Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1998 1999 [2000] 2001 2002 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6096223 times)

Korva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #29985 on: July 06, 2013, 03:47:53 pm »

The marksdwarf was fairly ineffective, but the turkeys jumped on him started biting the minotaur in the neck. Although not doing any damage, the turkeys kept the minotaur pinned down while the rest of the doomed axedwarf's squad and more marksdwarves showed up and finished off the minotaur.

War turkeys? That's a hilarious idea. How many of them did you sic on that minotaur? Got any data on how many it takes to pin a goblin- or human-sized enemy?

And VerdantSF, what is that tool you're using to display the civilizations and wars? I'm completely out of the loop.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29986 on: July 06, 2013, 03:52:26 pm »

A full-on tantrum spiral has erupted in Relicshield :'(.  Thankfully the Dragon Den is located far away from all of the fighting.

And VerdantSF, what is that tool you're using to display the civilizations and wars? I'm completely out of the loop.

Legends viewer, which is included in LNP.

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29987 on: July 06, 2013, 05:00:08 pm »

Urist #1 has become a Woodcutter. Urist #2 has become a fisherdwarf. Some kobolds have sprung from ambush! They kill ... both of my Trader migrants. Sweet.

Quakeswallowed is a barony now, with only 53 total population. And zero vampires.
I know that vampires exist because I can view Diety info through the Relations screen, and the gods have been cursing people.
I may have to cross my fingers and hope the king is a vampire.

On the plus side, my baroness will be very happy in the meantime. Mitsuki has no furniture preferences, likes Longland Beer, and her rooms furnish a legendary green glass box, a legendary green glass floor hatch, and a legendary granite floor hatch. Apparently this fort is so old that we actually have a supply of glass.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29988 on: July 06, 2013, 05:39:14 pm »

We've decided to call our new claim Katakamas, mostly because of our very outspoken Bookeeper who plans to breed Drakes. I don't think anyone has an issue with the Drakes so much as why he keeps trying to talk the miners into making the future Drake pen so much larger than he would ever need, and much deeper than they are willing to go so early. It's like he plans on making training something much larger, but everyone has been ignoring him anyways, to much work needs to be done to get the Forges up and working so we can create something for the coming caravan.

Our first migrant wave has just arrived too. Four battered dwarves from some ruined fortress nearby that we've never heard of, they don't seem to like talking about it, but one of them was mumbling about about flooded minecart tracks and murderous monsters from below in his sleep. Must have eaten some weird mushrooms on the road...

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29989 on: July 06, 2013, 05:55:37 pm »

Is there any way to advance world legends about 30 or 40 years past when a fortress falls? Besides reclaiming about a dozen times.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

xandalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29990 on: July 06, 2013, 06:00:05 pm »

Minedshadow, est 147. Mid-spring, Year 168, pop ~200 (those phantom dwarves are starting to make keeping an accurate census difficult... I have yet to find a way to clear them from the lists. And they are "dead&buiried"/non-ghost, so I've no clue as to wtf is going on there).

Daze has finally come out of hiding, along with yet another "friend," Unu Ososmat; "A gigantic click beetle composed of ice. It has wings and it sqruirms and fidgets. Beware its deadly spittle!" Whee. Another flyer. So, now I have to figure out how to split them up, because I do NOT want Unu mixed in with my web-slingers. Of course, I might now have a reason to sink that 2nd probe shaft down (I know where all the safe-space is now, on this map, short of HFS) 'till I find the magma sea, and use said magma to give it a warm welcome... Or marksdwarf training.

I was also forced to resort to an auto-dump of all the surface clutter/bodies for compacting so I could up my framerate a bit. Yeah, kinda cheap; but I see no point in sacrificing dwarves to maintain playability. They do just fine finding ways to off themselves without me sending them out to puke and get skewered (and probably puke again) by whatever current group of goblins/trolls/ogresses feels like laying siege that day since the elements/thieves are so damn slow at clearing the junk.

Is there any way to advance world legends about 30 or 40 years past when a fortress falls? Besides reclaiming about a dozen times.

I don't know, but I think that could be quite useful for several things... If I get Minedshadow to "the state I want it in," I eventually plan to try returning in Adventure Mode. Of course, getting there might take that long if I start the attempt without a time-advance...

