Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6104091 times)

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #3240 on: June 01, 2010, 11:22:12 pm »

attempting to Troll Proof. I keep relying too heavily on my massive set of bridges.

my castle courtyard has little defense, other than those bridges, I shall design a battery of Ballistae (properly fitted, of course) to shoot at the invaders.
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

Rocky

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels mod game: Interupted by failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: June 01, 2010, 11:44:46 pm »

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Migrants arrived. A carpenter took 4 steps onto my land and took on the aspect of a fey. He survived the mood, produced the least valuable artifact I ever saw (a wooden cup with wooden spikes). Despite the cheap artifact, it was by far the fastest normal-to-legendary I have ever seen!
♪ I needed gold 'cause I-- had none!
♪ I struck the earth and the-- earth won!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: June 02, 2010, 01:19:35 am »

Migrants arrived. A carpenter took 4 steps onto my land and took on the aspect of a fey. He survived the mood, produced the least valuable artifact I ever saw (a wooden cup with wooden spikes). Despite the cheap artifact, it was by far the fastest normal-to-legendary I have ever seen!
He was probably a high master already when he walked in.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Halo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: June 02, 2010, 01:29:13 am »

The elves brought me a tamed giant desert scorpion. I have named him Citizen Snips. He is chained in the arena. There is a lever to release him if necessary, but mostly he just hangs out while the troops fight with various cold, naked, frightened gobbos. If a gobbo goes over to the wrong side of the arena during the slaughter fight, he gets bonus neurotoxin! Yay! I'm really hoping they bring another scorpion, these guys are fun. Fun enough to actually look forward to elves visiting.

zergl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: June 02, 2010, 01:30:40 am »

I think it happened to me with a migrant child once, iirc.

Laughing Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: June 02, 2010, 02:03:49 am »

The elves brought me a tamed giant desert scorpion. I have named him Citizen Snips. He is chained in the arena. There is a lever to release him if necessary, but mostly he just hangs out while the troops fight with various cold, naked, frightened gobbos. If a gobbo goes over to the wrong side of the arena during the slaughter fight, he gets bonus neurotoxin! Yay! I'm really hoping they bring another scorpion, these guys are fun. Fun enough to actually look forward to elves visiting.
I just got me a couple breeding pairs of the things.  Scorpions for the win!

Elves actually brought me a lot of fun stuff this game:  Jaguars, giant leopards, wolves, alligators, a giant eagle, and the aforementioned scorpion.  Only problem?  Treehugging bastards only brought females.  >.<  Has been partially corrected by the second caravan, but I'm still waiting on a second eagle.  Oh well, I suppose I'll have to settle for a horrifyingly venomous guard beast...

Crowbar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: June 02, 2010, 03:00:22 am »

It's taking me longer to set things up for my dorfs than I expected.  I'm only just now designing bedrooms, and I haven't even gotten around to rigging up the floodgates to make mud.

grufti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: June 02, 2010, 05:16:48 am »

I just got the first elven caravan in my new fort and they delivered about 100 cages (2 grizzlies, 3 alligators, a whole lot of camels and other stuff) and 2k booze (I was near running out of booze anyway, now my dwarves have booze for the next few decades. :D

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: June 02, 2010, 08:53:27 am »

Integrated my pumpstack design for both water and magma into my basic fortress design. Only one stack to deliver both, so I'll have to do some control with doors and hatches to prevent accidents, but I should be able to deliver water or magma to any level now!  Next fort, I might try separate stacks for water and magma.

Also, still working on setting up macros properly. 
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: June 02, 2010, 12:24:07 pm »

I just got me a couple breeding pairs of the things.  Scorpions for the win!

Elves actually brought me a lot of fun stuff this game:  Jaguars, giant leopards, wolves, alligators, a giant eagle, and the aforementioned scorpion.  Only problem?  Treehugging bastards only brought females.  >.<  Has been partially corrected by the second caravan, but I'm still waiting on a second eagle.  Oh well, I suppose I'll have to settle for a horrifyingly venomous guard beast...
Females are never bad. After all, it only takes one male to start breeding, but your breeding speed is limited by the number of females.

Meh. I'm hoping for my elves to bring a male Tigerman next time. Now if I could just figure out how to arm the buggers, I'll be set.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

darksergio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: June 02, 2010, 01:08:01 pm »

well my last fort was going good until the carpenter dwarf got possed and since nothing fit his tastes she when berserk whit her adamanine axe nd cut her ways trought everybody including two champions and the half of the forstress efore it fell in a tantrum spiral that had disastrosus consequenses for the world

PD: dont ask how she got it tht was th elast time that I left the wepons stockpile door open
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 01:20:04 pm by darksergio »
Clear skies with a chance of FLAMIN' RAIN!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: June 02, 2010, 01:49:15 pm »

My fort is becoming even more interesting by the day. Latest, my Armorer with a broken back just dragged himself to the forge for a mood.

Dark: She probably had woodcutting enabled, and snagged the first ax she found.

zergl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: June 02, 2010, 02:08:54 pm »

well my last fort was going good until the carpenter dwarf got possed and since nothing fit his tastes she when berserk whit her adamanine axe nd cut her ways trought everybody including two champions and the half of the forstress efore it fell in a tantrum spiral that had disastrosus consequenses for the world

PD: dont ask how she got it tht was th elast time that I left the wepons stockpile door open

This is exactly why I tend to surround every entrance to a mood dorfs workshop with cage traps as soon as it's claimed if I'm not certain that I have everything the dwarf wants.

darksergio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: June 02, 2010, 02:15:30 pm »

oh that is a good idea but at least it ws fund to see her cut two champons in a few second
Clear skies with a chance of FLAMIN' RAIN!

brainfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: June 02, 2010, 02:37:05 pm »

Having some fun...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You can allow or stop your dwarves from eating these mushrooms, but it's entirely optional and doesn't turn Dwarf Fortress into Dwarf hookah-smoking pad.
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 3842