Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1511 1512 [1513] 1514 1515 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6100346 times)

Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #22680 on: May 10, 2012, 02:14:46 pm »

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #22681 on: May 10, 2012, 02:16:02 pm »

Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #22682 on: May 10, 2012, 04:13:05 pm »

Splint, Overseer cancels play DF: Interrupted by School.

Amen!

DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22683 on: May 10, 2012, 04:20:03 pm »

Splint, Overseer, has been taken bya Fey Mood!
Splint has claimed a gaming PC!
Splint has begun playing DF!

There. Jokemurdered (CWHATIDIDTHAR)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #22684 on: May 10, 2012, 04:28:25 pm »

Splint, Overseer, has been taken bya Fey Mood!
Splint has claimed a gaming PC!
Splint has begun playing DF!

There. Jokemurdered (CWHATIDIDTHAR)

At my school, it would have to be a secretive mood.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22685 on: May 10, 2012, 04:46:00 pm »

I hide not my gibbering madness about DF! Even got one person thinking I'm batshit crazy talking about kidney stabbing unicorns and another curious over the growing amount of mugbased horror.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #22686 on: May 10, 2012, 06:35:39 pm »

I have finally fixed some of the major bugs that were occurring with my raws and have started a fortress in a site I rather like. It features a forested plain to the west, a volcano near the center-right, and the eastern half rises 10 z-levels to a nice plateau. Almost like one of the old 2d maps, except that the only thing to be encountered in the hill is a wall of rock. I very much wish to see underground rivers, lakes and pools, and more interesting, more common limestone caves and chasms be reimplemented like they were in 40d, except more outside mountain ranges and fitting well with the new cavern and magma sea features. They were in many ways more interesting than the present caverns, which are effectively just another layer of air instead of rock that nobody really messes with.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22687 on: May 10, 2012, 06:39:07 pm »

Sadly, mine is currently on hold.

They actually gave me work to do tonight.  Horray for actually working while at work for a change, even if it is just designing a high capacity mylar storage crate.

I should be able to play later tonight though.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #22688 on: May 10, 2012, 10:21:48 pm »

A hunter/marksdwarf just shot a giant bushtit in the left wing, while it was 19 z-levels up in the air. The result? It passes out from pain and plummets the entire 19 z-levels to the ground, exploding on impact. The haulers are still cleaning up the mess :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22689 on: May 10, 2012, 10:28:21 pm »

Two ambushes appeared the instant I opened the gate. One led by an Elf Maceman called Irene, and another one led by a dwarf pikedwarf. Probably shouldn't've made all those golden figurines...

The route for the golden road has changed. Rather than slaving away, we're going to carve a tunnel through the ice sheets for protection from the ash, then only come back out into the open near the edge.

Bartinyou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22690 on: May 11, 2012, 12:03:45 am »

Currently facing sieges of 30-50 goblins all mounted on giant toads/cave crocodiles.  The funny thing is my fort is built on a cliff jutting out into a lake several z levels deep.  Usually 75% of the goblins drown and my marksdwarves take care of the animals, during any given siege, a quarter of the lake is red with blood and the bottom of the lake is littered with corpses.  If only the fish would eat those corpses and breed so my fishing industry can get back up and running again.

Daenyth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22691 on: May 11, 2012, 12:23:14 am »

I wish my goblins brought mounts. So far they just trudge along by foot, even after 13+ years of fort life.

Bartinyou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22692 on: May 11, 2012, 01:08:27 am »

I wish my goblins brought mounts. So far they just trudge along by foot, even after 13+ years of fort life.

If they don't have a Beastmaster for your goblin civ, then you won't get mounted troops afaik.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #22693 on: May 11, 2012, 01:36:28 am »

Goblins don't have a beastmaster or any other assigned noble. They use local wildlife from their area, though.
I make Spellcrafts!

Iceflame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22694 on: May 11, 2012, 02:30:47 am »

My fort runs well this time, except that i still havent found a sufficient source of fuel - really sparse trees, humans dont show up and the elves are still not talking to me. So I depend on the dwarfen caravan to bring me wood. But the last two caravans got slaughtered and torn apart over my outer fortress yard, by goblin invaders and their goddamn cave dragons.
Pages: 1 ... 1511 1512 [1513] 1514 1515 ... 3842