Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2268 2269 [2270] 2271 2272 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6093783 times)

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #34035 on: April 08, 2014, 06:42:02 am »

I'm going to experiment with having duplicates of parts of the raw files.
This is what some would call meta !!Science!!.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34036 on: April 08, 2014, 07:58:27 am »

I set my fort on fire is what went on.

Cracking open Laborfords again, and kind of wanting to cause an unfortunate accident for the whole fort so I can get on with another one... but no. This fort will die of natural causes, not because I get bored of it!

... Yes, a tantrum spiral is "natural causes". This is Dwarf Fortress, of course a tantrum spiral is natural causes.

City Laborfords, 1st Granite 241 - 19th Slate 241; 115 to 0 beards, several total berserker(s); No Longer Under Siege Because I Set Them On Fire

First: The beginning-of-the-year progress images are in the second set of spoilered images in my last post.

Second: Oooooh, right, I get to see what Likot Holeportals makes and who she makes it with! >:D

Unpausing, aaaaaaand...

Here's the map image.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 08:01:43 am by Lielac »

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34037 on: April 08, 2014, 08:05:55 am »

Wow, you can pinpoint the exact moment where Lielac snapped.
Not hard, but still... It's quite concerning, the minds of people on these forums. I'm just glad I fit right in.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34038 on: April 08, 2014, 08:36:03 am »

Wow, you can pinpoint the exact moment where Lielac snapped.
Not hard, but still... It's quite concerning, the minds of people on these forums. I'm just glad I fit right in.

>:D What minds? We left our minds and sanity at the door!

(There's a reason my custom title was briefly "Violating the Geneva Convention since 2010".)

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34039 on: April 08, 2014, 08:37:51 am »

Pfft... The Geneva Convention only applies to HUMANS!
A rookie mistake, really... But even the best of us make them X3

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34040 on: April 08, 2014, 08:39:41 am »

Pfft... The Geneva Convention only applies to HUMANS!
A rookie mistake, really... But even the best of us make them X3

-snicker- I think it would apply to any sentient beings. ... Although. Dwarves. Sentience. ~Questionable~.

(Did I say briefly? I mean it's that again.)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34041 on: April 08, 2014, 08:42:50 am »

Nothing is sentient once subjected to Mr. Bear.

This phenomenon allows for maximum exploitation and research without fear of moral and/or legal repercussions!

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
« Reply #34042 on: April 08, 2014, 09:09:03 am »

I kept digging my borehole i reached the floor of the second cavern.
I dig the floors and then collapse them, easier, faster and safer than channeling each layer.

Just as i finish setting the thing up a fogotten beast appears. A flying spider. How lucky it shows up just in time!

Assign everyone to a small burrow around the lever via civ alert. As soon as the damn beach flies under one of the floors BAM!

That was pure win.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 09:11:47 am by klefenz »

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34043 on: April 08, 2014, 12:09:02 pm »

Masterwork is also very configurable, so it's fairly simple to set it up so you can gradually introduce the new features (though most require new worlds).

People often mention how configurable masterwork is, but from what I've read, one of the few things that I would want to (at least, I think that way now) turn off is also one of the very few things that can't be turned off, namely materials being standardized to just "grass", "wood", "stone", 3 types of leather etc. And while I understand that that mod is basically a prerequisite for a lot of other stuff in masterwork to work, that claim tends to irk me. Just my 2 cents.

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34044 on: April 08, 2014, 02:35:35 pm »

I had an average, unskilled dwarf run into a kobold. The kobold stabbed her infant daughter, cutting off its arm. Her husband, one of the guards, killed it, but the baby quickly bled out and died.

Later, she ran into another kobold. This one stabbed her in the hand, severing the motor nerve. This was apparently more than she could take, because she flew into a rage, shattered its elbow with her hurt arm, bit its finger off, then punched it in the head until it died.

Later, she got a mood and made an artifact corset (I've been playing with clothing, yeah) with a picture of the kobold thief that had killed her daughter. She's now a legendary weaver.

In my fort, the weaver hates kobolds.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 02:37:15 pm by doublestrafe »

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34045 on: April 08, 2014, 04:30:58 pm »

I'm rather fond of kobolds.
I don't like their thievery, but when they're not doing that, they're fine with me.
Plus, they're too weak to kill my race's citizens.
Even the infants.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34046 on: April 08, 2014, 05:14:59 pm »

I enjoy that crossbow bolts send them flying backward.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34047 on: April 08, 2014, 05:37:59 pm »

Apparently, when there is a duplicate of the INORGANIC_METAL file, the game gets really confused, so you can have onyx and lapis lazuli bars.
wat

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34048 on: April 08, 2014, 06:04:25 pm »

Apparently, when there is a duplicate of the INORGANIC_METAL file, the game gets really confused, so you can have onyx and lapis lazuli bars.
wat

That happens with any duped raw entry. Two things cannot have the same ID, otherwise the game gets confused.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #34049 on: April 08, 2014, 06:06:52 pm »

It can be hilariously fun, though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 2268 2269 [2270] 2271 2272 ... 3842