Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1648 1649 [1650] 1651 1652 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6122479 times)

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #24735 on: August 11, 2012, 12:53:12 am »

Golud the Spongy Pig. Best god ever.
Imagine his followers trying to convert people. "Hi, we would like to tell you about Golud the Spongy Pig..." *cue uncontrollable giggling*

Recently at Muterock:
Cave crocodile has reverted to wild state! (it was at the pasture in front of main gate -ed.)
Fun ensues!
It is raining putrid goo! (so, basically, Tuesday... -ed.)

Also, coming back to haunt the living gets you murdered. Again.

...dafuq? The ghost-murderer left the butcher shop he claimed without making anything and is waddling in the goo outside, apparently still in a fell mood. The butcher shop became unclaimed though. ???
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 01:17:38 am by Sus »
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24736 on: August 11, 2012, 01:23:58 am »

@ Hanslanda - Go with Joinedspider. That sounds good.

@ Madoc - Still the most bitchin' gauntlet ever.

Got Warspiders after I 'r'd enough. I kept it. Sometimes the RNG just knows.

@Sus: I lol'd and that is awesome.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24737 on: August 11, 2012, 01:33:50 am »

And so Hans returns! We're still sitting there discussing random shit if you care to join us.

So I plan to embark in an evil forest, as I have modded phantom spider silk to be very valuable (that means no cats, they'll kill the damn spiders) We'll see how long I last as humans.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24738 on: August 11, 2012, 02:13:35 am »

I started a fort with undead camels nearby. I had two soldiers ready for a situation like this, but eventually one of them got brained and zombified, and proceeded to murder everyone else. All this happened before the end of granite. Gonna have another go at it soon.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24739 on: August 11, 2012, 05:35:41 am »

Five-Squad gobbo siege. All fucking crossbowgobs. ALL RIDING FUCKING JABBERERS.

Gonna be a long siege.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Stuball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24740 on: August 11, 2012, 11:03:14 am »

Well, I just realised that children can get strange moods, I've now got a fat dwarven girl who "appreciates natural beauty" currently in the process of violently contorting the bones of a yak and a puppy into some form of jewellery. Somehow this is a freakier mental image that a dwarven man doing the same thing.

Stuball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24741 on: August 11, 2012, 11:52:00 am »

Oh, what the actual fuck.

First migrant wave - five. Nice easy start.

Second migrant wave - seven. Ok, that's fine.

Third migrant wave - sixty. Fuckin' 60, of which, the majority are children or useless. Gah.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24742 on: August 11, 2012, 11:59:21 am »

Third migrant wave - sixty. Fuckin' 60, of which, the majority are children or useless. Gah.

Jesus christ. Well, at least you've got some cannon fodder raw recruits.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Spell

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24743 on: August 11, 2012, 12:42:18 pm »

Oh, six gobbos are waiting in front of a raised bridge? Lets quickly atom smash them! *bridge deconstructs* WHAT? FFFFUUUUU! "Your strength has been broken."

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24744 on: August 11, 2012, 01:30:37 pm »

Yeah after my first 50+ migrant wave, I've become a firm believer in manipulating the pop cap as I go along.  You'll still get big groups sometimes, but at least you can be ready for them.

crazyjake56

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24745 on: August 11, 2012, 02:49:02 pm »

We're on a vampire hunt, and don't think we don't know how to weeeed 'em out!

Argus_Mccray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24746 on: August 11, 2012, 03:03:23 pm »

I'm currently re-enacting my favorite scene from the game Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtIOphn53k4

I'm using goblins and obsidian entombment to build the Pillar of Flesh.

"I am the Scourge of Armok, appointed to chastise you since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity except me. You are wicked, but I am more wicked... SO BE SILENT!"

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #24747 on: August 11, 2012, 08:45:24 pm »

Well, I just realised that children can get strange moods, I've now got a fat dwarven girl who "appreciates natural beauty" currently in the process of violently contorting the bones of a yak and a puppy into some form of jewellery. Somehow this is a freakier mental image that a dwarven man doing the same thing.

I've had a one-year old and his three year-old sister both have moods and children are always either bone carvers or stone crafters.  Both of mine became Legendary in their chosen craft.  On the plus side, the C2H5OH burners do not seem to experience skill rust.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

angrysully

« Reply #24748 on: August 11, 2012, 08:56:09 pm »

I wonder if it would be possible to have a gigantic city put on one level and have everyone travel by rail cart (subway) and have stations for people to board and exit at.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #24749 on: August 11, 2012, 09:07:37 pm »

I wonder if it would be possible to have a gigantic city put on one level and have everyone travel by rail cart (subway) and have stations for people to board and exit at.
I'm planning something similar, a long, but thin embark with two ouposts, connected by rail.

I decided to create a nature preserve, and I looked over at my captured animals. Nothing, NOTHING, but bird people. Except for one, lone, louse woman. So, to get rid of all of them, I've decided to set all of them free at once, from the same cage, in front of my dogs. This will be interesting.

EDIT: Curse you ELVES!!! I set up a nice number of ruined clothes and random trade goods, get a decent number of animals from them, and right as stuff is moving along, I get "waa, you killed a tree". I look over, and notice a few wood decorations, interesting as I don't do that. I try again, and get angreir response. Fuck them, i say, and size their stuff. Anyway, I've decided to release the birds right as the elves go passed. Will enjoy this immensely.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 10:35:58 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 1648 1649 [1650] 1651 1652 ... 3842