Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1700 1701 [1702] 1703 1704 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6128863 times)

thrush_titan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #25515 on: September 14, 2012, 10:03:43 pm »

27th Moonstone, 414:

The first baby born in Fotthoronol (who survived childhood) has grown up.

I immediately assigned him to my elite (and high turnover) pickdorf squad.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25516 on: September 14, 2012, 10:10:18 pm »

Human settlement fired up, successful trading donw with the dorfs, and the nobility and mayor have thier digs sorted out. Magma works finally going up, the river is being walled off, and the two small milita forces are training diligently.

I also need more jugs as I have accidently outproduced my capacity to consume the hive products.

fourpotatoes

• Bay Watcher
  • N DSD & Sw
    • View Profile
« Reply #25517 on: September 14, 2012, 10:28:47 pm »

The dumbest baby-snatcher in Godlycooked's recent memory just attacked one of my haulers while he was helping clean up after another skirmish. The entire militia, with the exception of my militarized medics, had station orders in the general area: ranged troops were all around and Gleam Joybeloved (w1b BEASTMASTER) was standing one tile away armed with an exceptional rapier.

When the hail of bolts cleared and the stabbing ended, teeth were everywhere. At least most of them are already on the refuse pile.

Spoiler: Illustration (click to show/hide)

Moments later, another snatcher appeared. This one was a little bit smarter, getting closer to the entrance, but a passing smith broke his leg with a magically-conjured spike of ice, and as he tried to flee, Dale Singray (Fp soldier, one of the starting seven) shot him in the head with a bone bolt.

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25518 on: September 14, 2012, 10:41:58 pm »

Just got a wave of 13 migrants. Only 4 adults.

My mason better get that bridge over the deathpit up soon.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25519 on: September 14, 2012, 10:47:10 pm »

8 is the cut off. 8 and up get to live, because 4 years of screwing off before having to get a job or join the army is reasonable. The rest.... Well there's a very fine lever there... (Says the softie who tries to save as many lives as he can.)

Goblins have come to trade, and since I neglected to up the population limit, I'm hoping the rediculous trading I've been doing will draw some in (There sure as shit is still a population based off the fact I'm getting liasons and the caravans have grown so large.) Goblins came with 8 pack critters in two, so they must like me. The temple to Thomo Wavesoaked is nearing completion, with only the statuary and pews needing to be installed and then water to fill the area around it filled. I'm thinking iron for that statue...

fourpotatoes

• Bay Watcher
  • N DSD & Sw
    • View Profile
« Reply #25520 on: September 15, 2012, 03:04:03 am »

I seem to have accidentally robbed my home civilization's caravan.

They arrived while another caravan was leaving, and a third caravan came in behind them. I know some of them reached the depot, but when my broker arrived they were still unpacking. She went off to drink, and by the time I got her back there, only one civilization was in the depot and my civ's merchants were leaving, far ahead of schedule and without any messages about it. I suspect the premature departure was the result of either a traffic jam or buggy pathing by fliers stopping part of their party from reaching the depot.

As they approached the edge of the map, their wagons got stuck. They've started scuttling wagons in an attempt to get them free. On the one hand, the very first wagon scuttled was full of the flux stone and metal bars I'd requested, but on the other hand next year's caravan will be smaller and I wasn't able to sell off my worn clothing or make an offering to attract the ruler and become the capitol.

darkgloomie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25521 on: September 15, 2012, 03:51:57 am »

Trying to get some goblinite from caged enemies, and...

fucking hell. Where did that caged goblin maceman go? Do cages sprout legs now and take strolls aroudn the map?

*grumbles*

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25522 on: September 15, 2012, 04:07:20 am »

fucking hell. Where did that caged goblin maceman go? Do cages sprout legs now and take strolls aroudn the map?

*grumbles*

I had that once. Goblin master lasher got out somehow. Caused goddamn chaos. Find him quick or you'll have smashed babies.

Or don't find him quick, I guess.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

darkgloomie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25523 on: September 15, 2012, 04:34:44 am »

*grumbles*

I had that once. Goblin master lasher got out somehow. Caused goddamn chaos. Find him quick or you'll have smashed babies.

Or don't find him quick, I guess.
nah, he's still in the cage. Just couldn't find him. Now I see they've dumped him near the corpse stockpile.

Real classy, Urist. Reeal classy.

Still can't get him to drop his weapon and armor.

Ninjamestari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25524 on: September 15, 2012, 08:57:04 am »

Nothing special, just building my first fort with an above ground "castle". Everything important is underground but the entrance is surrounded by a walled courtyard and archery towers and melee barracks. Currently drafting my first archers and making lots of copper bolts. Also have a couple legendary sworddwarves in full copper / iron, they've trained constantly since embark. Looking forward to first goblin sieges. The map has no iron in it so my melee are poorly armored until I get some goblinite and trade.

person012345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25525 on: September 15, 2012, 11:03:41 am »

The what now?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #25526 on: September 15, 2012, 03:01:13 pm »

So I checked the legends on my necrosiege, couldn't be happier on how the Dwarves decided to record it.

Bronzefriends was captured and fed to the giant desert scorpion the elves saw fit to offer the last time they showed up, as a farewell gift.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25527 on: September 15, 2012, 06:47:10 pm »

Finally got migrants. After upping the population limit. I felt unimaginably stupid right there...

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25528 on: September 15, 2012, 09:53:43 pm »

PLaYING Drunk Fortress.

Mirgrants.  Now have 12 people in reclaim.  Ghost tore off miogrant's hand.  Dwarvf caravan.  Finding caverns.

Langolier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25529 on: September 15, 2012, 10:36:59 pm »

One of my Dwarves was walking around, and blood started coming out of him everywhere. He went to the booze stockpile and there was just blood all over the place. Dwarves were dying from it. He tried to go swimming, and all the carp went nuts and bit into everybody. He got chased by all the vampire mayors ever. I decided to send him into the magma so he would stop getting blood everywhere. The strangest part is that this Dwarf was YOU. (Or he was an elf if you're an elf) And you forgot that this happened.
Pages: 1 ... 1700 1701 [1702] 1703 1704 ... 3842