Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2124 2125 [2126] 2127 2128 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6098327 times)

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #31875 on: December 11, 2013, 03:22:09 pm »

He's a goddamn grand master crutch-walker, holy shit.

Nice.  Some of my best soldiers have been crutch-users!

Relicshield, pop. 165, Early Winter of 339 (Year 88)

The Dragon Etog Ngobsulo Slakga Zangu has come!  A gigantic reptilian creature.  It is magical and can breath fire.  These monsters can live for thousands of years.

A new dragon was captured!  Not only that, but it was discovered that Etog has strong connections to three of the four dragons that perished during the Rampage of Tob.  He is the former mate of Ibmat, the fortress's first dragon, the father of Slusa, the youngest adult dragon, and the son of Istrath, Relicshield's largest dragon.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meng II Lanterngaze-Channeltree has her work cut out for her in training Etog.  Hopefully she and Etog will live up to the fine legacy left behind by Meng Roughwhips and his dragons.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31876 on: December 11, 2013, 05:53:54 pm »

Siege lifted, and the general response of the populous was to bum rush the river for water, as we're still low on barrels for filling with alcohol. The would-be serial killer isn't dead yet, but on his way, and one of the young dorfs has grown up, and is found to have a spark of magic in her, making her the perfect candidate for starting a battlemage training program. I'm thinking pyromancers, but air mages may be a good choice a swell since they can fling webs and crate animate weaponry...

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31877 on: December 11, 2013, 05:58:30 pm »

one of the young dorfs has grown up, and is found to have a spark of magic in her, making her the perfect candidate for starting a battlemage training program.

Sounds cool.  What mod is this?

PaleBlueHammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31878 on: December 11, 2013, 07:36:02 pm »

Lost about 4 dorfs to building a death spire

... working as intended?
Quote from: misko27
If adamantine is revealed for more then 2 years without being completely mined it all turns into galena. Useless, Useless Galena.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31879 on: December 11, 2013, 07:54:16 pm »

one of the young dorfs has grown up, and is found to have a spark of magic in her, making her the perfect candidate for starting a battlemage training program.

Sounds cool.  What mod is this?

Masterwork.

Eidre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31880 on: December 11, 2013, 08:23:51 pm »

The following separated by (literally) less than a minute of slow-FPS time:

* Goblin ambush (crossbowmen and archers) pops in right by my entrance tunnel.
* Dwarven caravan drives on, right on top of the goblins.
* Second ambush (speargoblins) drops in, right on top of the first one.
* Dwarven caravan guards obliterate both packs of goblins before my dwarves could even get there to assist, losing only a wagon.
* Caravan panics and flees back off the map...
* ...but not before one merchant and one camel (?) go insane (merchant = stark raving; camel = berserk) 4 tiles from the map edge, clearly within easy access of the edge, and within a day (game time) of when they arrived.

Clearly the Dwarven Trade Federation is not taking their psych screening program very seriously.

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31881 on: December 11, 2013, 09:35:30 pm »

Bronze Colossi can apparently take upwards of 1,500 metal bolts from near-legendary marksdwarves and not die.

In other news, the pathway to the surface has been dug successfully. Two squads of kobolds already visited the underground and got wrecked by a forgotten beast in the shape of a tarantula with one eye, a bloated body, lacy wings, a mauve exoskeleton, and a poisonous bite. That beastie chased them out of the caverns to the surface, where it's hanging around waiting for the next goblin siege, which will either kill it or die to it. (More likely the former.)

Hopefully some of the other twenty FBs in the caves will follow suit and massacre everything the aboveground sends my way. Seeing some Titan v FB fights would be entertaining.
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31882 on: December 11, 2013, 10:28:17 pm »

Seeing some Titan v FB fights would be entertaining.

Absolutely!  Now you've made me want to capture 1 of each for this very reason.

Oriolous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31883 on: December 12, 2013, 12:56:23 am »

My world got corrupted in the save files so I have to restart... >.< Not gonna do that tonight, I suppose...

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31884 on: December 12, 2013, 01:18:07 am »

There's a forgotten beast in my caverns composed of flame, happily draining away all the water.

...how interesting.
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

Don Blake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31885 on: December 12, 2013, 01:38:26 am »

"Slim pickings, this year," Ducim Sworddawn, broker of Ceilingscorch, remarked, casting his eye critically over the bins of cloth the elves had brought this year.

The red haired elf smiled coldly.  "When last we left, Earth-digger, there was a goblin army bearing down on you.  There was some debate over whether there was any point in returning at all. The balance was finally swayed when it was pointed out that if you were dead, we could merely pick through the ruins for what remained of your crafts.  In any event, how did you fare?"

Ducim grinned from under his braided mustache, and pushed an amulet towards the elf.  "Thus does the Prison of Rocks serve all her foes," he noted.

The elf lifted the thing in her hands, turning it over.  "Is this..."

"The tooth comes from a beast they called Ngom," Ducim said.  "A cave dragon raised in the hell of the goblin forts, bred for war, and unleashed by the Goblin General himself- now nothing more than a pretty trinket for some elf's neck.  Keep it- bring it back to your Druids, and tell them that Ceilingscorch stands!"

The last two words were delivered in a shout that echoed from the courtyard walls. The dwarves nearby turned towards the Depot.  The militia, training just outside the entrance to the Hall Proper were the first to return the shout.  Then the hunter, crossing the bridge with a dead coyote slung over her shoulder. Finally the mechanic glanced up from his work carefully aligning the ten warhammers that would crash down on the skull of the next enemy to challenge Ceilingscorch.

Then, altogether, in a great rolling wave of sound, "CEILINGSCORCH STANDS!"

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31886 on: December 12, 2013, 01:41:19 am »

Then, altogether, in a great rolling wave of sound, "CEILINGSCORCH STANDS!"
Well-written interlude there.  How many cave dragons did the goblins send in their most recent siege?

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31887 on: December 12, 2013, 01:43:04 am »

I've been curious for a while - how do I make goblin bone crafts from prisoners? I just dropped a Kobold down thirty or so z-levels and he didn't explode into enough gibs for my butchers to want to salvage bones... apparently.

Don Blake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31888 on: December 12, 2013, 01:46:59 am »

In the last siege, a couple of packs of them, along with Giant Olm mounts for the goblins.  In the siege before that, just one pack, and another in the one before that.  That was the one the Elves were here for.

There'd also been an ambush, a Flying Forgotten Beast incursion, and a surprisingly deadly Giant Toad (somehow got the jump on a Hunter, and killed him and a couple of war dogs before the militia got down there) in the meantime, as well.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31889 on: December 12, 2013, 03:40:32 am »

The timely arrival of the human caravan (scant moment before another beak wolf attack,) may have saved a glassmaker's life as he wanted plant fiber cloth. Remains to be seen if he'll make it. The beakwolves have so far contented themselves killing livestock and pets that got trapped outside, however there's one exceptions: Gesith Menacednations, personal spear of a recent migrant (AKA a freaking pet spear.)

So far it's killed three beak wolves and put down one of their war cougars. It just went on a blood soaked rampage through the beak wolf ranks and is now known as "The Stolen God of Trifles." I'm going to just refer to is as The Stolen God from now on. Because that's a pretty imposing name for a magic spear.
Pages: 1 ... 2124 2125 [2126] 2127 2128 ... 3842