Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1518 1519 [1520] 1521 1522 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6099644 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #22785 on: May 13, 2012, 09:29:09 am »

Yeah, my two hammerdorfs ( one skilled, one adequate ) kinda got owned ( initially ) by a goblin thief.  The wretched thief cut the foot of my better soldier, forcing him to crawl, and my other guy somehow got his arm broken ( the two were still ecstatic, due to other stuff ).  The entrance to my fort was walled, and I had forbidden the door out.  The goblin thief was trapped with two hammerdorfs on the surface, one crawling, the other also being forced to crawl and unconscious with a broken limb.

However, the thief kept running around and somehow got his foot knicked by my conscious soldier.  The goblin was forced to crawl, and without the advantage of speed, was bludgeoned to death.

Now my only two soldiers are banged up, and may never walk again ( without crutches ).  I've built an aboveground well, I hope my other dorfs bring water to them.  I'd rather not have a tantrum spiral ( with 80 dwarves ) just because two soldiers ( both of whom have families ) die. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

JimDale

• Bay Watcher
  • Not actually at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #22786 on: May 13, 2012, 09:42:22 am »

I've recently gotten a migrant wave, the biggest (unfortunately) that I've ever seen. All the dwarven hobos and their 20 pets decided to mosey on down to my hole in the ground.
Right off the bat, 2 are critically injured and one vomits his way to my fortress, leaving an unsightly green trail of puke for his buddies to follow.
Then one dwarf (a kid, apparently) decides to have a strange mood as soon as he enters the map. Interestingly enough he won't claim any workshops, he just stands around in the meeting area, apparently kept busy by "strange mood." My guess is I don't have a moodable workshop for him so he'll go kernuts and slaughter a few dwarves.
My now-doubled fortress is losing food alarmingly fast. Not surprising, as one of the migrants' crazy grazers started a fight in the pasture and ended up killing a few fishers. And I haven't even gotten around to building masonry workshops, due to the layers upon layers of dirt and aquifers and collapse deaths.
So yeah.
Fun stuff.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22787 on: May 13, 2012, 09:43:36 am »

I have come to the conclusion that a necromancer siege would utterly decimate my fortress at this moment and time, so I'm going to begin planting metal spikes everywhere that randomly fire on and off in the hopes of killing random ambushers and siegers.

Castamere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22788 on: May 13, 2012, 09:48:12 am »

Just got plague from the traders (Masterwork mod)
Whole fort of 21 feverish dorfs followed
My expedition leader/miner died
Now my trader/miner died in while digging the staircase due to unknown causes
So basically my whole fort leadership died in one season
Oh well I've got plenty of dorfs
Playing DF is like getting into an elevator where you know it will freefall forty stories after it climbs about two.

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22789 on: May 13, 2012, 12:06:55 pm »

Fun times in Fangchambers. Mothram Veshugosh Migrur Bāsen, a huge scaly snakefly that shoots webs and enjoys kicking skulls in, killed half of our militia and the animal trainer. We managed to wall it inside the catacombs. Our vampire engraver is there too, chained inside one of the tombs, doing his prison sentence for murder. For some reason Mothram isn't interested of him, but instead prefers to topple over the coffins and spilling the bones and corpses everywhere.

A bit earlier, one of the masons was attacked by ravens, his wounds got infected and now he dropped dead just when people were already upset because of the military losses and Mothram defacing the tombs. And of course 2/3 of the fort's population were his friends.

One of the corpses Mothram defaced in the catacombs suddenly appeared as a murderous ghost and scared the weaver to death. Then a clothier went berserk, but conveniently did it in front of the marksdwarves and was quickly put down. One of the marksdwarves however couldn't take it anymore and is now melancholic.

Now as the cave-in-trap for Mothram was completed, it got bored and wandered back to caverns. Sigh.

Meanwhile, the human caravan was destroyed by goblins. The humans suspect foul play. If we survive the tantrum spiral we're probably going to face a siege from the humans.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 12:08:44 pm by uggi »

Nity11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22790 on: May 13, 2012, 02:10:55 pm »

7 (In-Game) Years into my city (Aboveground, Every family has there own house, 16 Bars, 5 Watchtowers, a Noble Skyscraper made out of microcline to blind everyone,etc.) Then yesterday the dwarven caravan arrived and WALKED THROUGH THE LAVA MOAT I MADE, not only that, but they then proceded to take a shortcut through my biggest(4 stories high) bar WHILE STILL ON FIRE!!!

