Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6104080 times)

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #3330 on: June 05, 2010, 07:56:32 pm »

I'll try that thanks.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: June 05, 2010, 08:46:28 pm »

Yea I should've known, magma solves everything.  I don't know why I even suggested those other two.

I have a miner stuck in the adamantine spire pathfinding bug.  He's not able to move to the numerous ramps and stairs leading out of the pit he dug himself into.  And he's currently starving and dehydrated.  I'm putting numerous plans into action to get him out.  All requiring action on his part.  I start to put them in action and...he does nothing.

I figure he can't path off of his tile (which may still be true) but when I check his status he's "On Break".  I guess he really wants to die.  SO I cancel all of the rescue operations and tell him to channel into the magma on the other side of the wall he's stuck against.  If he's going down magmas a good way to go.  And as a bonus it will flood out the buggy spire so that I don't try to harvest the adamantine and get more folks stuck.

EDIT:  Holy crap.  Apparently digging out the wall fixed the pathing bug and he raced the magma to the exit and made it out.  Now he's in a race to the food stockpile 30 z levels up before he dies of dehydration.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 08:49:30 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: June 05, 2010, 09:03:23 pm »

Devin died by the way.
So I immortalized him by putting his tomb in the pit.
Then tried to pit the Troll into the pit.
As Miranda ran for her life, the troll set off a cage trap but didn't get caught.
Miranda fled to the upper part of the pit, The watching area. Although it was a dead end.

Isaac flew in like the sheriff he is, with his strong blacksmith build and wrestled that troll as Miranda tried to escape.
The troll and Isaac we're blocking the exit though! What was going to happen!? Isaac eventually could take no more, and as Miranda saw this, she swooped in to pick him up and run. Making a loop around the pit to have the troll chase her, the troll lost it's footing and fell into the pit. Miranda quickly brought the injured sheriff up to the hospital to rest. As the troll now stands next to the Tomb of Devin, the Moth Slayer.
THPÆCROSSISM
KHDownloads

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: June 05, 2010, 09:49:35 pm »

Devin died by the way.
So I immortalized him by putting his tomb in the pit.
Then tried to pit the Troll into the pit.
As Miranda ran for her life, the troll set off a cage trap but didn't get caught.
Miranda fled to the upper part of the pit, The watching area. Although it was a dead end.

Isaac flew in like the sheriff he is, with his strong blacksmith build and wrestled that troll as Miranda tried to escape.
The troll and Isaac we're blocking the exit though! What was going to happen!? Isaac eventually could take no more, and as Miranda saw this, she swooped in to pick him up and run. Making a loop around the pit to have the troll chase her, the troll lost it's footing and fell into the pit. Miranda quickly brought the injured sheriff up to the hospital to rest. As the troll now stands next to the Tomb of Devin, the Moth Slayer.
Epic
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: June 05, 2010, 09:55:37 pm »

Thank you, this is the most fun I've ever had.
THPÆCROSSISM
KHDownloads

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: June 05, 2010, 11:13:10 pm »

It's round two, and Devin the Moth Slayer is dead. Who will kill this vile Pterosaur?
Just like I thought, it was the serpent man Civilization.

One of them is friendly to me now!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 11:35:41 pm by Hippoman »
THPÆCROSSISM
KHDownloads

Terisuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: June 06, 2010, 01:02:29 am »

While trying to divert some rivers away from their natural courses in an effort to create a 10z deep lake, I messed up the third diversion and created the world's most complex swimming pool out of my mining tunnels.  Threerivers the Fork, we hardly knew ye. 

saru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: June 06, 2010, 04:29:38 am »

Almost time to get the magma pump stack going. I expect efficiency to improve once the magma has made it all the way to the main fortress area. Plus, it'll be available for fun projects, like an obsidian farm.

By the way, I really love burrows. Assigned my furnace operators, glass makers, and smiths to a burrow deep in the earth, right next to my magma pool. Other dorfs drag down ore, sand, and food. It's perfect.
Well, except that the supply chain keeps getting choked up, and my glassmakers sit idle for long periods. None of my other stock-piles have "sand bags" turned on! Why are there not piles of sand bags down here!?

Oh well. It'll work out.

I also like the new military system, but man is it obtuse and bug-ridden.

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: June 06, 2010, 01:21:58 pm »

Oh shit. I just discovered I was a bit too busy with my fortress and the construction thereof, and a bit too little with the survival of my dwarves. A quick glance at the stocks screen reveals that I have 3003 food, 34 of which are Other, 193 are seeds and 2776 are Drinks. Time to kick-start the farms. And butcher some animals.
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #3339 on: June 06, 2010, 01:30:52 pm »

Almost time to get the magma pump stack going. I expect efficiency to improve once the magma has made it all the way to the main fortress area. Plus, it'll be available for fun projects, like an obsidian farm.

By the way, I really love burrows. Assigned my furnace operators, glass makers, and smiths to a burrow deep in the earth, right next to my magma pool. Other dorfs drag down ore, sand, and food. It's perfect.
Well, except that the supply chain keeps getting choked up, and my glassmakers sit idle for long periods. None of my other stock-piles have "sand bags" turned on! Why are there not piles of sand bags down here!?

Oh well. It'll work out.

I also like the new military system, but man is it obtuse and bug-ridden.

Maybe a lack of bags?

Kidiri: that happens to me all the time...
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3340 on: June 06, 2010, 03:31:42 pm »

Starting to build my single homes. Then Shop Buildings, then Depot Complex and such.
And All the homes have running water.
THPÆCROSSISM
KHDownloads

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: June 06, 2010, 03:53:16 pm »

Please, someone hazard a guess as to what's going on in this screenshot.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you guessed 'four forgotten beasts are hanging out in a 1-tile-wide hallway between the sealed-off caverns and the edge of the map,' you win a prize!

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: June 06, 2010, 03:54:57 pm »

Kill them.
Make your own Devin the Moth Slayer.
He couldn't kill a troglodyte, but he could kill a Forgotten Beast Moth in 30 seconds.
THPÆCROSSISM
KHDownloads

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3343 on: June 06, 2010, 04:10:49 pm »

I dunno. It's year 5 now and the first one came in year 2. I've kind of gotten used to having them around.

Still, the fact that they keep coming through the same side and getting stuck is both ridiculous and hilarious.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3344 on: June 06, 2010, 04:12:10 pm »

You do realize I've been feasting off moth meat for the past year and still have enough to last me several more?

Kill them. It's worth it.
THPÆCROSSISM
KHDownloads
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 3842