Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2079 2080 [2081] 2082 2083 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6096321 times)

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #31200 on: October 12, 2013, 01:54:39 am »

How do I get my warriors to drop their clothes? It's not letting them wear their armour and changing "over clothing" to "replace clothing" didn't work. I currently have only one dwarf properly equipped and I think a titan is coming soon.

lazygun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31201 on: October 13, 2013, 02:29:23 pm »

Digging mining tunnels below the first cavern layer, miners broke into another set of caverns, well to be precise the top of a chasm that goes so far down they can't see the bottom, except it seems to be opening out into  a cavern layer 50 to 60 levels down.

Future goblin execution chamber, maybe?

Tarqiup Inua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31202 on: October 13, 2013, 05:17:39 pm »

How do I get my warriors to drop their clothes? It's not letting them wear their armour and changing "over clothing" to "replace clothing" didn't work. I currently have only one dwarf properly equipped and I think a titan is coming soon.
You probably changed the settings for one of the uniform templates instead of changing it for the said squad.
Nuri al-Gnat - dwarven apidologist
notable works: al-Gnat's test (for determining the child snatcher's ability to pass undetected while getting stung by bees... or at least look human while at it)

Detahramet

• Bay Watcher
  • LIBERAL DWARF SQUAD! Hell yes, LDS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31203 on: October 13, 2013, 05:29:57 pm »

I've just drowned a third of my fortress' population.
All that drowned were either babies or children.

There is something deeply cathartic about this.
Hail Kodkod, Goddess of Jam!

Garukin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31204 on: October 14, 2013, 02:41:10 am »

A minotaur visited Inkbanner.
He casually jogged all the way from the edge of the map, through the main entrance, through the grand hall, through the living quarters, down the cave access and stood around for a while, presumably admiring the cagetraps i set up to capture cavern creatures. Then he jumped in.

Now he's restrained by an artifact chain in my barons office.

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31205 on: October 14, 2013, 05:00:33 am »

Got my 3rd migrant wave at 59 dwarves(Biggest migrant wave for me ever). The best part? Half are children.

Grey Goo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Metallic
« Reply #31206 on: October 14, 2013, 09:49:48 am »

Got my 3rd migrant wave at 59 dwarves(Biggest migrant wave for me ever). The best part? Half are children.

Yep, time to set-up special daycare. Very special daycare...

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31207 on: October 14, 2013, 09:55:56 am »

A minotaur visited Inkbanner.
He casually jogged all the way from the edge of the map, through the main entrance, through the grand hall, through the living quarters, down the cave access and stood around for a while, presumably admiring the cagetraps i set up to capture cavern creatures. Then he jumped in.

Now he's restrained by an artifact chain in my barons office.

And scaring most of fortress population on the way I bet.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #31208 on: October 14, 2013, 01:16:49 pm »

Finally started playing DF again. Possessed carpenter, just picks up some stuff I've got laying around, no problemo.
I get this:

A statue depicting the founding of my fortress and one of my starting 7.
Promptly placed it in the middle of my dining hall.
Yessss

In other news, my aboveground fortifications have finished their first stage, I can now close the bridge to fend off attackers. Now I'll just have to construct the second level with fortifications so marksdwarves can shoot at invaders.

E: And yes, The Golden Anvil is a randomly generated name.

E2: Goblin ambush. R.I.P. half of my 5-person novice axedwarf squad. But the goblins were killed.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 02:12:49 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #31209 on: October 15, 2013, 12:10:33 am »

Randomly decided to see how my alchemist's experiments were coming along.  Found his laboratory in ruins, his materials thrown about chaotically from the explosion, and smoke choking up the room.  Tongsurged the Alchemist was nearby, unmoving.  His head... melted.  It literally said "His head is melted".  He was bleeding heavily.  But he was ecstatic, because he'd recently become a parent.  Didn't know what to do for him, so I went back to waiting for my broker to get to the depot to rescue a moody dwarf from insanity due to lacking materials.  Looked at the alchemist again a couple minutes later.  Probably a couple in-game days.  He was just fine.  His head fat was gone, but otherwise perfectly healthy.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Iceflame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31210 on: October 15, 2013, 08:16:23 am »

My recent built, and still small fortress is currently suffering from massive kobold- and goblin visits. I've lost about 6 marksdwarfes to the last kobold ambush, and a handful of non-military dwarfes, about 15 percent of my grown-up population. I need something to recognize those ambushes earlier.
My first artifact weapon was made - a golden crossbow with cat leather stripes on it, which was immediatelly used by my only elite marksdwarf ... to beat a minotaur to death.

AND I still haven't found any metal ore besides gold.

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31211 on: October 15, 2013, 08:42:58 am »

Oh dear. I found a vampire. I was looking at people with high social skills to be the mayor, and accidentally came upon him.. I think I'll wall him off for now, until i think of a way to use him.

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31212 on: October 15, 2013, 10:02:27 am »

At least you found gold, I keep smeltering thetraedrhite...
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

Cuddles

• Bay Watcher
  • Who wants to cuddle?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31213 on: October 15, 2013, 10:52:28 am »

imo tetrahedrite is just way too common. it's boring and not really that useful. galena is a close second for being annoying as all hell. everywhere but sedimentary.
more diversity in stone layers throughout an embark area would be really really nice.
I don't bite.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31214 on: October 15, 2013, 04:33:50 pm »

At least you found gold, I keep smeltering thetraedrhite...

On the upside you can make basic kit for the defense force from that.

Not really great, but hey, it's something...
Pages: 1 ... 2079 2080 [2081] 2082 2083 ... 3842