I managed to save everyone important(Casualties below) but i'm still trying to rebuild the giant microcline tankard statue on top!

CASUALTIES:12

1-4:The whole caravan
5-7:2 Bartenders & the brewer
8-11:A Engraver, a Fish Cleaner & 2 Nobles, all having a drink
12:Lengendary Swordwarf who decided to drink the booze WHILE IT WAS EXPLODING

Note To Self:Build a bridge before it happens again

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #22791 on: May 13, 2012, 02:16:27 pm »

Fort experienced it's first goblin siege: a single platoon of bowmen led by a lasher. Strangely there have been no ambushes nor other warnings that we're totally screwed for lack of defences.

We defeated the platoon with only three fatalities and nearly the entire militia suffering massive injury, the enemy breaking formation and retreating as soon as their leader was shot down. Lucky break. Our soldiers have no armor besides shields and no weapons besides whatever the caravan sees fit to supply, and of course no legitimate training short of butchering keas. Not only that, but the main gates don't work and they pincushioned all the guard dogs. It's also lucky that the goblins wasted ten minutes bathing in the river before making the charge, because it took about ten minutes for everyone to get their stupid asses inside and in formation.

Regardless, those three casualties and multiple injuries have murdered morale. A tantrum spiral is imminent after a ranger went berserk in the food stockpiles and had to be put down. Dwarves are miserable due to the loss of friends and family, and two of the corpses burned away because the goblins brought a battlemage among their ranks.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22792 on: May 13, 2012, 03:22:20 pm »

Shoothermits is doing well with no outside interference. Outside, a slowly expanding palissade marks where a few dwarves live. Supplied enigmatically by the the pair within whenever they need ore or stone.

They have recently left a note, saying they will take in any children and keep them safe from snatchers.
The reason? Silk in abundance, and more food than the pair could ever eat.

The palissade awaits either the humans or next year's caravam from home, so that they will have access to an anvil to arm themselves properly.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #22793 on: May 13, 2012, 05:11:53 pm »

Keas are mauling one of the horses' foals. Poor thing has suffered some serious injury and my marksmen still haven't put the birds down yet.

Also, the new fortress guard has permitted me to locate the vampire. She's one of the marksdwarves, Sakzul Ulingingish. I inted to lock her away in a nice little cubby hole to transform rock into furniture for the rest of her life.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 05:31:46 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22794 on: May 13, 2012, 05:29:52 pm »

A few more  births, so come next year there will at least be a small staff of atom smashers handy in the hermit hole. The wooden stockade is expanding out and up, with ten apartments and an additional ten to follow above, just in case.

eataTREE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22795 on: May 13, 2012, 05:44:05 pm »

Everything's quiet. Way TOO quiet. And the Ominous Pause happened like a month ago and I haven't seen anything yet. I'm thinking there's one hell of an ambushing force hiding out on the surface.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22796 on: May 13, 2012, 05:51:10 pm »

As I lost track of the guy who was once a clothier, I have no idea who i need to make this kid pants and shoes.

We may have a small problem. Averted. Whoever it was made the little brat his pants and shoes.

Elves arrived. Going to rob them again. Yes I am trying to prompt aggression from them.

Fistbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22797 on: May 13, 2012, 06:05:44 pm »

My militia commander was wounded. A fractured arm is really, it, just one teensy problem:

THERE IS FOOD RIGHT THERE. YOUR ONLY LABORS ARE MEDICAL AND FEEDING PATIENTS.
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOOOOOU?
Goblin ambush party cancels Hunt: Interrupted by 'Pyonta' Godenakum Ngalknazom.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #22798 on: May 13, 2012, 06:20:09 pm »

From the very drowsy line and lack of an 'unconscious' line, you can tell that your militia commander is bugged and isn't resting, as resting patients are always in a state of sleep.

Just let him go and give him a good tomb right fast. There's nothing you can do to snap him out of it.
I make Spellcrafts!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22799 on: May 13, 2012, 06:23:51 pm »

Ok, that little puke is starting to annoy me. Just so I wouldn't have a needless death on my hands, he got the first apartment. finished. he got the newest shoes and socks. he got fresh pants, a shirt, some gloves a cloak and a hat.

Oh but flies rain and having a bed in general weren't good enough. nooooooooooooo. Useless little fucker. i cannot wait to pit him against a grizzly bear if he lives to adulthood.
Pages: 1 ... 1518 1519 [1520] 1521 1522 ... 3842