Bludulukus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29991 on: July 06, 2013, 06:47:20 pm »

Fortressbowel, pop 230, year 17.

The first watch tower is complete, it is a humble 4x4 and 3 floors high.  It has been called Tower Mzark.

A goblin ambush ended in dismembered goblins and many tears thanks to my new and shiny iron serrated discs.

An entire generation of dwarves is coming of age right now, giving me plenty of warm bodies for the building of larger projects, most likely some sort of above-ground castle and for sending exploratory squads into the third cavern level.

Lor Ilashendok, 2nd bookkeeper has been condemned to death by starvation locked in his chambers for the most heinous crime of not doing any bookkeeping at all.

I have become the Mountainhome!!!, the queen is here and her chambers are not ready
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 08:24:48 pm by Bludulukus »

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29992 on: July 06, 2013, 08:45:10 pm »

Relicshield, pop. 74, Winter of 323 (Year 72)

The Mountainhome is slowly recovering from the massive riots that started in the Spring.  The widespread looting and violence claimed the lives of half of the fortress including King Urist Shootwondered.  Luckily, the larder's surplus outlasted the worst of it, thanks to the restructuring done after the Famine of 304.

The fortress's first dwarf execution was held when Ilral II Wheelrang witnessed his sister, Aban II, murder Dewboy Lanterngaze.  Commander Olivine took on the role of Hammerer and carried out the sentence. 

xandalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29993 on: July 06, 2013, 09:10:34 pm »

I have become the Mountainhome!!!, the queen is here and her chambers are not ready

Been there before... Which is why Minedshadow is currently an "elite community." No one gets in currently, and they've barely traded, so even though it rates as a metropolis... it still only has a Mayor. He's very busy. He also hoards food like nobody's business... I keep having to view his coffers, and dump out all the food he keeps ignoring in favor of a meal in the main hall. Thankfully I also have installed an auto-compressor...

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29994 on: July 06, 2013, 09:33:10 pm »

Fortress population of 100, ending the second year. Magma is near layer 95, and it was right next to a huge candy spire. No flux, but plenty of iron. There are constant goblin ambushes, but they have all died fast. Also, for some reason, nearly every migrant is at least competent in a weapon skill with up to 250 kills, along with various other combat skills.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

xandalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29995 on: July 06, 2013, 11:57:33 pm »

Minedshadow, est. 147. Early winter, Year 168, pop ~200.

Hurray! I've gotten Daze into the 2nd lair now. So that makes three types of FB silk for clothes. I've also trapped Unu in a cage.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The location of the cage, in the bulwark.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So now the question is... what to do with Unu? Build the cage in some far-removed corner of the map, link it to an equally far-removed (from the cage) lever, then seal both off with constructed walls? Some other stupid-dwarf trick? I don't know, it's crazy! Oh, and its "spittle" is actually spinning ice-shards...

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29996 on: July 07, 2013, 01:11:33 am »

Heartmine, 811. The fortress is in its 40th year and I've finally caught a breeding pair of rocs. Dwarves with air superiority? This should be fun.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29997 on: July 07, 2013, 01:13:36 am »

Relicshield, pop. 73, Winter of 323 (Year 72)

Duke Phyllite died of thirst, too depressed to drink from the plentiful alcohol all around him :(.  Now Commander Olivine is the only living member of the Original Seven.

Heartmine, 811. The fortress is in its 40th year and I've finally caught a breeding pair of rocs. Dwarves with air superiority? This should be fun.

Grats on the rocs!  I always wanted those, but they died out in world gen for my current fort.

xandalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29998 on: July 07, 2013, 01:14:49 am »

Sweet. Good luck with the breeding program.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29999 on: July 07, 2013, 01:48:23 am »

Rocs, Dragons, and Cave Dragons are the Rock, Paper, Scissors of war trainable mega beasts.

Rocs beat cave dragons due to more powerful melee
Cave dragons beat dragons due to immunity to fire.  While dragons waste moves breathing fire, the cave dragons demolish them.
Dragons beat rocs with dragonfire.

One of these days, I'd love to have a fort with all three.
Pages: 1 ... 1998 1999 [2000] 2001 2002 ... 3842