Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1507 1508 [1509] 1510 1511 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6100504 times)

Iceflame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #22620 on: May 09, 2012, 03:58:08 am »

A whole year has passed, and my Fortress houses 44 Dorfs now. 2 Fresh born children, both from the founding 7.
2 Marksdwarfs and 8 dumb-as-hell recruits, who barely can hold their Crossbows the right way. At least they haven't shot themselves until now.

I managed to get food industry, based on fishing an turkey breeding / eggs running, also i established booze Production based on cave wheat and plum helmets - both only for booze. Because Grass and Leaves are for Elves. Dwarfs need Meat and Fish.

Basic productions are also running fine - I'm only running out of Place for my dwarfes - so I think i have to build a new sleeping hall.

Elves are a little upset I think, cause offered them a handfull fine crafted turkey bone bolts for all their goods.
Maybe I try to mod the raws so I can get Elven Leather out of them, if this is possible in any form.

Also I was haunted by a dwarfen merchant ghost. I do not know where he came from - cause I didn't loose any dwarf right now. Maybe he came with the first Dwarfen caravan - I saw the guards killing several monkeys, but I didt'n find a dwarfen corpses afterwards.
Is it possible to encounter ghosts of dwarfs that died decades ago around the place?

[EDIT] I also think my Marksdwarf-squadleader is a vampire - although he is of normal dwarf age, he has a good bunch of kills, and I didn't see him drink, eat or rest until now.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 04:16:04 am by Iceflame »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22621 on: May 09, 2012, 04:59:43 am »

A sudden, massive wave of sickness has swept Astikal.

Many are dying.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #22622 on: May 09, 2012, 05:27:30 am »

After the chaos of last goldrush fort I'm going to make this one organized. No more dorfs sleeping outside! No more 5+ entrances to the fort! No more stockpiles out of fortress! Strike the earth!
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22623 on: May 09, 2012, 06:23:12 am »

A migrant wave boosted me right up to where I wanted, 35 dorfs, with only 3 children.

Going to begin captive giant wren breeding, as many have stumbled into my liberally applied cage traps.

Got a nice surface farm going, food and booze is stable, starting to make weapons and armor for our haphazard milita.

Time to check for whips and crossbows in the invetories, as if there are any, I need to bring everyone inside.

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22624 on: May 09, 2012, 07:05:20 am »

Giant cave spider came. Lurked on the edge of the map: massively underestimated it. I figured it would path straight towards the barracks and the cave entrance to my fort. No such luck. It killed about ten people - five or so kids at least.
I figured it was time to send the military in. They killed it, and straight away were bombarded by troglodytes. Good times. Slaughter was had.

I'm genuinely surprised that the cave animals aren't trying to path into my fort through the barracks. I was counting on consistent and easy training.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22625 on: May 09, 2012, 07:18:49 am »

I had made extra coffins in case the Infernal Ash Epidemic struck again. I didn't make enough. :P

We've had two tantrums, only two, despite ten deaths and another five due soon. One child went stark raving mad, and another is tantrumming and calming down almost instantly.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22626 on: May 09, 2012, 07:20:52 am »

42 zombie siege in year 2.

Not cool man.

I only had 2 soldiers.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Iceflame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22627 on: May 09, 2012, 07:27:54 am »

At least I found the corpse of the Ghost - or, let's say, several rotten bodyparts of him within a mass grave of otterman-parts.

On the bottom of the major river. Where the waterfall ends. I do not know how he got there - he didn't have to cross any stream to get to the trade depot.

I may have some great fun with this waterfall and goblins, or elves, as I have planed to let the waterfall go straight down to the depths of my fortress, and end in a small lake in the meeting hall. Nothin' better than screaming elves flushed down a waterfall and then be torn apart in front of the dinig table.

The Bard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22628 on: May 09, 2012, 10:03:41 am »

A goblin ambush just worked themselves into exhaustion beating on my Giant Hedgehog. The Gilded Thrones was dispatched to slit their throats as they lay panting on the ground.

I simply must start breeding Giant Hedgehogs.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #22629 on: May 09, 2012, 10:41:57 am »

jaguars are pretty good, but lions beat them. Killed a kobold in one swipe, very impressive. So, what else is happening. The elite militia killed a FB with poisonos bite without injries. A child got caught in the trap corridor by a goblin siege. Both my lasher squad and my youth squad AND the new marksdwarf squad under the CotG had to get some off time since there were some friends of the child there. Neither parent was in a squad and since the whole fort is extatic or nearly so except for the military, I couldn't even find them due to a happiness drop. I guess they had spares anyway.

The siege itself was 2 huge squads of hammer gobs, one huge of spear gobs and 2 normal troll squads. I deliberately diverted them to the less lethal and more cage area of the entrances to capture some for the younger squad. The fort is currently so ridiculous efficient, I just need 4 farmers/brewers, 2 millers/processors, 4 butcher/tanner/cook and 3 weaver/clothesmaker/leatherworkers to keep the fort running. Everything more is optional and usually part-time work. That being said, I should check on bedroom space.

Only serious injury has been a miner/mason who was attacked by a giant lovebird and has lost partial use in one hand.

So now I'm getting bored. As soon as the youth squad finishes training, we might start to dig down. Or just abandone and cheer when one of my legendaries migrates to a new fort. It's a great place for adventurers to visit, with lots of masterwork steel armor and weapons around.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Stoup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22630 on: May 09, 2012, 01:07:55 pm »

Awww... I was so sure plump helmet men would be the ultimate pincushion. :( After only getting 26 bolts stuck in his body one of the plump helmet men died when a fucking bolt separated his upper from his lower body. The other one only lasted for about 9 bolts before succumbing to the same fate

Bartinyou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22631 on: May 09, 2012, 02:36:17 pm »

The serpentmen that live below Toolbolted have manged to slay a Iquila, a FB made of dolomite and who spewed frozen extract.  They took about 10 casualties, but the surviving 3 have manageable wounds.  Onacaileda, serpent spearwoman, managed to cut the FB in half using a tunnel tube spear.  I think I'm going to leave the serpentmen alone and see if they can manage another FB kill.

Edit: Just found another 12 serpentmen in the cavern below, seems like I already have a in-house militia for dealing with FB, hopefully they can hold off FB until I get enough goblinite to make some steel armor for my militia (only in the spring of year 2).
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 02:40:07 pm by Bartinyou »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22632 on: May 09, 2012, 03:19:16 pm »

Seems I may need to wait on breeding those giant wrens.... Whole damn flock was male.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #22633 on: May 09, 2012, 03:33:36 pm »

My last champion was killed by a.... Bear cub;  he was wearing a full candy/steel masterwork armor  >:(.
And my baron was killed somehow.... No reports... nothing.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 04:17:47 pm by peskyninja »
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22634 on: May 09, 2012, 04:34:57 pm »

My fortress is crashing.  Of course, a legendary miner just has to bve struck by a strange mood asking for metal on a map with none, he kills about ten people, then everyone else has tantrums.
Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.
Pages: 1 ... 1507 1508 [1509] 1510 1511 ... 3842