Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2230 2231 [2232] 2233 2234 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6095428 times)

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #33465 on: March 10, 2014, 01:00:31 am »

There are currently 11 trolls standing on top of each other in my baron's quarters. They much really like that picture of giant tapirs.
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33466 on: March 10, 2014, 02:28:24 am »

I have just spent the better part of an hour first attempting to hunting down, and then blindly mass forbidding entire layers of the caverns until I finally forbid whatever the hell it was that was outside my burrows and sending up a few thousand notifications of Item Inaccessible.

Gods I hope toady eventually modifies the log system to show me what was inaccessible, not who tried to go get it.  Better, stop having burrowed dwarves take jobs OUTSIDE THE DAMNED BURROW.

Grrr.  So aggravating.

RustyTheBrave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33467 on: March 10, 2014, 05:52:48 am »

Well, I just sent a sacrificial dwarf down to go open the magma tube to start the magma forges, had everything ready to make a memorial for her… And she's still alive. She fell asleep in the middle of the lava flow, unfazed by the molten rock pooling around her. She has no injuries, no melted fat, no blood loss. All her equipment melted or burned off of her, but she's just wandering around the lava tank as it fills.

I have no idea what happened, but I suspect she might be a strange mutant.

EDIT:
Apparently her pick has refused to melt, but she's decided that swimming in lava is way more cool than digging. Or doing anything else. Go figure.
EDIT AGAIN: Aaaaand she died. Of drowning. How odd.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 06:51:25 am by RustyTheBrave »

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33468 on: March 10, 2014, 07:34:27 am »

Do you have temperature off?

RustyTheBrave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33469 on: March 10, 2014, 07:40:59 am »

Do you have temperature off?
No I don't, which was the odd thing. She was flashing like she was on fire but… just peacefully wandered around, being 'quite content'. Until she drowned anyway.

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33470 on: March 10, 2014, 07:43:07 am »

Not sure that this is still an issue, but some releases ago you could've swimmed in magma without injuries if you are skinny (or if all of your fat is already melted)
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33471 on: March 10, 2014, 05:00:22 pm »

My monkey meat keeps getting stolen by monkeys. They must be cannibals.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33472 on: March 10, 2014, 05:35:24 pm »

I tried starting a new fort in a Savage-Good region. We killed a few giant boars, which really swelled up our food stocks early on, but then a tribe of owlbears came in and killed everyone. Except the elves who came to trade. Damn them and their peace treaty with nature.

My monkey meat keeps getting stolen by monkeys. They must be cannibals.

Just more proof that everybody loves Rhesus Pieces.

Xingu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33473 on: March 10, 2014, 06:19:35 pm »

Finally best my fortress population record! It. Took nine years and 130 of them are children, but I have 390 dwarves! I got really lucky and found a ton of gold I could sell, yet I didn't get a single ambush until I had about 160 dwarves and even after that I just got tiny sieges.

Hfs stuff
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also my first post :D

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33474 on: March 10, 2014, 08:00:01 pm »

A dorf made an artifact figuring of something he despises. WTF?

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33475 on: March 10, 2014, 10:27:20 pm »

Finally best my fortress population record! It. Took nine years and 130 of them are children, but I have 390 dwarves! I got really lucky and found a ton of gold I could sell, yet I didn't get a single ambush until I had about 160 dwarves and even after that I just got tiny sieges.

Hfs stuff

Also my first post :D

Wow. Talk about lucky. And yay, another lunatic for the madhouse!

____Angelwinged, 168
Throughout the citadel, screams of the damned could be heard, the smell of burnt hair and cooked flesh wafting through the air. Cries to the Goddess Princesses Celestia and Luna went answered with nothing but other prayers. These were the final hours of the great Pegasus fortress, built in the clouds from stone and brick. A once unbreakable symbol of the power of the pegasi clans, destroyed from the inside, as vengeance for incompetency. The last scream that emanated from the fort was not a cry of anguish, but the howl of a lunatic.
"THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU IDIOT PONIES LET 6 CARAVANS GO WITHOUT A DEPOT IN A ROW. BWAHAHAHAHAH!"
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Dowly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33476 on: March 11, 2014, 12:02:18 am »

One of my Dorfs lost both his hands, now he is running around the fort trying to clean himself with soap. Serves him right, as he murdered one of my other Dorfs earlier.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33477 on: March 11, 2014, 03:07:03 am »

Magma is pouring into the upper floors of my fortress. The offending dwarf lies in ashes. It's a race between the masons and the flow which will decide how many floors I will lose. I think that fool of an overseer must have been drinking while handing out the strip mining orders. :o

« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 03:11:21 am by Melting Sky »

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33478 on: March 11, 2014, 03:25:53 am »

I guess you could say...it's melting sky.
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33479 on: March 11, 2014, 06:20:35 am »

Ten years! Yaaaaay.

Coffee tiime~

Do note, if you guys are interested in any other developments in this town, I can share more z-levels.
Pages: 1 ... 2230 2231 [2232] 2233 2234 ... 3842