Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1749 1750 [1751] 1752 1753 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6125445 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #26250 on: October 23, 2012, 04:53:30 pm »

Not one that will send out attacks or otherwise be recognized as a necromancer tower by the game. The loonsperfectly normal players in the DFhack thread on the modding board might have a way to flag a site as a tower or something, maybe.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26251 on: October 23, 2012, 10:31:01 pm »

My King, erm.. Queen has arrived! I doubt she'll last very long, because she's already 148 years old.
I am quite pleased with her entourage though. She brought 2 legendary swordsdwarves, a legendary axedwarf and a legendary macedwarf.
Let's hope none of them are vampires.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26252 on: October 23, 2012, 10:34:42 pm »

I just realized my civ, while small, is not above lolstomping others. My monarch is a satyr and I think the druid and princess are antmen. The only one of the civ's chain of command who is an elf is appearently the druid, who found an axe, and went to town with the fucking thing, because he's an axelord. Elves can't make proper axes.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26253 on: October 23, 2012, 10:46:40 pm »

My manager just threw a party at my fort's single party room. Unfortunatly, the host himself couldn't attend his own party, him being chained in a jail for another 20 days, for violating an export ban.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26254 on: October 23, 2012, 11:04:42 pm »

Welp, just processed all my strong little pines: Pine seems to be my main  building material now. I also realized I'm going to need to wait until a nonelven caravan comes so I can get a lump of rock to make a quern or a mill to properly make use of my whipvines. Also sealed the cave a log until further notice.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #26255 on: October 23, 2012, 11:40:27 pm »

My baron is unhappy because his friends have bedrooms way too cool for their rank in society.

I'm also being visited by a diplomat form the Paklara nation; A humanoid lizard composed of flame who squirms and fidgets. I'm kinda concerned he will set my fortress on fire just by standing there, but I can't exactly do anything about it...OH DEAR GOD he's setting the lawn on fire on his way over! Seal the gates!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26256 on: October 23, 2012, 11:54:28 pm »

A good thing about elves: Having 257 years under your belt is a good reason to be an almost omnidisciplinary medical practitionor. AKA An elf migrated in with adequate diagnostics and surgry, talented bandaging and nocive bone fixing. Guess who's gonna learn the fine art of sewing teeth marks and lacerations shut?

Adventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26257 on: October 24, 2012, 12:51:34 am »

I've just finished the basic layout for my royal floor. As if by appointment, the option 'becoming the capital' has just popped up in my (n)obility menu.
I hope the King will like his floor. It already has an artefact statue in place of him being crowned.

It's beautiful  :'(

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26258 on: October 24, 2012, 05:04:48 am »

My King, erm.. Queen has arrived! I doubt she'll last very long, because she's already 148 years old.
I am quite pleased with her entourage though. She brought 2 legendary swordsdwarves, a legendary axedwarf and a legendary macedwarf.
Let's hope none of them are vampires.

I find it interesting that you're worried about the entourage, but seem completely willing to accept her at face value...  You're that comfortable that she's not a vamp then?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26259 on: October 24, 2012, 05:07:21 am »

With none of them, I meant including the Queen and her consort. Although I've never seen a married vampire yet.
In fact, with immigration waves, married couples, that actually brought their partner with them, are accepted immediatly, while singles, and married dwarves that do not have their partner present, go into the quarantaine room, until a thirst or hunger arrow tells me they're mortal.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26260 on: October 24, 2012, 05:55:14 am »

Aren't vampire monarchs immediately recognizable by the title "Vampire Monarch"?

Iceflame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26261 on: October 24, 2012, 05:59:09 am »

With none of them, I meant including the Queen and her consort. Although I've never seen a married vampire yet.
In fact, with immigration waves, married couples, that actually brought their partner with them, are accepted immediatly, while singles, and married dwarves that do not have their partner present, go into the quarantaine room, until a thirst or hunger arrow tells me they're mortal.
You can speed up the selection process by filling the quarantine room with water.
Anyone who does not drown is not mortal.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26262 on: October 24, 2012, 08:01:09 am »

You can speed up the selection process by filling the quarantine room with water.
Anyone who does not drown is not mortal.

You can also break their necks and see if they survive. Of course with the trial by water you can drain the chamber after checking who isn't drowning and let everybody live.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #26263 on: October 24, 2012, 08:27:03 am »

MurderedRoof just got done trading w/ the first dorf caravan. We managed to sell some silk shoes our crafter scrounged up from the spider webs lying around for a cat in a cage and some plump helmet spawn.

The cat'll be nice for adding some comfort to the fort and killing the evil unnatural vermin trying to get into the food stockpiles. The helmet spawn will be nice for hopefully growing some more plump helmets.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Iceflame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26264 on: October 24, 2012, 09:37:22 am »

You can also break their necks and see if they survive. Of course with the trial by water you can drain the chamber after checking who isn't drowning and let everybody live.
Sure, I may even use an atom smasher. But that would most likely kill all of them.
The main purpose of a chamber like that is to separate vampires from normal dwarfs.
Just like witch detection methods in the good old days. And it seems like they worked, or do you see any witch around here?
Pages: 1 ... 1749 1750 [1751] 1752 1753 ... 3842