Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1898 1899 [1900] 1901 1902 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6120062 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #28485 on: March 28, 2013, 08:57:06 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On the right is the reanimated corpse of a Dwarf Necromancer called Asmel Ushtavel. Emerald eyes, cinnamon skin, this Dwarf was likely once one of our own. No combat logs exist of how he died, but numerous broken bones, a broken spine and its proximity to triggered stone traps suggest that he was heavily injured and tried to escape, suffocating when his lungs ceased to function. A named corpse called Etur Kosothoshur would indicate that the stone traps killed another Dwarf Necromancer. The Necromancer in the screen cap is Puja Ennakem, broken left upper leg (fractured) with a broken rib (torn left lung), unconscious from pain. She will likely be dead some time before or after Mayor Vabok (the purple speardwarf) arrives. 12 other Dwarf warlords are just behind her. There is also known to be one other Necromancer, Zicab Wimadzin somewhere nearby.

Two Necromancers dead, one heavily injured, another unknown.
Dwarf casualties: One boar is missing.

Following the failed attack on the front entrance (two Necromancers captured, two slain, one of which was the Ringleader of the Worthy Ales), the forlorn hope (two necromancers captured (one executed via scorpion), 2 slain in combat and one frozen) the continued Attack of Volcanoes is looking to be nearing an end, having endured for nearly three years of siege.

*EDIT

Zicub was found by Urist Uvash and Mayor Vabok, having too been injured like her necromancer comrades. She was dealt many death blows and all the necromancers in her group are now dead. It appears there are still more of them for the siege of silentthunders endures.

Father of three and loving husband, Erush Stockadecoloured died of old age. Strange, never had that happen before. It's quite eerie really, I feel like something is wrong...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 04:33:37 pm by Loud Whispers »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #28486 on: March 28, 2013, 04:11:11 pm »

Started a fort in the 19c version, because why not.

I can't cross the cave river, because my mason keeps trying to use rocks from the other side of the damn thing.
Anyway, I've set up a moat and a drawbridge to keep migrants invaders out, and my stockpiles are full to bursting with trade goods.
Sadly, we don't have any drinks, and no-one feels like gathering plants from outside.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Koremu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28487 on: March 28, 2013, 08:09:03 pm »

Fort died to an unfortunate combination of werebeast and goblins.

New Fort: The random name generator has decided to call it "Nashonurist", or "Bloody Dagger".

This is of course hilarious, and probably an omen.

EDIT: Also, one of my starting 7 "likes Ash Demons for their horrifying features"
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 08:19:17 pm by Koremu »
It's a dwarf.  Their natural habitat is "trapped on the wrong side of a wall".

Flinging children halfway across the map to land in magma is good, wholesome fun, but extramarital reproduction?  Why, that's just unseemly!

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #28488 on: March 28, 2013, 10:30:32 pm »

Axehole had a pretty kickass artifact leather backpack made. It's pretty cool. Trammeltoe the Skewered Flames, worth 12000 dorfbucks, this object is encrusted with oval marble cabochons and is adorned with hanging rings of leather and menaces with spikes of leather. The only question now is, what's a Trammel and why is its toe on fire?

More adamantine has been mined out, approximately 5 layers total, and I think around 50 wafers have been refined so far. I'll probably have to mine it carefully soon, the spire's starting to get down into the molten rock.

Five suits of steel armor and 5 steel halberds have been ordered forged for the poor halberd squad, who so far have had only the leftover metal equipment to pick through like pathetic mongrel scavengers. Now they get the first suits of steel armor and the finest steel halberds crafted by our legendary weaponsmith and grand master armorsmith. The halberd squad will get the first suits of adamantine too since they won't be wielding a shield.

Oh, and all the clothes are slowly rotting off the civilians. I should probably look into getting replacements made, but the clothiers refuse to use the silk cloth for clothesmaking, and we don't have enough leather to act as a substitute.

Endok Paddledent the Aquamarine Blush of Trees has earned the profession of "Terror of Elves" and is hereby the unofficial champion of the fort. The dude's got +5 Legendary in Axes and Fighting, and has not been injured once in all his fighting career in the entire four years he's been with the fort. He's all legit, trained by constant sparring and combat against a variety of foes using only his training axe Kedmikstal, and despite the lesser killing power he still kicks ass and chews elf throats, with thirty kills total to his name. Sixteen of which are notable. He's consistently been outnumbered and still kicked their asses. Who says that normal military training is too slow?

Another ascended badass is Astesh Carnagemine the Amazing Act of Helping. She is a corpulent marksdwarf who's grown notorious for stealing her squadmates' kills, usually by shooting the target in the hands or between the eyes when she's especially feeling helpful. Her name and title fit her so much.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28489 on: March 28, 2013, 10:31:33 pm »

While modding in coatings, my dwarves decided coating arrows in dwarven beer would make them more effective. :-\
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28490 on: March 28, 2013, 11:03:02 pm »

Society is collapsing in Bustroared at the moment. All nobles are dead except for the Mayor and a militia captain. Dwarves are throwing tantrums left and right, and berserkers are so common I've stopped sending the militia after them. I've mined out a second catacomb in case the first one fills up, which is looking inevitable.

