Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2241 2242 [2243] 2244 2245 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6096491 times)

magnum2016

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #33630 on: March 20, 2014, 12:55:16 pm »

Well i started my new fortress and 3 Giant Tigers began terrorizing my fortress, they were not killing anyone yet just simply chasing them down and then stopping right before they could of attacked.

So i sent in my Dwarfy Miner to deal with them and hopefully he could kill one of them so they would not be such a huge issue, anyway he ended up punching all three of the tigers to death....

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33631 on: March 20, 2014, 01:29:15 pm »

Hm, more large gems again, this is going to be a most annoying queen. Since I already have her in the eternity chamber, I can't really dump her clothes, but there are other ways to drive a noble insane.

Edit: She banned the export of doors after I finished that and decided to give her a second chance. Might be one of those that do export bans more than production mandates.

Also, the human caravan arrived and 10 second later, a siege arrived with a group right freaking next to the caravan. *facepalm* I hate it when this happens because well, cleanup :P
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 01:50:58 pm by smjjames »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33632 on: March 20, 2014, 04:04:58 pm »

How long does it take for a dwarf to notice that they are naked? And no, this isn't an attempt at a joke. I stripped the vampire queen and she has been naked for, well, more than a month, and hasn't complained.

I tried giving her meager rooms, but no complaints about pretentious quarters or whatever.

Also, she doesn't have the 'doesn't care about anything anymore' trait.

In the absence of the usual negative mood modifiers nobles get with rooms (other than the having no tomb), I'm going to have to just ignore mandates.

Edit2: Okay, now it's kicking in.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 04:25:54 pm by smjjames »

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33633 on: March 20, 2014, 04:43:05 pm »

Check to see  if she has the "immodest" train, if that's so she won't mind the lack of clothes :D

After a quite peaceful and efficient mandate of my first normal mayor ever (I only ever had 2 vampires in my fort and they were both in the military, one had an accident and the other was discovered by me and the captain of the guard broke his arms and he succumbed to infection in the hospital after a few years, but they did not become mayors, weird), the 2nd mayor is a fisherdwarf. He's fine, no real mandates except doors and stuff, but he's got one issue.... he's not listening to ANY task delegation and doesn't attend ANY meetings....He just does his original job, farming, fishing, pasturing, hauling.... even without anything enabled, even if I set him in a burrow in his office, he just ignores it ,he just doesn't listen to anything. And now he has a flock of 3-4 diplomats+guards after him all the time....after a year at least now, lol..

Cheers

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33634 on: March 20, 2014, 04:48:49 pm »

Project MAGMAFLOOD is underway.
The test is promising so far. It's burning the plains around it while causing my fort no trouble.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33635 on: March 20, 2014, 04:54:49 pm »

Check to see  if she has the "immodest" train, if that's so she won't mind the lack of clothes :D

Really? Can anybody else confirm that because I didn't think it had to do with the lack of clothes or otherwise.

I checked though and nope, not an active trait.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33636 on: March 20, 2014, 04:59:48 pm »

That was one doozy of a migrant wave.
Went up from a population count in the mid-90s to 136.
Still in the same 5x5 meeting room.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33637 on: March 20, 2014, 05:48:36 pm »

Hm, I tried breaking the export doors mandate and while that did result in one dwarf getting jail time (I removed the captian of the guard), there was no bad thought from it. She also doesn't really care much about being naked apparently, I dunno.

Or maybe there is some ticker that is getting cleared when I do removebadthoughts.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33638 on: March 20, 2014, 07:01:49 pm »

Quickly set up an Unfortunate Accident room for her.
No need for !!Fun!!, just designate a burrow for her...
...right beneath a bridge with an easily-pulled lever.
And then give her quarters to your count or mayor or whatever.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33639 on: March 20, 2014, 07:38:06 pm »

I only ever had 2 vampires in my fort and they were both in the military, one had an accident and the other was discovered by me and the captain of the guard broke his arms and he succumbed to infection in the hospital after a few years, but they did not become mayors, weird

Nothing particularly weird about it. Mayoral elections are carried by the dwarf with the highest social skills. Vampires often have high social skills thanks to their long personal histories, but it's entirely possible for a non-vampire dwarf to have higher skills. Vampires don't get any special mind control bonus in elections, they have to win 'em fair(ish) and square.

@smjjames: well yes, "removebadthoughts" probably removes the accumulated bad thoughts. Were you seriously expecting anything else with that name? ???
I heard that lack of clothing thoughts are actually cumulative, i.e. they get re-newed regularly, so they stack up to easily enough to kill a dwarf's sanity, but you'll have to _let_ it accumulate for two or three months.

magnum2016

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33640 on: March 20, 2014, 08:33:35 pm »

So in my recent fort even though it was above ground it was all technically underground because it had a cave roof over it, over my new base is going to be completely above ground,

Right now i am in the building stage with my Wood and Metals buildings complete as well as my wall complete

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33641 on: March 20, 2014, 08:59:45 pm »

One of my miners made a sheep leather buckler.
How exactly is this useful?
It does have Giant Kea bone and Gremlin bone, but still.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33642 on: March 20, 2014, 09:12:13 pm »

It would probably look nice in a trophy display, so there is that.

Now if only we had trophy displays.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #33643 on: March 20, 2014, 09:47:53 pm »

Shields don't seem to worry about what they are made of, so this artifact will work better than a ☼Steel Shield☼ in combat.
In a time before time, I had a name.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #33644 on: March 20, 2014, 09:53:19 pm »

I think a buckler has worse inherent blocking capabilities than a shield. I forgot the ratio, but I know that there's a research done by a forum member about it somewhere.

This buckler will be more useful than most shields due to the 3x multiplier, though probably not masterworks as the 2x modifier plus the inherent superiority of the shield at blocking.

also leather is piss-poor material for shield bashing. Steel is much better at causing damage due to sheer density.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.
Pages: 1 ... 2241 2242 [2243] 2244 2245 ... 3842