah peregrine falcons are the only living animals besides cats with the tags to hunt vermin.
Nothing's truly dwarfy until it's been weaponized to kill elves with magma.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35259 on: June 30, 2014, 03:24:15 pm »

My Armorsmith is refusing to smith.  Its vexing to the point of me contemplating his replacement.  He keeps running around trying to pickup equipment; just odds and ends left over from an execution or an ambush or even the wagons that got murdereded a year and a half ago.

Putting him into a squad had no effect on his behavior unless I station him somewhere, and when I cancel that he goes back to not smithing armor.

Also I haven't found an easy source of magma-safe rock yet, so I'm going to go the cheap route and dig the forges right by a magma pipe.  Of note, Im curious to see if I can get the LOS just right with my goblin dump, which I plan to use the same pipe for.  Id like to see a smith run around in a tizzy because a melting goblin 'tries to crawl out of the pipe to kill them'.  heheh.  Ive been chaining them up by the entrance for later execution by the trader guard (or my own boys), but like a derphead the liason tried to kill one who still had a knife.  Guess who won.  Reminds me of that time the liason ruined my polar bear training by getting himself killed by one chained up . . .

---

Abandoned.  Just not liking it, and the surprising lack of metal violates why I went in.  I also very much prefer a straight up evil reanimation/horribledeath biome.  Less micromanagement.

Id like to thank my MVP Nomon and her crazy fractured leg.  To work all year as a Seabee (combat mechanic) with a fractured leg, to hobble around shooting at ogres and harpies, and the occasional Giant wolverine, to have a higher kill count than the commander and also be mentally harder.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 05:31:11 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35260 on: June 30, 2014, 05:20:42 pm »

Just discovered 3rd cavern.

I've dropped a kitten probe in it and results are quite amazing - it's 90 z-levels high. Looks like a huge glass with water on the bottom.
I guess it's comfortable for flyers, but for dwarfs it is 90 z-levels of 100% useless space.
Magma sea lays 6 levels below it, 150 z-levels from the surface in total. Now I need to get magma up somehow.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 06:14:04 pm by falcn »

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #35261 on: June 30, 2014, 07:46:05 pm »

I wanted to make soap right now but all my lye is in an above ground stockpile... in the middle of winter of a temperate biome.

Now I'm gonna have to make more lye.

EDIT: oh shit. I just noticed that one of my elite lashers had dodged into a ditch that I once used to test cave ins. Armok knows how long he's been stuck there. Efforts to free him have begun immediately.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 07:49:51 pm by PDF urist master »
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

Solon64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35262 on: June 30, 2014, 07:59:19 pm »

Just discovered 3rd cavern.

I've dropped a kitten probe in it and results are quite amazing - it's 90 z-levels high. Looks like a huge glass with water on the bottom.
I guess it's comfortable for flyers, but for dwarfs it is 90 z-levels of 100% useless space.
Magma sea lays 6 levels below it, 150 z-levels from the surface in total. Now I need to get magma up somehow.

90z's OF USELESS SPACE!?!? *splutters in amazement and rage* Sir, I would literally MURDER ALL OF THE DWARVEN CHILDREN in my fortress in a heartbeat for a cavern like that.  That is, murder them intentionally.  Not accidentally like I usually do.  Or "accidentally."
PS: Seriously, you must have, like, super-getting-lost skills. You could go missing in a straight corridor and impale yourself on flat ground if I don't tell you where to go.

Gnomeknows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35263 on: June 30, 2014, 08:01:13 pm »

Babies are popping out left and right now, the dorfs don't even wait till they can find a bed.  Carrying a giant boulder? No problem, babies bounce...plop. 

Oh ya, also a soapmaker went crazed, tore a door off its hinges and chased a lady with a baby around, eluding my squad for well...a very long time.  Yep, just another day.
In fact, we should really say, that beards are born with babies.  Since beards are sentient it is quite possible they style themselves or even that they grow styled.
I'm totally convinced dwarven babies are born with beards. How those get braided, combed or shaved before birth is one of the arcane dwarven mysteries.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #35264 on: June 30, 2014, 08:04:45 pm »

I just read the slab of the mace lord that died yesterday. turns out he suffocated from a fatal hit by an iron mace.

how the fuck did that happen? Did a goblin roll a natural 20 and score a lucky hit on the dwarf's spine?
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.
Pages: 1 ... 2349 2350 [2351] 2352 2353 ... 3842