Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1545 1546 [1547] 1548 1549 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6099835 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #23190 on: May 27, 2012, 10:23:17 pm »

Astikal is dying an FPS death, with a siege sitting outside our gates and only ten dwarves able to fight vs. 90+ invaders.

We're sitting at ~30fps at the moment.

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23191 on: May 27, 2012, 10:57:47 pm »

One of my dorfs was just adopted by three kittens simultaneously. Three female kittens.

And so it begins...

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23192 on: May 27, 2012, 11:02:18 pm »

Mining ores, breached a volcano wall. RIP legendary miner grandmaster mason. Managed to wall off the vein before anything serious went down.

Edit: Side question, what kinda sieges can I expect with 7.5 million urists of wealth? 100? Or even funner than that?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 11:21:08 pm by Hanslanda »
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23193 on: May 27, 2012, 11:26:52 pm »

Possibly. Plus ambushers and a titan.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23194 on: May 27, 2012, 11:33:54 pm »

Oh cool. Cuz now its 11 mil. And rising. DFHack is WRONG. Awesome. BUT WRONG. Its like the darkside.

Edit: Its still year two-ish...
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23195 on: May 27, 2012, 11:58:04 pm »

A lone snatcher tried to jump tha caravan and got bludgeoned to death by a guard. This is horrible. i don't think anyone wants to attack Shockedtown. Maybe it's the fact 1/4 of the opulation is in the military....

Nostril actor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23196 on: May 28, 2012, 02:32:59 am »

Lost 4 hunters to a herd of unicorns but got a unicorn bone sword studded with unicorn horn... I'd say it's a fair trade!
"Let me out! Let me out! Let me out!"
"Stay in there 'til ye rot, vampire scum!"
"Let me- Asvirgrail, Asvirgrail, Asvrigrail...! I NEED STONE! I NEED METAL! I NEED SHELLS!"
"Wait, what? 'Asvirgrail?' Ye mean ye've got a plan?! Well why didn't ye say so! Quick now, gimme the keys! HEAR THAT LADS, VAMPIRE'S GOT A PLAN!"
"A plan you say?! 'a's wonderful! Let 'im out, gotta see what 'e's gonna make!"

Lexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23197 on: May 28, 2012, 05:45:42 am »

Watchmines is now a tomb. A force of darkness right after a deadly dust beast attack has lead to dwarves and goblins bleeding blood through their skin to death. The beast. A gigantic hoary marmot is heavily maimed but prowling around its new home and chasing the last of the residents. Such a bloodbath. Much fun!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23198 on: May 28, 2012, 05:50:10 am »

The infernal ash consumed most of the siege, including the general.

Dfhack cleanmap, so many contaminants = low fps.

ShadowLop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23199 on: May 28, 2012, 09:18:15 am »

Captured a Beakwolf High Queen. Making her watch as I slaughter her people to train my sword dwarves.
Hmm...a trade? Intriguing...No, wait, boring! PULL OFF HIS KNEECAPS!

Stil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23200 on: May 28, 2012, 09:24:56 am »

Just crippled half my starting 7. Something about hauling heavy barrels on ramps. I saw combat come up but didn't check the reports (unit list was empty so I thought it was yaks duking it out on a small pasture).
"This in particular, simply because it's so siggable." Ironyowl

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23201 on: May 28, 2012, 10:21:20 am »

An underground farm has beenestablished, and the caravan has left, though sadly we have yet to be awarded the status of a Baron's Fiefdom. Went and got a nice room and tomb and whatnot made a nd don't even need it yet....

Elves got uppity before over a large crystal glass gem. So I siezed the majority of thier crap and animals, among them a giant porcupine and a giant hamster. And half the population hates hamsters.  :P

An ibex, siezed from the elves, went into the making of an artifact animal trap. The dogs grow up rapidly, thickening the carpet of animals waiting to shred thieves and snatchers. Ghost was put to rest... Oh, and an engraver killed a gremlin.

EDIT: Goblin marksmen attacked, setting up just outside shockedtown and began firing on the horse herd. Sadly most of the horses were killed but they drew the goblins close enough to allow the dogs to spot them, prompting the dogs to charge. While the dogs attacked, an axelord and hammerman, who were the only ones in the 1st and 2nd squad barracks while everyone else was resting or taking care of other necessary function, rushed out using the dogs as cover. The axelord made contact first, bisecting the squadleader, a bowgoblin, with her halberd. the hammerman was called out next, joining the fight shortly after two goblins had already died. The battle continues, and I'm positive that two humans are more than a match for rangergobs.

EDIT II: They were. And they weren't quick about it either, except for the squad leader and the last one, who passed out from borken bones and got decapitated. The hammer man killed two, the axelord three. Sadly, he took an arrow to his thigh, resulting in a broken femur and chipped hipbone. The only casualties were the giant hamster and porcupine, and a few dogs and horses. Those that were badly uinjured are being put down, so that they may serve shockedtowns in death. The Hammerman is expected to make a full recovery, as the mayor is fond of helping others and is skilled in treating most forms of injury except necrosis/rot.

Bastus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23202 on: May 28, 2012, 11:58:42 am »

Second possesed dwarf in my Fort and again a dog bone scepter.
My dwarfs could be a little bit more creative.

Tried out beekeeping for the first time.
Pretty awesome, nearly nothing to do but you produce stuff on a regular basis.

Rinnix

• Bay Watcher
  • astral tit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23203 on: May 28, 2012, 12:49:05 pm »

70+ war dogs--
Kills FPS AND goblins!

Tibbz2

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what this does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23204 on: May 28, 2012, 02:11:43 pm »

New fort! Going well for once! (Hopefully I will get to a decent pop and have FUN)

Only interesting thing so far is one of my children had their left hand split and poisoned by a snake, and their hand has now rotted! :p
THE DEMONS ESCAPED MY ICE TRAP AND NOW MY LAST WARRIOR IS SMACKING THEM ALL DOWN WITH HER DECEASED TODDLER OH GOD THE BOOZE JUST EXPLODED AND THERE'S SMOKE AND FIRE EVERYWHERE JESUS CHRIST.
Pages: 1 ... 1545 1546 [1547] 1548 1549 ... 3842