Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2308 2309 [2310] 2311 2312 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6098890 times)

Roach

• Bay Watcher
  • [IMMOLATE][LIKES_HUGGING]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #34635 on: May 22, 2014, 03:22:40 pm »

I'm going through pond grabber genocide right now.

[..]Tossing snakes into the pond is recommended.

Really? I just cast grabbers into obsidian when I find them. More permanent solution anyway, I guess.
How do I do it? Prune juice.

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34636 on: May 22, 2014, 03:25:13 pm »

Depends on how far they're from magma, I guess.

Solon64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34637 on: May 22, 2014, 06:31:43 pm »

"Well this is... interesting."

The diplomat hurriedly wiped flecks of the melting milk-and-dwarven-sugar concoction out of his beard so as not to appear uncivilized.

"Aye!  We've taken to calling it 'ice cream,' after the humans who have visited our fortress sampled it.  No idea why they call it that." Vudok, the fortresses master chef replied delightedly.  The two had been touring the fortress grounds at the suggestion of the Grand Monk, who it would appear was too busy in silent consultation with Armok to deal with the diplomat visitor for the time being.  They were currently leaving the "Creamery" as it was known in the fortress and strolling across the Frozen Traverse, the center of the fortress' Temple District and Noble District.

"Perhaps they call it that because they eat it too fast, and the tooth pain is too much to bear for the poor, flimsy things?" The diplomat answered, now consuming his frozen treat with much greater gusto at the thought that Dwarven tongues could handle it far better than any silly surface dweller.

"That actually makes a lot of sense!" Vudok said gleefully as the two strolled in to the shrine where the Grand Monk was, hopefully, almost finished with his meditations.

So my glacier fortress is now mass-producing Dwarven ice cream after the discovery that milk freezes when outside here and the frozen milk lumps are used in the kitchen without further issues.  It was a natural extension to add dwarven sugar which, currently, I'm importing in vast quantities.  I'm quickly shifting it into the primary trade export.  Frozen dwarven treats for all!
PS: Seriously, you must have, like, super-getting-lost skills. You could go missing in a straight corridor and impale yourself on flat ground if I don't tell you where to go.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #34638 on: May 22, 2014, 08:25:16 pm »

That's even better than my primary export, gem-encrusted goblin skull totems. Sentient eating FTW! On a similar note, I have soooooooo much meat. 14,000 units, to be exact.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34639 on: May 22, 2014, 08:47:06 pm »

I'm planning to make an extremely bizarre fort. This is a major overhaul of the stuff I added - Fallen Angels will be renamed Fallen, to act as an opposite to the Risen. The Risen will think everything is acceptable, almost guaranteeing war with everything.
Modding complete. I have the option to play as their stronger enemy or as the enemy to everything itself.
Of course, the Risen were designed to be combat pros with no default skill in anything else, so peasants and cheesemakers are useful for something.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34640 on: May 22, 2014, 09:13:36 pm »

I was going to mod in a civilization of demons raised by goblins, with everything acceptable as well. I was also going to make them all die of old age at precisely 100 years old, to make everyone just go "wtf?" as the attacking army of invincible demons drops dead one by one. Yes, I know that won't happen in legends mode as the demons are 'born' at different points before worldgen.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34641 on: May 22, 2014, 09:17:16 pm »

Among the other overhauls I've done is make the Fallen out of slade and the Risen out of platinum.
Dense vs Denser, Chaotic Evil vs Chaotic Good.
The Fallen are the Chaotic Good.
I also plan to make battles against Fallen slightly more possible by way of removing trapavoid, webimmune, and not_butcherable.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34642 on: May 22, 2014, 09:51:07 pm »

So for the first time I played a fort enough for it to become a mountain home. The king showed up and it turns out he's a goblin, and he's ruled the dwarves for over 1500 years. The general is also a goblin. In fact, I'm pretty sure the dwarves are a minority in their own civilization. Looking at some of the dwarven deities shows goblins worshiping them since around the year 500. So for at least 4500 out of 5000 years of history, goblins have been living with dwarves.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Urist McShire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34643 on: May 22, 2014, 10:28:20 pm »

Well that would be awkward.

Currently undergoing turkey genocide and developing my trap system to force the baddies to engage my military after expending losses from traps, animals, and archer fire. Playing with Fortress Defence Mod, and I've already had War Wolves and War Elephants show up only to be beaten down due to their small numbers.

Plus having dozens of war grizzlies, lions, and wolves (modded them to be trainable and all of them to be available upon embark) makes things a little bit easier.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34644 on: May 23, 2014, 04:28:27 am »

So for the first time I played a fort enough for it to become a mountain home. The king showed up and it turns out he's a goblin

I'm (sort of) having the same situation in my fort. I was getting ready to invite the Queen over (haven't had enough unreasonable demands since the Duke starved himself to death while holding a rutherer meat roast) when I happened to check the Legends:

The Queen of Dwarves, Asmel Peakclasps the Gilded Soot of Spells, is actually a nine hundred year old Goblin huntress.

I don't know how that actually happened; according to the Legends she spent 600 years in "Mire Of Virginity" across the continent ambushing alligators and giant dingoes and then just suddenly became the Queen.

Now resisting temptation to fill her future apartment with Goblin skull totems...
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Roach

• Bay Watcher
  • [IMMOLATE][LIKES_HUGGING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34645 on: May 23, 2014, 05:53:44 am »

Sentient eating FTW!

I'm curious: does the ethics change make other civs get buttmad?
How do I do it? Prune juice.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34646 on: May 23, 2014, 06:34:15 am »

Bah, I just checked out legends mode. You'd think that a goblin who was king for over a millennium and a half would be somewhat interesting. But no, he did literally nothing after becoming king, and very little before. Although he did murder over 100 unnamed goblins in a mountain hall. Specifically female goblins, and only females. Maybe he was some sort of Jack the ripper type serial killer. Ruling the kingdom by day, prowling the tunnels by night.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34647 on: May 23, 2014, 01:14:28 pm »

Ooooohhhhh.... first elven caravan brings m a black bear AND a grizzly bear... no breeding pairs yet, but that can wait, hopefully the bring females for me next year!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34648 on: May 23, 2014, 01:31:23 pm »

Sentient eating FTW!

I'm curious: does the ethics change make other civs get buttmad?

It can, but it's not guaranteed.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34649 on: May 23, 2014, 02:02:18 pm »

They won't get any madder than the elves get for not eating sentients. My imp's ethics are between dwarven and human ethics, with eating sentients thrown in.
Pages: 1 ... 2308 2309 [2310] 2311 2312 ... 3842