Speaking of which, I just recently downloaded Dwarf Therapist and it has taught me the wonders of child labor. The kids are now smoothing the catacomb, when not having short breakdowns or going psycho. Also had them engrave a room. Wouldn't be a proper fort without some disturbing engravings, after all.

Hopefully it will end when the last dwarf that isn't a hollow shell snaps and gets a pick to the brain, leaving behind a fortress of happy, productive citizens.
C'est la vie!

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #28491 on: March 28, 2013, 11:41:29 pm »

Lokum Inodtusung cancels sleep: Interrupted by Owl Brute.

Yep, I dug too deep and struck clown. I was not prepared and everyone is in the process of dying horribly as the flood works its way up the vertical shafts. One of the treebeard axelords made it to the rush before his allies, and managed to kill a couple specters of brine with his training axe...before a white demon pushed his upper spine apart through his steel mail and breastplate. Things went downhill from there. Bowdwarves arrived in time to delay some clowns on the stairs, but they're just meatshields. The meleedorfs are taking their sweet time.

I'll probably savescum and set up my planned and untested zombie-fueld clowngrinder of fun so I can be better prepared for the circus, but at the moment I want to see what happens to my poor unprepared fort that is Axehole.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28492 on: March 28, 2013, 11:47:15 pm »

Things got worse at Bustroared.
Not only are the children mining and engraving, they're performing surgery.
I should have mentioned that the majority of the adult population is either babbling, depressed, or dead. The kids now plant the crops, forge weapons, make coffins, and will start brewing once I rebuild the forge.
Also, first image of a dwarf in the fetal position.
Said dwarf is a god.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #28493 on: March 29, 2013, 09:02:21 am »

Just watched a troll corpse get thrown down 30zlvls and explode into gibs that bounced half way back up. Beautiful acceleration.

And seriously this is hilarious.

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28494 on: March 29, 2013, 10:36:11 am »

Update on Bustroared.
Thanks to magic of child labor, the fort has not only survived its tantrum spiral, it's now a barony! My first diplomat arrived today. A statue garden has been mined and smoothed by the children in order to keep the populace sane(r). It has 10 statues, a python, a goblin, and a artifact anthracite bed. Go on kids, have a party. You earned it. 

Eisenritter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28495 on: March 29, 2013, 11:38:55 am »

Finished the airlock for the oubliette, now I need to figure out how to let the diplomats in since the vampire's the mayor now.  Speaking of which, the oubliette is now an Opulent Bedroom with an office and dining room to match.  I have made a statement, and that statement is "Thou shalt not want."  8)

Meanwhile, Operation: Rape the Earth proceeds apace, I've gotten halfway down from the starting level before problems inside the tower distracted me from the channeling outside.  Elves continue to send merchants with full bags despite having the trade depot "mysteriously" disappear every time they finish unpacking.  ;D

Vanreis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28496 on: March 29, 2013, 12:06:03 pm »

After a few fortresses lost to my noobism and lack of knowledge I started a new one and it seems to hold together at the moment.
Just a moment ago I got my first wave of imigrants and I have discovered one of them was a surgeon which made me quite happy. Checking her out I discovered that she had killed something before getting here so I decided to check out what and how many. She actually has 208 kills and a lot of what she killed was giant (giant flying squirrels, giant wombats and such). She also murdered 2 cougars and one black bear. It's kind of interesting to note that none other imigrants have any kills (even her husband) so I'd like to imagine that she pretty much eradicated everything in her way before getting here.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #28497 on: March 29, 2013, 12:13:57 pm »

My Mayor earned her title: The Rainy Swords of Splitting. Yes. So much yes. THE CHIEFTESS OF THE SOCIETY OF BORING IS NO MORE!

Dr_Nocturne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28498 on: March 29, 2013, 12:35:16 pm »

First year at a new fortress. My weaponsmith is stricken by a fey mood and I have steel... So he grabs a bar (I didn't know which but I assumed it was steel) and went to work. After he is finished, I have a war hammer... Made out of pig iron... I am not happy with him but I now have a legendary weaponsmith so I have nothing to complain about...
This won't end well, it never does...
« Reply #28499 on: March 30, 2013, 12:33:24 am »

Just had a mountain titan roll in so I called the alarm and posted the guard at the gates. He flew in and incinerated my livestock pen, which is surrounded by fortifications and has a locked door so the animals don't roam around freely. Well, he managed to have his wings and legs destroyed by a foal so I just posted my archers outside the "fence" and they turned him into a pincushion :D
Pages: 1 ... 1898 1899 [1900] 1901 1902 ... 3842