Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1513 1514 [1515] 1516 1517 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6100186 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #22710 on: May 11, 2012, 09:45:06 pm »

A bunch of dwarves got themselves injured in another ambush. Among them is our fourth mayor (the first was beaten to death for being a vampire, the second died of infernal ash, the third died of melancholy).

Two militia were left to die from dehydration before they were rescued.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22711 on: May 11, 2012, 11:39:42 pm »

Decided, after a minor... mishap involving a necro siege and a few... Slightly dead merchants and soldiers.... to make a new fort. Had a bit of luck digging into a hillside composed of what I thought was sand. Then I hit flux and limonite. And I just happened to be making bronze bars for my furture militia commander to use until I found iron, but this.... This pleases Splint. And there are trees a plenty to making a small foundry....

Also a stingray found it's way into my river.

MrButtchicker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22712 on: May 12, 2012, 12:24:27 am »

Figured out how pumps work. Figured out how magma works against long-running forts, too.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22713 on: May 12, 2012, 03:09:13 am »

A werepanda has come! And I think it was the kid who just migrated. he is currently being shot at by all of my hunters, who were just about to head out hunting, my mace squad that was training, and every adult dog in the fort. it has been shot once, kicked, punched, bludgeoned, and bit several times, and hurrently has 5 dogs hanging off it as it tries to scramble away with macedwarves beationg it mercilessly.

Good times.

EDIT: Turns out it was a human child. A dog scored the death blow on the poor little fella when it took a chunk out of his head. (I think he bit down on his temple or something.) It is now called Bisanbora, "Springmind." I have put him up for adoption; He earned it.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22714 on: May 12, 2012, 04:15:29 am »

Oh shit, a lumberjack just went berserk at my depot, trying to kill both my trader/baron and the elf merchants. D:

Fortunately, my hammerdwarf squad was nearby and quickly beat the berserk to a pulp.
Kind of understandable, really; the poor guy had his child decapitated by a lucky kobold thief. Enough to drive any parent to murderous rage, I think. A sad affair.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22715 on: May 12, 2012, 06:52:41 am »

A forgotten beast came and left. Fair enough.

I've started toying around with macro-designation fortress design and it got my tombs done a lot of faster, just somewhat less uniform than I anticipated. Still looks pretty cool.

Then I messed around with random bedroom designs and hallways. Since the major part of the fort is mined out, I'm just pissing about now.

Question: Can you rotate design macros in the scripts?

Gnomes keep dissecting themselves on my weapon traps. My butchers are slowly making their way through the hundreds of disposable animals...

Stuff I going on.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 06:56:23 am by MasterMorality »

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #22716 on: May 12, 2012, 08:09:46 am »

Caravans should REALLY follow the damn traffic designations, it's the second warlord caravan that got pushed over my waterfall to a cold and wet death 8z levels bellow...
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22717 on: May 12, 2012, 08:35:33 am »

Caravans should REALLY follow the damn traffic designations, it's the second warlord caravan that got pushed over my waterfall to a cold and wet death 8z levels bellow...
You could build fortifications 1 urist apart from each other to prevent them from pathing through the water.

Viking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22718 on: May 12, 2012, 09:21:10 am »

My current fort (well I tend to play a few different forts on and off) finally put together a catacomb for the first embark group and the unfortunate souls since. They are currently building an execution shaft and setting up industries every so painfully slowly.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #22719 on: May 12, 2012, 10:51:29 am »

Question: Can you rotate design macros in the scripts?

no
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

pi_Age

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22720 on: May 12, 2012, 11:31:23 am »

2x an ambush, curse them!

20 goblins, they kill my 6 unnarmored military. I recruit 30 random dwarfs and send them to their deaths. The gobos are gone but I have 23 dead now and tantrum everywhere.

what bugs me is that Cog McSleeper is throwing tantrum while sleeping!

Uncle Wulfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22721 on: May 12, 2012, 11:35:03 am »

The king has just demanded a bismuth bronze bed in his dining room.  I sense an impending unfortunate accident.

All loose granite has been ordered into the atom smasher in an attempt to boost fps and lessen the crashing frequency.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22722 on: May 12, 2012, 11:56:01 am »

Captured a breeding pair of Giant Kea, and with some modding, I am now producing Giant War Kea. I wish I could give them some steel talon claws and set them loose on wild kea. Teach those bastards to steal my (pig tail fiber cloth) en masse.
Unfortunately, the female Giant Kea went feral, escaped, somehow bypassing the cage traps I set around her nest box, and eventually killed by marksdwarves fighting off an ambush. Couldn't have flown over them, since I built a roof specifically to prevent her from flying over. The eggs don't seem to have been fertilized, it's been well over a year and they haven't hatched.

So no Giant War Kea factory.

Breached caverns, found a magma pool on z-15 that goes down to the magma sea. I've dealt with two Forgotten Beasts since. The first was a giant cardinal made of salt. At first I was like "Oh shi-! A Gnosis!", but it died in a few hits. The second one was a giant tarantula that killed one dwarf and crippled a few others. I'm surprised one of the crippled dwarves survived, she lost a leg, and was injected with venom at least once. The one who died simply had a hand ripped off.
Spoiler: One of my miners (click to show/hide)
WHHHYYY @_@!!
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22723 on: May 12, 2012, 12:05:09 pm »

Totally forgot about the necromancer tower nearby.

Zombie apocalypse followed an elven caravan in, just after the first artifact for this fort was made... a crossbow! At least I have 2 bridges between me, the elves in the depot (who really wanna leave) and the zombies on the outside...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22724 on: May 12, 2012, 12:16:00 pm »

Would anyone happen to know how you can find out what item has been stolen from your fort?
Pages: 1 ... 1513 1514 [1515] 1516 1517 ... 3842