Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2186 2187 [2188] 2189 2190 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6095441 times)

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #32805 on: February 02, 2014, 04:53:41 am »

There's a script in DFHack to adjust population counts.

use: region-pops boost

You can up/down the # of anything that way.  region-pops ? will give you a list of the options.

I'll leave it alone for now, but it's good to have a back-up plan.  Thanks!

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32806 on: February 02, 2014, 04:56:14 am »

Kilrudberul, 21, Galena.
A weremarmot! How terrifyi- Ooop, nevermind, he just turned into a kobold and got gored by the livestock. Wonder how many kills he had to his name, just to get mowed down by a bull.
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32807 on: February 02, 2014, 05:20:18 am »

Relicshield, pop. 145, Early Autumn of 356 (Year 105)

Unib Tautmerchants-Keypointed had just returned to patrol duty from maternity leave when Osna arrived.  Unib immediately began to shoot at the dragon before she heard a great clamor from her fellow dwarves, "don't shoot, don't shoot!" 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

She pulled back to let the dragon pass to the northwest gate, where it was soon captured.

fortydayweekend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32808 on: February 02, 2014, 05:35:11 am »

Laborfords
20th Obsidian, 233

-cracks knuckles- CHECKERBOARD TIME.

AKA: we're striking the candy-colored earth. I don't know who will be the sacrificial beard ambassador to the clowns, but it'll probably be an Abyssink. I have way too many of those already.

You've gone from anguish to sadism in such a short time :)
The Sea Lamprey bites the Miner in the lower left back teeth and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32809 on: February 02, 2014, 05:50:22 am »

Laborfords
20th Obsidian, 233

AKA: we're striking the candy-colored earth. I don't know who will be the sacrificial beard ambassador to the clowns, but it'll probably be an Abyssink. I have way too many of those already.

I'm quite mercurial. Also? CANDY. And seriously, I do have too many frikkin' Abyssink. 58! I only have 32 Utteredinks, 21 Twinklingdiamond, and 6 Lockhatchet. Nearly half of the clan-dwarves are Abyssink.

I should have made Minkot the baroness and appeased her with ballista arrows and damn the material waste. Her clan's already basically ruling Laborfords.

... Wait. Zon Utteredinks's husband Litast I is an Abyssink. One of Minkot's sons to boot. HAAAAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 05:52:16 am by Lielac »

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32810 on: February 02, 2014, 05:54:25 am »

Laborfords
20th Obsidian, 233

I'm quite mercurial. Also? CANDY. And seriously, I do have too many frikkin' Abyssink. 58! I only have 32 Utteredinks, 21 Twinklingdiamond, and 6 Lockhatchet. Nearly half of the clan-dwarves are Abyssink.

I should have made Minkot the baroness and appeased her with ballista arrows and damn the material waste. Her clan's already basically ruling Laborfords.

... Wait. Zon Utteredinks's husband Litast I is an Abyssink. One of Minkot's sons to boot. HAAAAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

People on these forums go from zero to murder at lightspeed. We could solve world overpopulation.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32811 on: February 02, 2014, 05:56:44 am »

Laborfords
20th Obsidian, 233

People on these forums go from zero to murder at lightspeed. We could solve world overpopulation.

The problem there-in lies with people being much more touchy and prone to skip arranging accidents in favor of flat-out murdering bloodthirsty leaders and such than dorfs.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32812 on: February 02, 2014, 06:00:14 am »

-snip!-

"zero to murder"... I'll be over here quietly expiring from laughter and requesting permission to sig that first sentence.

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32813 on: February 02, 2014, 06:09:32 am »

Eh, what's the button for the fort name? Need coffe.

Sure, it's 6 AM, sure, I already have about 4 hours of sleep to begin with, BUT I'M FURTHERING MY MIND!
Specifically, I'm trial and erroring my way to a pump stack. I SHALL GET THAT MAGMA UP 4 LEVELS, EVEN IF I HAVE TO KILL EVERY DWARF IN THE FORT TO DO IT! I'LL JUST MAKE THE MENACING CAVE DRAGONS DO THE WORK!
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32814 on: February 02, 2014, 06:10:13 am »

-snip!-

"zero to murder"... I'll be over here quietly expiring from laughter and requesting permission to sig that first sentence.

Permission granted. (Hey, I can humour! Wow!)

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32815 on: February 02, 2014, 06:26:10 am »

-snip!-

Permission granted. (Hey, I can humour! Wow!)

Excellent! :D (Yes you can. At least enough for my oddball sense of humor.)

Laborfords
17th Felsite, 234

With the structure dug out and the controlled cave-in complete, all that's required is for my blacksmiths to finish forging those iron grates c'mooooooooon

72 are needed. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32816 on: February 02, 2014, 07:00:30 am »

Second entry in the pump stack saga
YOU WANNA PLAY LIKE THAT YA FUCKIN IDIOT MASON?
FINE
GET COOKED.
I DON'T CARE, YOU'RE EXPENDABLE. MAGMA IS NOT.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32817 on: February 02, 2014, 08:47:15 am »

Second entry in the pump stack saga
YOU WANNA PLAY LIKE THAT YA FUCKIN IDIOT MASON?
FINE
GET COOKED.
I DON'T CARE, YOU'RE EXPENDABLE. MAGMA IS NOT.

-snicker-

The first five times I read this I misread "MAGMA IS NOT" as "MAGMA IS HOT" and I thought you were telling the mason "DON'T PLAY IN THE MAGMA, IT'S HOT. WHAT, GONNA IGNORE ME? SEE IF I CARE, YOU'RE EXPENDABLE". Works either way.

Laborfords
21st Limestone, 234

With the hatch levers fully linked and the magma cistern's hatches confirmed to be magma-safe, it only remains to pull water and magma down to fill the cisterns.

I'm not going to invade the third cavern just to get a source of water closer to the checkerboard, so pulling from the brook it is. This'll be fun, I have to navigate around the second and third caverns. I think I'll apply some fortification-reveal tactics to that. I'm pretty sure there aren't any projectile-weapon FBs in there...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 08:50:48 am by Lielac »

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32818 on: February 02, 2014, 08:50:30 am »

Oh... oh jeeze. One of my miners has transformed. Into a Dwarf descending certain mountains. Oh geeze.

I had, a few minutes before, spotted 'non-euclidean rock' in between dr. David.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32819 on: February 02, 2014, 09:25:12 am »

Laborfords
24th Sandstone, 234

I managed to drill a nearly direct hole 30 z-levels down my first try. WATERFALL TIIIIIIIIIIIME!

... wait. Shit. I should probably not have fortifications there, because I don't have a shut-off valve up top--

Edit, 1st Timber: AAAAAAAAAAAAND we are officially flooding the first cavern. WHOOPSYSHIT

Edit2, 11th Timber: I've got 15 pages (big ones) of nothing but "cancels build wall: my feet got wet" and the first dwarven casualty. Unib Holeportals isn't dead yet, but she will be as soon as she hits the grou--

i missaw
there are
five
corpses
already
down there
erith holeportals, kivish holeportals I, mosus utteredinks, uvash skinnycave, and melbil gulfchannel

fuck this shit i'm savescumming

Edit3, 1st Sandstone #2: Okay, nobody dead this time, thoroughly enclosed, and this time the shutoff hatch is at the top anyway so WOO! Also, dug out the magma line and that's going swell too. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edit4, 16th Sandstone: AAAAAAAAAAAND magma is flowing! And nobody died! And now it's time to pick the sacrificial Abyssink!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 10:32:57 am by Lielac »

Pages: 1 ... 2186 2187 [2188] 2189 2190 ... 3842