Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1645 1646 [1647] 1648 1649 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6122093 times)

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #24690 on: August 09, 2012, 07:00:39 pm »

Over in Horrorweathered, the savage scorching rocky wasteland fortress of 15 dwarves and 30 cage traps, I've captured a wild troll. Advice on what to do with it?

Train it for war.

That's what I'm going to do with the GCS and GDS. Trolls are untrainable.

Also, Splint: sadly, I lack marksdwarves.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24691 on: August 09, 2012, 07:01:35 pm »

Make some cheap bolts and bows and some quivers. No-one said they had to be pretrained.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24692 on: August 09, 2012, 07:02:05 pm »

No, train it for war using a dangeroom. Then unleash the god of all trolls on the next goblin siege.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24693 on: August 09, 2012, 07:04:38 pm »

What I mean by that is that I am in the alien situation of having zero expendable dwarves. Everyone who could hold a crossbow is instead doing something vital to fortress security, like making beer or cages.

Also, corai: that is a good idea, if I can keep it from horrifically backfiring.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24694 on: August 09, 2012, 07:08:08 pm »

I don't think they'll pick a fight with wildlife unless the wild life picks a fight with them.

And no-one said they had to be expendable either. two dwarves can pincushion it and then go back to work. Problem solved.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24695 on: August 09, 2012, 07:08:53 pm »

What I mean by that is that I am in the alien situation of having zero expendable dwarves. Everyone who could hold a crossbow is instead doing something vital to fortress security, like making beer or cages.

Also, corai: that is a good idea, if I can keep it from horrifically backfiring.

Prevent it from horribly backfiring? Elf!

Shininglight

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi There
    • View Profile
« Reply #24696 on: August 09, 2012, 07:28:01 pm »

Starting a seaside fort, have the farms, initial dorm, and first office as well as my mason and carpenter shop levels du out and filled, just got my first migrant wave, i browse the people and what do i see? A LEGENDARY METALCRAFTER. IN THE FIRST MIG WAVE!!
tl;dr: My fortress is literally powered by puppy skulls.

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24697 on: August 09, 2012, 07:30:23 pm »

I've been getting quite a few useful legendary/near legendary migrates recently across multiple worlds.

Shininglight

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi There
    • View Profile
« Reply #24698 on: August 09, 2012, 07:41:47 pm »

I also just discovered a new useful dwarf, a giant hornet snuck into my fortress and was subsquently torn apart and beaten to death by an adept wrestler/fighter i hadn't noticed and recruited yet. He killed it by uppercutting it so hard it's brain was damaged.... He's also a butcher and he's currently butchering the hornets body.

Edit: Good ARMOK! Nightmares and a Nightstallion just murdered all but my two miners in under 30 seconds...... Well at least my fortress'll get dug out before the migrants i pray are coming show up and replenish my losses.

Edit Edit: The female of the two miners appears to have somehow exploded in one of my tunnels, spraying blood everywhere, now the only one left is tantruming and attacking my dogs.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 08:39:59 pm by Shininglight »
tl;dr: My fortress is literally powered by puppy skulls.

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24699 on: August 09, 2012, 08:45:15 pm »

I just caught a Giant Olm!

Yaay!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #24700 on: August 09, 2012, 08:54:14 pm »

My bear breeding program is getting off the ground, the elven bastards have finally decided to bring me a mate for my bear. Up ntil now, I had a grizzly, and a black bear, but thats not enough for children.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24701 on: August 09, 2012, 08:56:12 pm »

In real life, the viability of bear hybrids largely depends on which species is which parent.

And now you know.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24702 on: August 09, 2012, 10:49:14 pm »

Glacialhell seems to be in the path of the biseasonal elk bird migration route.we have a tone of the damned things now so I may need to start slaughtering the less impressive specimens. My Legendary tanner lost her artefact (The idiot assigned to carry it in combat left it outside and a kobold swiped it) but she doesn't seem to give a shit. She also turned a troll's head into a blood fountain that painted all the tiles around the body cyan with her dual maces.

We have a nice and cozy icehut for the naked mold dogs to breed in too and a growing pile of dead things out front. Also it seems our windmill froze and is useless out here. Going to need alternate mill-power.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24703 on: August 09, 2012, 10:50:33 pm »

(The idiot assigned to carry it in combat left it outside and a kobold swiped it)

I do enjoy my artifacts...
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #24704 on: August 09, 2012, 10:52:36 pm »

Well, operation T-Virus has been put on hold after I ran out of kobolds to test it on. They died ebfore I could see which syndrome killed them first. :(

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.
Pages: 1 ... 1645 1646 [1647] 1648 1649 ... 3842