Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2043 2044 [2045] 2046 2047 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6094652 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #30660 on: August 28, 2013, 07:12:01 pm »

A bowyer mood just made a tunnel tube blowgun *facedesks*

I am seriously considering atomsmashing the thing. Actually,since it was right on the same day as the seasonal autosave triggered, I'll try savescumming.

(assuming savescumming is using task manager to force close DF and then reloading, so if I'm doing it wrong, let me know)

Attempt 1: blowgun...

Attempt 2: blowgun....

Attempt 3: blowgun.....
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 07:20:45 pm by smjjames »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #30661 on: August 28, 2013, 07:17:41 pm »

Haha, that's pretty funny. Good luck getting the ammo for that.  :P
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30662 on: August 28, 2013, 07:19:08 pm »

Haha, that's pretty funny. Good luck getting the ammo for that.  :P

Should I keep or atomsmash?

Edit: Does savescumming a mood only work if you do it before they start construction?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 07:21:16 pm by smjjames »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #30663 on: August 28, 2013, 07:21:26 pm »

IMO? Save it, keep it for it's 'sentimental value' to the crafter.
Once the crafter dies somehow, then atomsmash.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

beerunit1

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #30664 on: August 28, 2013, 11:32:11 pm »

Cleaning up after an eighty strong seige was broken and revamping the defenses with a tiger pit. Considering making a death sauna as soon as I hit magma but I don't know if such a thing could work. Does anyone know if it will? Also, I am making preparations to breach cavern level one for the first time in my df career and fight the vomit beast down there (the fort is about 60 years old. I guess I expand slowly).

Stalker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30665 on: August 29, 2013, 03:44:56 pm »

I'm still learning about this game, but I'm getting the hang of it. My first "decent" fort lasted 3 years and it collapsed due to a tantrum spiral caused by a goblin siege (FUN). It's population was 74.
Now I've learned some other stuff and I'm doing better, my current fort is three years old but it already has a population of 202 dwarves (64 children  ???), it's wealth is 409100 dorfbucks  :D, and I finally made a well armed militia and found a cavern :D. I think I'm doing well because this new world I created has no goblins xD. Welcome to APESTOMB, please stop having babies...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A medium-sized creature prone to artifact hunting, radiation and general stupidity.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #30666 on: August 29, 2013, 04:16:55 pm »

what kind of militia do you have? i think all your military is in inactive mode because i only see one marksdwarf.

to do that, press 's', then select the squad then press 't'

you should really conscript some of your rangers. their natural experience in marksdwarfship make them excellent marksdwarves.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

Stalker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30667 on: August 29, 2013, 04:21:01 pm »

I have 2 militias, but they were getting bad thoughts for long patrol so I changed to "inactive" for a while. Thanks for the tip
A medium-sized creature prone to artifact hunting, radiation and general stupidity.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #30668 on: August 29, 2013, 09:04:46 pm »

another tip: keep marksdwarves inactive. they get more exp that way. but put them in a squad for easy organization
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30669 on: August 29, 2013, 09:55:23 pm »

I'm trying to get a military going.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

mirrizin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30670 on: August 29, 2013, 09:56:28 pm »

Completed a goblin meat grinder just in case my newly drafted recruits aren't up to snuff. Then, while waiting for a siege that hasn't come yet, I decorated the front room with a mosaic of our civilization's symbol, entirely done in cobaltite and dolomite. Meanwhile, the big digging project has finally hit cavern 1, and so things will be dicey for a few z levels...

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30671 on: August 30, 2013, 12:20:44 am »

Relicshield, pop. 103, Spring of 331 (Fort Year 80)

Thanks to the work of Kurik Amudnil, immigration to the Mountainhome has commenced once more.  Relicshield welcomed 24 new inhabitants with open arms, eager to boost the population after the devastating Riots of 323.  The dragon breeding program has been put on temporary hold.  With 4 adults and 13 hatchlings, there are now enough for additional dragon-guarded cavern entrances.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 12:34:27 am by VerdantSF »

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30672 on: August 30, 2013, 05:43:09 am »

The King has arrived!! But wait... Where is the King?

How could you lose the King? You are his entourage!!

Five bothersome Nobles, a few unskilled peasants sent to haul ore and garbage, four Legendary dwarves added to the military (2 Hammer, 2 Mace), and no King...

With near immediate demands started by our new Noble residents, but no King or Consort to inspire our craftsman, plans have been made for specialty isolation chambers royal housing. Especially for the Lady Unil IdenLozLok, who is a Drider (Masterwork mod). A few of us were worried they might cause some commotion throughout the fort, but apparently having the lower body of a spider isn't as surprising as one would think.

Still no word on why the King did not arrive with his own guards, but we are now the Mountainhome!

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #30673 on: August 30, 2013, 08:38:31 am »

Terrifying Tundra, One Pick Challenge.

Lost my miner and pick to the aquifer, using the open-air freezing method, and forgot that a miner tends to stand on a ramp when channeling out said ramp...

Lets try to make it to fall, and see what we can get done by then.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30674 on: August 30, 2013, 11:31:13 am »

With near immediate demands started by our new Noble residents, but no King or Consort to inspire our craftsman, plans have been made for specialty isolation chambers royal housing. Especially for the Lady Unil IdenLozLok, who is a Drider (Masterwork mod). A few of us were worried they might cause some commotion throughout the fort, but apparently having the lower body of a spider isn't as surprising as one would think.

With all the things dwarves usually see by the time you're ready for the monarch, I can imagine driders would get a shrug or two and that's it ;).  Grats on becoming the Mountainhome!
Pages: 1 ... 2043 2044 [2045] 2046 2047 ... 3842