Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1813 1814 [1815] 1816 1817 ... 3839

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5972578 times)

Bellairs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #27210 on: January 06, 2013, 05:56:55 pm »

What is she? A human? Elf? Goblin? You can use tweak makeown or maybe fixmigrant to gain control of them though.

Ah ha, you're right, she's a human. I missed the "great ambition" line. However, neither makeown nor fixmigrant appears to resolve it.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27211 on: January 06, 2013, 05:58:47 pm »

try dfusion's friendship plug-in then. That should do it.

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27212 on: January 06, 2013, 07:25:29 pm »

I learned hammerers can get legendary titles from killing enough dwarves...the fort turns 22 years old this season.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

Bellairs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27213 on: January 06, 2013, 07:53:28 pm »

try dfusion's friendship plug-in then. That should do it.

It did make her a citizen, but she's still not assignable; I retried fixmigrant and makeown as well but no joy.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27214 on: January 06, 2013, 08:04:16 pm »

She'll have to make a masterpiece thingy or mood (humans can and will mood when dwarven citizens.) Could try making sure that all the others in the fort have thier own rooms with her bedroom set up at least.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #27215 on: January 06, 2013, 08:45:09 pm »

She'll have to make a masterpiece thingy or mood (humans can and will mood when dwarven citizens.) Could try making sure that all the others in the fort have thier own rooms with her bedroom set up at least.
Really? Making a masterpiece will fix the problem? Or did you man an artifact?
Because I want to do this with my goblin king. Yeah, my civ is ruled by a goblin.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27216 on: January 06, 2013, 09:34:36 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kobold thief ran into my giant black mamba guards. They are only babies for now, but damn are they effective. The kobold got injected 4 times, and I'm waiting to see how long it takes for him to suffocate.

EDIT: Not long. Unpaused and saw he was dead.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27217 on: January 06, 2013, 10:07:43 pm »

If only you could them your Mambas theives, or can you?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #27218 on: January 07, 2013, 04:51:41 am »

Yet another dumbass miner channeled out the stairway he was standing on, sending him down into the caverns below. Miraculously, this time it was both a short fall and nowhere near any source of water. He is completely unharmed. But you just know that if there was water within 15 tiles in any direction, he'd teleport right on over there, fall from the ceiling and break a leg, pass out, and drown, and if the fall was one story instead of two stories, he'd somehow land on his head, smashing the skull through the brain and tearing the brain. I don't see how they even NEED a brain to live, anyway. They certainly don't use it, the bloody stupid dorfs.

It's good, though, that he's down in the caverns, perfectly isolated and incapable of posing a threat to the rest of the populace. I'll have him do some leg work on setting up the magma forges whilst the rest of the miners work on the other industrial sectors/housing. Maybe have him wall off a suitable work area.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27219 on: January 07, 2013, 05:35:46 am »

I don't see how they even NEED a brain to live, anyway. They certainly don't use it, the bloody stupid dorfs.

While common opinion on the behavior of dwarves would seem to indicate a lack of thought in regards to personal safety, the brain is nonetheless an important organ for the processing of alcohol. Damage to this organ is therefore usually fatal, as the ability to enjoy the brewers arts is forever impaired. Likewise damage to the heart is similarly fatal, the organ required for circulation of high proof blood products within the organism. Body fat, however, with its ability to absorb part of the effects of alcohol and thus reduce the potency, can often be safely burned from the body with little ill effect.

Current fort status: Second layer breached, walling shaft off and moving to third. Magma sea will be pumped to surface an a magnificent stack of clear glass pumps.

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27220 on: January 07, 2013, 09:24:51 am »

Currently trying to up coffin production at my reclaim site.  My fortress is infested with ghosts.

The tantrums have eased up a bit.  I need to move the drowning trap lever to another room, where it is less likely to be pulled.

Time to dig to the magma as well.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
The great Dwarfen Philosopher Urist McConfused said it best:  "Light a kitten on fire and it will run screaming into the booze stockpile and catch the whole fort up.  I know, we tested it in twelve different forts and it always happened."

moki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27221 on: January 07, 2013, 10:52:31 am »

Urist McLegendaryCrafter has been found, drained of all blood. Yay, I got my first vampire! No idea who it is, though... ::)

I strongly suspect one of the miners, since the attacks only started after the last migration wave and all the others from that wave have very low skills and few relationships. I really don't want to lose any more skilled workers. Calling in Urist McHolmes it is then.
But my good sir, the second death was for Dwarven Science!

Eggman360

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Green Gel Mod
« Reply #27222 on: January 07, 2013, 11:14:51 am »

I've just embarked in a haunted biome and butchered the pack animals, in this case two horses, I was attacked by their skin, which I'd seen before and expected, but once they were put down and tanned to death, I proceeded to sheer my sheep, only to be attacked by the risen wool xD which I'd never experienced before. My squad are currently making their way sort them out, I see a very itchy fight brewing....
Must be worse than wooly underwear!

Your telling me!

"Ach! Me Beards Al' Itchee!"

"Die Fuzzy Undead Inanimate Object! DIE!!"
Victory Smells So Sweet...It smells like Green Gel and Plump Helmets Mixed Together....

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27223 on: January 07, 2013, 02:49:59 pm »

I'm debating adding the [TRAINABLE] tag to my giant black mambas... Since I've already done a little editing of the raws to allow breeding them, as well as dragons and rocs (for teh lulz) I see that as a minor addition. Plus I imagine a swarm of giant war black mambas following my milita, and paralyzing/crippling enemies with their bites... And can't resist.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #27224 on: January 07, 2013, 03:30:23 pm »

My mayor, the expedition leader from the starting seven, is missing. I don't know what happened to her, except taht her bio, as viewed through her friends list, says she was dehydrated. I'm guessing she got trapped somewhere, but I can't find the location.

Bob, that bloody idiot I left in the caverns, got eaten by an FB because he dropped his pick. A towering eyeless sloth with deadly blood, so it's not like making the thing bleed would have extended his life by a whole lot.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 1813 1814 [1815] 1816 1817 ... 3839