Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1744 1745 [1746] 1747 1748 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6125802 times)

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #26175 on: October 19, 2012, 06:32:18 am »

Got a Savannah Titan.
Three dwarves (recruits) dead, two caged.
How can I uncage them?
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26176 on: October 19, 2012, 09:35:56 am »

Got a Savannah Titan.
Three dwarves (recruits) dead, two caged.
How can I uncage them?
If they won't release them on their own just build the cages connect them to a lever and pull the lever.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26177 on: October 19, 2012, 12:01:52 pm »

On a whim, I decided to do some more work on the months-abandoned Pokemon mod I was doing. Managed to fix Eevee up(was a nightmare to handle several sets of tissue). Got Omastar working, and set two of them in a battle against an alpaca.

I took the following screenshot of the resulting blood splatter:

It's a smiley face! ...Or a penis. I'm not sure which.

(the two yellow things are the dead alpaca and dead Omastar, which I butchered to make sure it butchered properly, the "o" is the surviving Omastar)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26178 on: October 19, 2012, 12:28:46 pm »

My spearbolds took a plung down below and discovered a small colony of mole dogs, possibly the proginitor of the one that has taken up residence in our cave. I wonder if the bolds will name it? I've named the recent migration wave which included a swordbold and a peasent. I need to select the hardiest of the group to send to the training grounds so they can join the other spearbolds. I also need to find candidates for a club squad. Food is fine for now, with our herbalist Silkrose gathering plants to brew for more drink, though we have a river. Kangaroos have made themselves known and we have a tiny herd of two elk birds grazing happily under our tamer Kreia's watchful eyes.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26179 on: October 19, 2012, 12:56:58 pm »

My entrance is a sword. Your argument is invalid.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26180 on: October 19, 2012, 12:58:18 pm »

You should make the blade out of candy or steel.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #26181 on: October 19, 2012, 01:23:33 pm »

A FB managed to swim up my well and into my meeting hall. No casualties, but now everyone is covered in FB dust that, so far, only causes massive blistering.

Meanwhile, managed to wall my vampire in a 2x1 room.
Is it systemic or focused only on the places the dust touched? If it's in their eyes they'll be blinded and things they make lose all quality modifiers, if it spreads to the upper spine or lungs they'll suffocate, if it gets bad enough to impede mobility you may get job cancellation spam. Fuck blisters.
Only where it touched them, in this case the skin. For now anyway.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26182 on: October 19, 2012, 01:37:46 pm »

Only where it touched them, in this case the skin. For now anyway.
Absolute worst case scenario is necrosis probably not fatal. Get rid of the dust to prevent work stoppages and watch out for any dwarves suddenly suffocating.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26183 on: October 19, 2012, 03:46:10 pm »

A goose just swooped down and bit off a babies head then ran into a cage trap. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with it but it has to be awesome.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 04:37:23 pm by Broseph Stalin »

Don Blake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26184 on: October 19, 2012, 04:35:50 pm »

How best to cheer up a child who's upset that you starved his parents to death for being 'likely to waste resources' you ask?  Erect a masterful statue of a shrieking hag in his bedroom.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26185 on: October 19, 2012, 06:55:18 pm »

The ocean thawed.  Shit, the fort is flooding from the waves!!  Quick, emergency deployment of masons and wave breakers!  Also my fisherman has decided it's a great time to collect the fish flopping into the fort, apparently - seafood is appearing in the stockpiles.  For lulz I have decided that my merchant access shall go out over the sea.  I can mentally envision we're running a port.

This would be going a lot more smoothly if it weren't for the zombie Giant Thrips hanging out.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26186 on: October 19, 2012, 06:57:00 pm »

A giant skunk has met with my Battleminers. It ended poorly for said giant skunk and it shall be used for making soap.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #26187 on: October 19, 2012, 07:06:56 pm »

Skyseals has run out of food. All we have are Fish and water. Is not good. Fortunately, the fishermen have been unusually useful, so is not tragedy. Farms are up, so hopefully our problems in this are will soon be over.

Migrants, many useless. Many pressers. A few are military, odd considering that the civ has never gone to war. Fort has yet to produce anything of value, so only a few, brining total up to 22 over 2 waves. NMigrants brought animals, so now we have cats and dogs. Is good. It is now Mid-Autumn.

Damn IT! Exact same composition of wild animals as last fort. Well, other then the Crows and Emus. Never had them before. And the Lovebirds. God I hate birds.  So much harder to kill them. Military Dwarves try to follow, but rivers block them

Starting to get furnishings up. Beds are getting made, being placed. Dining room and food stockpile dug-out. Actually, most of everything has been dug out.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 09:32:12 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26188 on: October 19, 2012, 08:23:49 pm »

Success!  With the building of some walls the entrance has stopped flooding.  Just in case I've built a drainage system to the edge of the map though.  It still lets wave mist through though, so anyone who goes topside gets nice misty thoughts.

Migrants!  The first wave has arrived.  One of the married couples is...interesting.  They're related - aunt and nephew, respectively.  Apparently incest is a-ok in worldgen.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #26189 on: October 19, 2012, 09:23:59 pm »

Does DF register in-laws as aunts and uncles?

That might be the case.

Is the aunt a sibling with the nephew's father/mother or not?
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.
Pages: 1 ... 1744 1745 [1746] 1747 1748 ... 3842