Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1514 1515 [1516] 1517 1518 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6100043 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #22725 on: May 12, 2012, 12:22:11 pm »

Would anyone happen to know how you can find out what item has been stolen from your fort?
Generally, it'll tell that an item is stolen the moment whatever took it walks off the map.
"A thief has stolen a *steel battle axe*!" - It'll say "a thief" if it was a hidden thief, generally kobolds in a unmodded game.
"A Kea has stolen a (pig tail fiber cloth)! x100".
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22726 on: May 12, 2012, 12:40:05 pm »

Ah, then whatever was lost was lost in some other way then.

Also, I may have just discovered that Chocolate Clowns are unfortunately not actually made out of Chocolate.

Coincidentally, finding the lost masterwork is not big on my priorities list anymore.

Kepplerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22727 on: May 12, 2012, 01:48:29 pm »

There are currently 25 babies in my fort. 23 of them were born within the past year.

Their numbers are still growing...
Having a sudden increase of additional units in the area can take your FPS down like a paraplegic on an ice covered hill.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22728 on: May 12, 2012, 02:39:43 pm »

There are currently 25 babies in my fort. 23 of them were born within the past year.

How the heck did you get so many couples?  Did you actually allow your dwarves to socialize?
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #22729 on: May 12, 2012, 02:41:38 pm »

A goblin snatcher just came out of ambush, stabbed a siege operator in the ass, bruising her skin only, and ran off before the militia could murder the little bitch.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kepplerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22730 on: May 12, 2012, 02:50:10 pm »

How the heck did you get so many couples?  Did you actually allow your dwarves to socialize?

The haulers had nothing to do for a couple of months and I didn't notice until it was too late.

Having a sudden increase of additional units in the area can take your FPS down like a paraplegic on an ice covered hill.

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
« Reply #22731 on: May 12, 2012, 02:51:10 pm »

A goblin snatcher just came out of ambush, stabbed a siege operator in the ass, bruising her skin only, and ran off before the militia could murder the little bitch.

If that operator was any good, they'd have fired a catapult at the snatcher before they got away.
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

Kepplerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22732 on: May 12, 2012, 02:56:34 pm »

Just had a child punch a sleeping mason in the head about 20 times.

Do children have immunity when it comes to justice? The little bugger hasn't been accused of any crimes.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22733 on: May 12, 2012, 03:25:53 pm »

I embarked in a region where it snows frozen blood.  So I already really like this fort.  Also, I'm digging out a sort of temple to Lorsith, the deity of minerals, jewels, death, war, and fortresses.  I'll update with more info on that later.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22734 on: May 12, 2012, 03:32:25 pm »

I created a new fort that happens to have a waterfall in it (yay! I didn't even look for it). Since the name of the group was randomly called "The dead town", I figured I'd set my pop cap to 0 (again) and close up shop after I get my first two waves.

With the waterfall though, I had the idea to smooth and carve fortifications for the whole waterfall. Yeah, it's pretty obvious, but I never tried it before - and my previous waterfall exploits all resulted in massive dwarf suicides. Now I get all the wonderful "pleased by a lovely waterfall" emotions. Yay.

Oh, I also have sectioned off 4x4 areas in the first layer for farms... and another section exposed to the air for alpacas. One alpaca per area will provide a nice small supply of alpaca wool and alpaca meat. Yay.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Kepplerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22735 on: May 12, 2012, 03:42:45 pm »

My children are all going slowly insane from lack of clothing. I could make them some clothes, but it's too damn annoying to make the little idiots new clothes whenever their old ones wear down.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #22736 on: May 12, 2012, 03:47:31 pm »

One of the newborn babies is a battlemage! She's zapping giant ravens out of the sky like nobodys' business. Good to know that in about 12 years she'll make an excellent addition to the militia.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kepplerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22737 on: May 12, 2012, 03:48:19 pm »

One of the newborn babies is a battlemage! She's zapping giant ravens out of the sky like nobodys' business. Good to know that in about 12 years she'll make an excellent addition to the militia.

I wish my children were useful :(

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22738 on: May 12, 2012, 03:49:41 pm »

Last fort succumbed to out of control elf contamination, entire fortress submerged in magma to stop the pandemic reaching the mountainhomes.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22739 on: May 12, 2012, 04:21:07 pm »

I wish my children were useful :(

Mine seem to be naturally inclined to violence. They like biting and kicking things their mothers fight.
Pages: 1 ... 1514 1515 [1516] 1517 1518 ... 3842