Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1666 1667 [1668] 1669 1670 ... 3839

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5972215 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #25005 on: August 19, 2012, 02:18:25 am »

The clown car rush of shadow devils have been crushed to paste. And then had the remains atomsmashed. My champion now leads he forces downward, where a great Iron and stone palace shall be built.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #25006 on: August 19, 2012, 03:38:52 am »

The Chief Medical Dwarf is hauling a man to the hospital, regardless of the fact he has no injuries whatsoever or any scheduled medical procedures, including diagnosis.

The doctor is kidnapping people.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Pukako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25007 on: August 19, 2012, 04:14:28 am »

Axegranite, colonised by the Merchants of Disembowelling.

92 dwarves, 20-odd babies, as a rush of births started with the walking dead - and a child prodigy I'd chained to a forge somehow produced a legendary iron shied called The Feral Violator during the zombie excitement.

Except for one hammerdwarf who decided to take on the whole horde himself, it was stressfree, but somehow a baby got into the training room and ended up skewered.

Now I've managed to get all the bridges activated by one lever and it's flying limbs and guts everywhere outside. May have to work on the MAGMA solution - Burn the World...

Because DF players are heavily into pain.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25008 on: August 19, 2012, 09:12:58 am »

well small lepord gecko people invasion.... nothing the millita can't deal with.

well a cloud of profane ash... what does that do?
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #25009 on: August 19, 2012, 09:51:02 am »

The Chief Medical Dwarf is hauling a man to the hospital, regardless of the fact he has no injuries whatsoever or any scheduled medical procedures, including diagnosis.

Sounds like Dr. House.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #25010 on: August 19, 2012, 09:51:42 am »

Sounds like Dr. House.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

angrysully

« Reply #25011 on: August 19, 2012, 11:05:55 am »

Did what was probably a bad idea and tried digging out a huge fort before allowing dwarves inside it.  Got ambushed by two different groups and got about half of my 45 dwarves wiped out.  Also does the honey industry work or is it still buggy?

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25012 on: August 19, 2012, 11:12:37 am »

All non-essential labors have been halted, in order to get the new workshop area organized and all goods piled up. Since the surface is STILL covered in random parts of the last year's worth of trade caravans, and parts keep getting back up and attacking anything that moves, we have nothing better to do but hide out and play with minecarts all day.

A trap corridor is also being prepared, since goblin ambushes keep running into zombies, dying, and adding to the numbers of the undead army on the surface. A few pressure plates, floor hatches, weapon traps, and upright weapons waiting at the bottom of the pits under the hatches for the unlucky who manage to fall in.

((Making use of http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=114602.0 to make everything pretty. Thanks to Hydnis for such a great layout... not copying it exactly, but using the ideas there to learn minecart usage and hauling routes... pretty freakin' sweet!))

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25013 on: August 19, 2012, 11:30:30 am »

Decided to give masterwork another try. Though I absolutly hate using graphcs and can't seem to get them to change to the basic, they at least don't look too much like little color splotches anymore.

Anyway, I embarked upon a volcano was graced, upon consulting good ol' reveal, with numerous small titanium deposits, chromite, shitloads of tetrahedrite and galena, graphite, rocksalt, sphalerite, marble, and hematite viens further down, and numerous small supply chaches of sorts. Must've been some kind of settlement here for so much to be left.

I can finally make the giant green glass fortress I've always wanted!

Oh and there are firebrids running around here, and a dust storm blew in.

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25014 on: August 19, 2012, 12:16:04 pm »

RabbitHut, the Creepy Murky Shelter (founded by MeltedPants, the Secret-Steel)
First Previous Next

Journal of Kotonoa, 6th Granite yr.451
Our journey to uncover the secret of "Bottomless Steel Bottoms" led us here. We were told to flee from the rain clouds, but we're more concerned about the walking dead right now. I think a Giant Mosquito Corpse have followed us here. Still, we managed to toss a roof over our wagon without much trouble. We got the livestock and some supplies underground, but our food, booze, and anvil are still buried in the wagon somewhere.

Spoiler: Site Overview (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Hut (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Fort (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 04:19:54 pm by ZzarkLinux »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25015 on: August 19, 2012, 12:55:44 pm »

migrants have come, and at a good time too. Since we've no need for a siege engineer or wax worker, I've put them to work making blocks from stone and running our lone smelter respectivly, while our founding metalsmith makes some copper weapons, as between the one founding swordsdorf and the migrants I have:

A hammerdorf
A Pikedorf
two swordsdorfs
A marksdorf
A knife fighter

As I left a single vampiric curse, I need to be wary, and check up in a week, maybe two, for anyone who hasn't seemed to have slept.

Wildlife around Hexwebbed, includes:
Cyotes
harpies (why I have no idea, this isn't an evil region)
firebirds
fire elementals
Magma crabs
hawks
And belligerant angry- Oh those are dorfs. Nevermind that last one.

Glass production is going well. Honestly the sole reasoning for the stone blocks is to floor over the caldera as needed, and to m make use of the stone coming out of the mini mountain peak my miners are channeling away to make a mostly flat plain.

I have high hopes for the firebirds and cyotes out here. And I also lucked out with my draft critters being a pair of barded stallions (Barding is fancy talk for horse armor) so if something picks a fight with them they have a good chance of messing some shit up.

Welcome to Hexwebbed bitches! HOPE YOU LIKE CYOTES AND SANDSTORMS.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25016 on: August 19, 2012, 02:55:38 pm »

harpies (why I have no idea, this isn't an evil region)

Masterwork Harpies appear outside of evil regions.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #25017 on: August 19, 2012, 03:04:09 pm »

☼harpies☼ you say? I suppose they'd make excellent additions to the zoo. No idea why dwarves love such things so much. Hairy little pervs, I tell ya.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #25018 on: August 19, 2012, 03:31:30 pm »

It appears that my starting 7 sword dorf has her left thumb broken and smashed open. How would I go about getting her to the hospital to prevent her from dieing of infection?
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25019 on: August 19, 2012, 03:39:34 pm »

Just make a hospital zone over a bed, and be sure you have gypsum powder, cloth, thread, and a bucket with water. Should be all you need.

So, a dwarf merchant guard accidentally died in a drawbridge accident. Since there is no corpse, I have to engrave a slab. I can't engrave a slab, because his name doesn't appear in the list of engravable names.... so now there's a restless haunt following my dwarves around, and I can't be rid of it.
Pages: 1 ... 1666 1667 [1668] 1669 1670 ... 3839