Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1872 1873 [1874] 1875 1876 ... 3839

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5972438 times)

hanni79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #28095 on: March 04, 2013, 11:00:28 pm »

I didn't know that was possible. What's next, tame demons?

Me neither  8)

I do use the Lazy Newb Pack and have Modified Giant Cave Spiders, but nothing else (didn't dare to do more yet). But I guess it happened "vanilla" as it seems. At least I'm not aware the Newb Pack if it has modified it that way.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #28096 on: March 04, 2013, 11:01:53 pm »

I have NEVER seen that happen before... Until I saw this other thread over in the modding forum

So, to attempt to establish a connection: All you have is the modified GCS? You're absolutely positive your LNP version included no other modifications?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hanni79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28097 on: March 04, 2013, 11:14:09 pm »

I am using Lazy Newb Pack [34.11][V15] and other than the GCS I haven't changed anything. I wanted to make them breed-able and tameable.
That's the creature_subterranean.txt I used

If someone is interested, I could upload the World tomorrow :)

P.S I just noticed that opens the document in plain text, does anyone know how to change th
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 11:30:10 pm by hanni79 »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #28098 on: March 04, 2013, 11:23:30 pm »

Actually you linked to creature_standard.txt. That's pretty interesting, though. I would be interested in getting this save and extracting the raws, to find out just what that beast's raws are, and if there's anything that makes it different form other forgotten beasts in raw terms.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hanni79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28099 on: March 04, 2013, 11:32:33 pm »

D'oh <- That's the right one.

I really shouldn't play till morning :D I'm really sorry for that mess. I also corrected the original Link.

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28100 on: March 05, 2013, 12:20:00 am »

A LOT OF FUN
I just wasted an entire trading option
ACCIDENTALLY
By marking a cedar earring for trade with the elves
I could have gotten weapons, food, all the necessities
Using goods taken from the kobold cave

EDIT: I did thin the kobold herd though, slowly trimming it to below 50
I have to pick and choose which kobolds die, and I feel bad
The two dwarves I have assigned to kill certain kobolds are massacring them
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 12:25:47 am by Ianflow »
And thus, "The running of the goblins" became an annual tradition and the first dwarven contraceptive.
There are no moghoppers. We have always been allies of Oceania, and at war with Eastasia.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28101 on: March 05, 2013, 02:47:03 am »

Re: trading with elves - the moment the elves get annoyed and 'stop trading', you're still in the trading screen and can still 's'eize all the goods you want from there. (And you can still rob them by demolishing the depot or murder them.)

My own fort:
Once again, i gave too many old clothes to the humans. Except this time, it must've been perhaps four or five too many: when the last wagon of the human caravan was four steps from the exit, the dwarf caravan showed up and piled right into it. Gah! Built a secondary depot, cleared a way to it, and once it was sufficiently advanced in building, i forbade the main depot. Got the dwarf caravan unstuck from the unfortunate human wagon and allowed it to leave. Unfortunately, i couldn't get the dwarf caravan to congregate at a single depot, so had to trade in separate sessions on both depots, and _of course_ the goddamn loonies wouldn't clear out the shit they had unloaded (and acquired) in the main depot. Half a dwarf caravan seems to carry something close to a hundred thousand in value.

I did with the unwanted gains what i always do in such cases: build a bridge, designate a garbage dump under it, order all 'stolen' goods dumped there, pull the lever. It took half a year to shift all the junk, but at least the result of the lever pull was very satisfying: my 'imported goods' rating went from 120k to 41k in an instant. Oh, and the emergency depot was demolished as soon as the dwarf caravan was gone.

Bastus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28102 on: March 05, 2013, 04:54:08 am »

Just screwed up the start of my new Fort. I knew that it was cold enough for the brook to freeze so I brought extra Booze. Problem as I play the Masterwork mod I forgot that plants need much longer to grow. As I had no access to soil I had to irrigate a nice patch of stone which took some time. This and 2 very huge first year migration waves helped my booze stockpile to run dry very fast. And just the moment the caravan arrives 4 dwarves die of dehydration. Both of my miners, my Military Dwarf and my best Mason. At least I got a few cheese makers(and other useless stuff) in my last migration waves so I have voluntaries to fill up these positions.

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28103 on: March 05, 2013, 08:40:40 am »

I don't seize goods. I still want to know, will they come back with another caravan or an army?
And thus, "The running of the goblins" became an annual tradition and the first dwarven contraceptive.
There are no moghoppers. We have always been allies of Oceania, and at war with Eastasia.

Giver99

• Bay Watcher
  • self destruct..5..4..3..2..1..Oops
    • View Profile
« Reply #28104 on: March 05, 2013, 10:19:22 am »

If you do it to often they will attack so it is easier to kill them all so they dont tell on you.... 8)
Oop's Wrong Lever!

ramensoup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28105 on: March 05, 2013, 10:22:26 am »

My wonderful Military dwarves have been working so hard lately, combating Goblins and ambushing caravans and then I get my first named weapon.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tradecircles is doing pretty good, everyone gathered around our execution area to see the public execution of a vampire who was responsible for the death of many children.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28106 on: March 05, 2013, 10:28:58 am »

Decided to give Masterwork a run for the hell of it, and am now in a depressing little savage region where the sun shines unpleasantly bright, and giant animals roam free. We've come with the works possessing skills to use their tools as arms, save the expedition leader who calls upon mastiffs and cragtooth boars to fight for him.

Accidently hit the first cavern during initial excavation of the main stairwell, so I'm glad that the locals are largely flightless down there. We've already found raw mithril, galena, and copper in small amounts and during excavation of the food and dining areas and initial apartments, I hope to find some more ores so I can arm my two pikedwarves who are currently working as miners.

The way into the caverns is a straight drop, so all we'd need to do is build a staircase down and instant access is given. However I must get contruction materials so i can button up as needed.

Giver99

• Bay Watcher
  • self destruct..5..4..3..2..1..Oops
    • View Profile
« Reply #28107 on: March 05, 2013, 10:35:42 am »

how do i create Pikes it only lets me make spears????
Oop's Wrong Lever!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28108 on: March 05, 2013, 10:40:11 am »

Masterwork has them as standard for dwarves. Take more bars to make but in my opinion are much better weapons when scaled for dwarves to use them one handed. Otherwise you need to scale them to dwarf size (to a minimum of allowing the average dorf to use it two-handed) and adding them to the entity file. To save on materials and train early you could also copy its raws and change the stats and such accordingly to make training pikes at the carpentry shop.

Shazial

• Bay Watcher
  • *hic*
    • View Profile
« Reply #28109 on: March 05, 2013, 11:11:04 am »

I'm starting a branch fortress, kind of like a back-up or an emergency shelter in case something fun happens and my main fortress gets destroyed. I call it the Eden Project. I'm going to lock assign and lock 12 dwarves, 6 males and 6 females, in there and perform a kind of a social experiment.

That, and I'm trying to come up with plans on how to drain the part of my fortress that I accidentally flooded..

And I'm also soon sending a cat probe to the first cavern I found! Woot!
I'm surrounded by lunatics who don't even need a moon.
Pages: 1 ... 1872 1873 [1874] 1875 1876 ... 3839