Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6103901 times)

ToothedCube

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: Rogueish charm]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #3300 on: June 05, 2010, 04:30:40 am »

My fort was recently beseiged by a forgotten beast, made of ice who proceeded to make a rather large dent in my fort's population, until one incredibly awesome dorf (hereafter referred to as 'Urist McHero') decided he had enough of the invincible ice-man and somehow managed to tackle it into a river, along with himself, and now both parties are fighting with no sign of stopping, despite the fact that  almost all of  Urist McHero's fingers are broken.

How should i tribute Urist McHero's heroic sacrifice on the behalf of my fort?

EDIT: Urist McHero is now dead, but now pretty much EVERYTHING on the FB is red, except his left foot, and both trunks.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 04:40:31 am by ToothedCube »

Crowbar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: June 05, 2010, 05:06:35 am »

A grand mausoleum, containing the crafts built out of the dead forgotten beast's body.

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: June 05, 2010, 05:52:19 am »

My fort was recently beseiged by a forgotten beast, made of ice who proceeded to make a rather large dent in my fort's population, until one incredibly awesome dorf (hereafter referred to as 'Urist McHero') decided he had enough of the invincible ice-man and somehow managed to tackle it into a river, along with himself, and now both parties are fighting with no sign of stopping, despite the fact that  almost all of  Urist McHero's fingers are broken.

EDIT: Urist McHero is now dead, but now pretty much EVERYTHING on the FB is red, except his left foot, and both trunks.
Urist McHero has become enraged!
Urist McHero: I've had it with these mothercarping beasts in this mothercarping fort!
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

LordShotGun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: June 05, 2010, 05:59:39 am »

Edit: I've also run into a weird thing where vermin corpses in my refuse pile isn't rotting away. Is this a new bug?

Yeah its a new bug, but its been fixed for the next update.
Must... eat... demon raaaaaaat! ARGLEBARGLEBARGLEBARGLE *CRASH* OMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

Tastes like... SAAAATAAAAAAAN!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: June 05, 2010, 07:17:36 am »

Build an enormous statue over said river, with its fist in the air. If your water freezes in winter, make it of ice.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: June 05, 2010, 07:33:16 am »

This is not good. I wanted to make an above-ground fortress, and a clock. I've just discovered that in 31.05 the map apparently freezes during winter. So now I've got to find a way to have some magma beneath AND above the clock. And also a way to keep what will be my water supply warm. Also, the nearest magma is at z-level -116. Yippee!
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #3306 on: June 05, 2010, 12:27:58 pm »

Ebra Ukgestuzang, Forgotten Beast has come!

A gigantic six-legged quadruped composed of mud.  It has a bloated body.  Beware its webs!

Ebra has been hanging around under my fortress for several years now.  I've blocked off the caverns for the time being, not wanting monsters to get into my fortress from underneath.  I've rigged up a drawbridge mechanism to let me periodically drop a few kittens down there to act as scouts and explorers.

Ebra loves to attack kittens.  Ebra always gets the worse of these encounters.  The fights consist of Ebra rushing over to a kitten and kicking at it, every attack glancing away harmlessly.  Sometimes the kitten is knocked over, still without any injury that I can determine.  The kittens fight back, of course, tearing fragments of tissue (which seems to consist of mud) out of the forgotten beast, leaving yellow wounds on its body.  Ebra doesn't feel pain and has no blood, so this doesn't seem to bother it much.  The fights go on until the kitten gets annoyed enough to run away and escape from their utterly incompetent opponent.

That's right, I have a forgotten beast who is physically incapable of harming a kitten.  I have rigged up an elaborate magma-based deathtrap for killing otherwise unkillable titans and forgotten beasts, but I don't see the point in using it against Ebra.  Maybe I'll try and capture him for use as a practice dummy for my soldiers or something.  Pity it doesn't actually throw webs that I could tell, or I would use it to set up a forgotten beast silk farm.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #3307 on: June 05, 2010, 12:31:47 pm »

A gigantic six-legged quadruped composed of mud.  It has a bloated body.  Beware its webs!

A gigantic six-legged quadruped composed of mud.

six-legged quadruped composed of mud.

six-legged quadruped

... only in dwarf fortress...
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: June 05, 2010, 12:37:46 pm »

six-legged quadruped

It has six legs, but only walks on four of them. Duh.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #3309 on: June 05, 2010, 12:43:38 pm »

six-legged quadruped

It has six legs, but only walks on four of them. Duh.

Then why the other two are called legs?  :o
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #3310 on: June 05, 2010, 12:45:13 pm »

The other two legs are for kicking kittens.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: June 05, 2010, 12:49:48 pm »

So I made a craft dwarves shop, and i can make four things.
Unknown Material Crafts
Unknown Material Go
Unknown Material In
Unknown Material Toy

So I made all four, and i only saw the first and last get made.
I now have 3 "Goblets"
The description:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: June 05, 2010, 01:07:47 pm »

So I made a craft dwarves shop, and i can make four things.
Unknown Material Crafts
Unknown Material Go
Unknown Material In
Unknown Material Toy

So I made all four, and i only saw the first and last get made.
I now have 3 "Goblets"
The description:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've had that - it means you've accidentally started in a sub-menu before defining the material. Press Esc and you should get back to the main workshop menu.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: June 05, 2010, 01:09:19 pm »

it eventually went back to normal.
And by eventually...I mean right after I posted this. C:
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: June 05, 2010, 01:14:02 pm »

The other two legs are for kicking missing kittens.

Fixed. :D
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 3842