Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2258 2259 [2260] 2261 2262 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6096866 times)

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #33885 on: April 02, 2014, 05:44:52 pm »

My cage traps are catching Crundles and Elk Birds left and right.
I HAVE TOO MANY CRUNDLES.

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33886 on: April 02, 2014, 05:45:12 pm »

I might assign a pet to a pasture once Crundles begin hatching.
I have a Crundle hatchery now.

I had ideas about crundles being released onto elves for a week or two, haven't gotten around to it yet.

My new fort has issues butchering this falcon, they won't and it is right next to the butcher's workshop! it is a skeleton also.
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"
Devotes several hours a day making vampires an endangered species.

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33887 on: April 02, 2014, 06:10:06 pm »

I had ideas about crundles being released onto elves for a week or two, haven't gotten around to it yet.

My new fort has issues butchering this falcon, they won't and it is right next to the butcher's workshop! it is a skeleton also.

Was it a tame falcon that died (violently or of old age)? Tame creatures can only be slaughtered, you can't butcher their corpses/skeletons.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33888 on: April 02, 2014, 06:24:34 pm »

Was it a tame falcon that died (violently or of old age)? Tame creatures can only be slaughtered, you can't butcher their corpses/skeletons.

Falcons may be too small to butcher. Though you are right, tame corpses are ignored.

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33889 on: April 02, 2014, 06:31:45 pm »

Falcons may be too small to butcher. Though you are right, tame corpses are ignored.

A random zombie falcon that flew in and was attacked by my dogs and I manually told the butcher's workshop to butcher dead animals to do so
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33890 on: April 02, 2014, 09:04:27 pm »

Anyone?

If I turn a pump on to raise the magma level of a volcano, will the magma sink back down when I turn it off, or stay at the raised level, because the displaced space is being filled by the magma sea?

Also, will one set of pumps work? (like, 8 in a circle on only one z-level), or will I need a pump on every z level? because... there's 100 z-levels to cover :<

Edit: Also, is there any way to make it so a sentient "pet" can be added to the military or work?

In the preferences, the labour options and such for my "blight trolls" is all there (like, I can assign labours like mining and such, and CREATE squads is there too), but they won't work, and I can't actually ADD them to the squads. They are listed as tame, but also citizens in unit menu

Edit 2:

Also, in warlock fortress, there's only 7 preset squads, as opposed to infinitely createable squads. How can I mod in more squads for more variety?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 11:18:45 pm by bennerman »

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33891 on: April 03, 2014, 12:12:57 am »

Elves came to my fort, offered them wagon wood and then they accept it and aren't angry from it.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #33892 on: April 03, 2014, 01:40:14 am »

Edit: Also, is there any way to make it so a sentient "pet" can be added to the military or work?

In the preferences, the labour options and such for my "blight trolls" is all there (like, I can assign labours like mining and such, and CREATE squads is there too), but they won't work, and I can't actually ADD them to the squads. They are listed as tame, but also citizens in unit menu

Edit 2:

Also, in warlock fortress, there's only 7 preset squads, as opposed to infinitely createable squads. How can I mod in more squads for more variety?
I don't know about the other things, but to answer those questions:

No.

Add a [NUMBER:AS_NEEDED] tag to a military noble.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MrsStick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33893 on: April 03, 2014, 01:42:27 am »

Elves came to my fort, offered them wagon wood and then they accept it and aren't angry from it.

Wagons are apparently considered to be sentient beings in the game (as opposed to a stationary one, like a tree), and as such, the elves won't get pissed. Sadly.
My hubby got me into DF...then abandoned his for MineCraft.
Husband has been possessed!
I'm sorry your husband had a strange mood and ended up making a useless trinket out of useless materials without gaining any experience in the process.

Skuggen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33894 on: April 03, 2014, 01:45:50 am »

My best weaponsmith was tantruming for a while, after a masterwork sword she made was stolen by a leprechaun (I really need to set up some stockpile chains so the haulers stop dragging bins outside when they're fetching bolts and goblinite).

Also had an ambush I never even noticed until I saw the trap corridor was full of body parts (I've taken to pre-emptively sealing the main entrance every time a caravan shows up).

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33895 on: April 03, 2014, 02:00:50 am »

Started a new fort for fun, and to familiarize myself with Masterwork's disease system, though I took out psychopathy and high blood pressure (the former to protect my soldiers, the latter to keep trade from going wonky in case a merchant has a stroke,) and so far things have gone well. We have a little lumber being stripped of its bark now and the miners are working on digging out the food storage chambers as well as a special space for stockpiles of medicine in case there's a particularly messy outbreak and I need to lockdown the drink stockpile to force-feed them the stuff to keep them from dying of the plague or flu or what have you.

Got lucky and got an engineer guild dwarf and smithing guild dwarf, so those needs will be handled too, and the presence of cassierite and malachite means once we get an ore processor up and running the military will have at least bronze kit to work with. Going to be using spear, axe, and crossbow dwarves, as those are the weapons of the commoner.

I'm sure that the presence of chaos dwarves nearby won't cause this to go horribly horribly wrong or magnify this at all.

Skuggen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33896 on: April 03, 2014, 03:53:57 am »

I disabled diseases in my current Masterwork world. Too many 'combat' logs about dwarves getting sick/better.

I've started the transition from iron to steel, though I have a few bars of good masterwork metals lying around, so my commander has a nice mithril sword (and an artifact padded shirt).

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33897 on: April 03, 2014, 07:02:22 am »

Forgotten beast made out of ruby entered.
It's in the underworld.
Due to a severe lack of demons, I'm building a staircase then sending a soldier to slay the guy.

Fluoman

• Bay Watcher
  • Anything the game allows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33898 on: April 03, 2014, 07:13:41 am »

Do gem FBs become statues once they die, like bronze colossi?
"hey, look, my left hand! It's only bones now, gosh, has it been that long since that cave dragon bit it off?"

RtDs!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #33899 on: April 03, 2014, 07:52:04 am »

Do gem FBs become statues once they die, like bronze colossi?
Sadly, no. A masterwork ruby statue would be worth am absolutely massive amount and would look great in my dining hall.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 2258 2259 [2260] 2261 2262 ... 3842