Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1508 1509 [1510] 1511 1512 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6100507 times)

Daenyth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #22635 on: May 09, 2012, 05:35:58 pm »

One of the dogs I embarked with just died of old age. She was 18 years old. She defeated the very first kobold thief seen by the fort, though she was crippled in the fight. Ever since then, she's been stationed in the lever room, guarding against those who would wreak havoc with the controls.

Her legacy lives on in the dozens of dogs the fort now has. A slab has been erected in her honor in the hall of memories and wonders, home to carvings of our great deeds, and housing our finest artifacts.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #22636 on: May 09, 2012, 05:59:02 pm »

Just had my military torn apart by a creature I modded in. sand worms, they use the raws from the voracious cave crawler, but they grow and age like dragons, with the biome restrictions of the GDS. this worlds history has several of them killing tons of sentiant creatures. especially one worm called "spurnsunder, the keeper of years." over a hundred dwarves in 70 years of life.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

Daenyth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22637 on: May 09, 2012, 07:36:35 pm »

I just noticed a child in my 'u' list with the job listed as "Caged" I zoomed, and it pointed toward one of the goblin cages in my stockpiles!

Here's the strange part -- his thoughts screen showed that he was happy to receive water lately! I have no clue how long he was there, but he was born 11 years ago. I've seen odd "Give water" jobs now and then that I couldn't track down for years, even when no one was in the hospital or resting. Maybe he's where it's coming from!

Kaiserr

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22638 on: May 09, 2012, 07:40:06 pm »

My militia commander and elite hammerdwarf both just recovered from what could be called being gutted alive.
The hammerdwarf walked away with only minor sensory nerve and motor nerve damage,so he can't grasp much anymore.
Wait, you type with your feet? That's badass.
DF: Beat people to death with their own appendages!

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22639 on: May 09, 2012, 08:24:17 pm »

I hate Hunters. They annoy the hell out of me. I never use them, instead preferring to confiscate their equipment immediately on arrival.

Anyway, I had an uninvited guest rock up - at a very convenient time, actually. Some earlier unwelcome visitors, in the form of a siege of goblins, had been blocking me from communicating with the outside world for some time.

Apparently minotaurs and goblins don't get along, 'cause that minotaur chased them all off within the space of a day. Anyhoo, the Minotaur hung around for a couple of seasons, generally making a nuisance of itself. Then migrants rocked up - including two hunters - who immediately decided that picking a fight with said minotaur was a good idea. Turns out it was - I now have one minotaur corpse sitting out rotting in the forest.

Then more goddamn goblins rock up and murder the everloving shit out of one hunter.

Here's a pro tip; if you ever have fifty dwarves sitting around doing nothing, drop the drawbridge so they can collect the dead guy's socks.  To the goblins it must have looked as if a hore of angry, drunken, mostly-naked ambulatory beards were bout to react very badly to the Hunter's death, 'cause those goblins fled like sissies.

Except for one, who was beaten to death by a miller, of all people.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22640 on: May 09, 2012, 08:54:48 pm »

I have a ghost I cannot memorialize.  /grumble

Stupid caravan guards!
« Reply #22641 on: May 10, 2012, 12:11:05 am »

What is this I don't even...

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #22642 on: May 10, 2012, 12:16:00 am »

What is this I don't even...

If they ask to borrow a 'cup of finished goods', burn them all with magma.  Hell, burn them all to death anyway.  Friends share their things, after all...

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #22643 on: May 10, 2012, 01:54:53 am »

Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Finn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22644 on: May 10, 2012, 02:25:15 am »

My fortress Katsolon has suffered a fatal blow.  While building better defenses, I left an access gate open for the workers when a siege arrived.  I was unable to close the breech in time and now only 10 dwarves remain.  Three adults who are either unconscious or babbling, and 7 children.  There is also a War Cave Dragon wandering the halls, basically slowly destroying furniture in the bedroom level.  There is a ton of food and drink in the stockpiles.  Given enough food and drink, is it actually possible for the children to grow to adulthood?

Edit:  Abandoned
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 02:33:16 am by Finn »
I thought 'complained about the draft lately' meant they didn't have a door to their room.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22645 on: May 10, 2012, 02:28:28 am »

If one of the adults can come to long enough to wall the poor kids in witha pick, they might.

Flaying squirril men decided to drop by. My swordsdwarves are currently running the useless meatsacks down.

EDIT: The flying squirrel man menace has been exterminated, and the elves have arrived... They brought a giant wren female! Huh. And a Kangaroo buck. Man, i wish I had gotten df hack so I could request a female.

For once, since they're serving my purposes, I will spare them.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22646 on: May 10, 2012, 02:54:30 am »

Embarked in a haunted biome, attacked by Reindeer Bull and Wolf Corpses and abandoned after losing all but two, the leader escaped, leaving his left hand in the head of his friend, Lor Faththabum, now known as Zanegzokun or, Relicsiege.

Farewell, Bitchycreams
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 02:56:26 am by Urist McBeanie »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22647 on: May 10, 2012, 02:56:55 am »

Due to unforseen costs, I have yanked the depot (I really wanted that damn bird.)
Oh, and I now own a giant mosquito, and some Unicorn may well stumble into a trap.

I won't lie, I didn't notice this was a good biome until I saw the feather trees.

Edit: Hahahahah! Success! Several captured unicorns! Time for a quick stint into the raws so I can make max use of them.

Edit II: 3 captive unicorns, at least one female. A pair of migrant hunters (It was a small group! With no children!) killed a fourth. And they have set thier sights on a giant grasshopper next.

Enki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22648 on: May 10, 2012, 03:10:21 am »

My expedition leader is throwing tantrums constantly but immediately cools down again. Funny thing is, his only negative thoughts come from some vermin. Most of the other dwarves have similar thoughts and are ecstatic. Guess I have to strip him of his copper battle axe.

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22649 on: May 10, 2012, 03:21:03 am »

My expedition leader is throwing tantrums constantly but immediately cools down again. Funny thing is, his only negative thoughts come from some vermin. Most of the other dwarves have similar thoughts and are ecstatic. Guess I have to strip him of his copper battle axe.

Does he hate the sort of vermin he sees?
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.
Pages: 1 ... 1508 1509 [1510] 1511 1512 ... 3842