Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1500 1501 [1502] 1503 1504 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6093352 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #22515 on: May 06, 2012, 03:15:45 am »

The infernal ash sickness has claimed many. Several more children, a cook, and a planter died.

Roughly fifteen others, all useless adults, thankfully; are showing symptoms.

The strange underground structure has been made safe through crossbow traps, with our surfeit of bolts and bows we shall be easily protected.

The last cavern layer is being sealed and harvested too.

Finally, an infernal ash cloud swallowed up half of a squad. They're still maintaining that they're sieging us, though they just stand around and sort of die.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22516 on: May 06, 2012, 04:30:25 am »

That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

This demands a sig.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy

Fortressdeath

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #22517 on: May 06, 2012, 04:33:29 am »

Welp, got my impaler hermit out of his attending meeting funk.  After everyone died.  Now he's the expedition leader! 

But some migrants just arrived. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #22518 on: May 06, 2012, 04:35:48 am »

This demands a sig.

That is an insane and dangerous sig.  I approve wholeheartedly.

I tested the Bridge of Death with a 'volunteer'.  It worked well and left the TestDwarf in a way that can only be described as VERY dead.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22519 on: May 06, 2012, 04:48:46 am »

Turns out the fortress was not so empty. Ten more corpses attacked.

Three were killed, at the cost of eight military and five civs, including our CMD. Seven corpses fled off the map. We got an ambush when the humans arrived; the remainder of the military and the human caravan guard defeated the ambush easily.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22520 on: May 06, 2012, 05:10:49 am »

Finally started a new fort, "Ironpillar".

As such? I'm constructing a completely above-ground fortress that shall have an iron pillar suspended over it. I shall then trigger the HFS and, as they all ascend a perfectly straight hole to my surface fort, this iron pillar shall descen like a spear from heaven and strike them all down!

HAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly.  Keep in mind though, I don't know if it's fixed in 34.07, but in 31.25 there was a game-crashing bug that occurred if a fire-based clown lost his fire (as in 'the limb sailed off in an arc' lost).
Wait, you can lop off a clown's fire? o_0 How does that... I don't even...
'Sus' has gone stark raving mad!

IMHO, if you break the game, you've won.

As for the plan, I approve as well. Giant iron phallus pillar penetrating the HFS = Epic Dwarfness™.  8)
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #22521 on: May 06, 2012, 05:12:22 am »

I think making a lot of steel trap components has certainly gotten the neighbours attention. 57M dorfbucks worth of fort after a 14 years or so. If I ever fall below 55 dwarfs, the migrant waves will be amazing
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22522 on: May 06, 2012, 05:20:40 am »

Another ambush, also run off in a matter of seconds by the caravan guard and the tattered remnants of Astikal's military.

The zombies are gone. The anger at so many deaths has stabilised. Our food production is stable too.

Astikal has finally broken even. :D

The strange thing in the fortress is being removed, not without due caution of course.

And finally, the new medical dwarf and his peasant helper are actually operating on the two injured dwarves. Success!

If all goes to plan, Sabreheals will not just be some dwarven outpost in the middle of nowhere. It will be the dwarven capital, protected by mighty gusts of infernal ash winds!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22523 on: May 06, 2012, 05:31:30 am »

What would a weapon that fills the central staircase with melty magma mist be defined as?  Last-Ditch or first defense?  keep in mind the fort only has one entrace to the surface and another down into mines/tunnels etc.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22524 on: May 06, 2012, 05:46:13 am »

What would a weapon that fills the central staircase with melty magma mist be defined as?  Last-Ditch or first defense?
A necessary precaution.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22525 on: May 06, 2012, 05:47:22 am »

A horde of elk birds arrived, ripped a woodcutter open, then most of them got shot down by our three hunters. ELK BIRD MEAT ANYONE?

I'm beginning work on the Great Golden Road of Old Sabreheals so that we can wander without fear of the mists, and fulfill the need for roads for a duchy, barony or county.

A forgotten beast arrived and left just as quickly.

The strange weapon was removed. We heard screams....

And nothing happened.

Thank you, goblin-cap wood floor!

[EDIT]:

We had a mood. A fey mood. :D

A dwarf took some native gold nuggets and made Nogleshilrom Bobetosresh "Savagepeaks the Trifling Mortification", a native gold toy hammer.

The roof over where we intend to build the golden road is ongoing.

We got some migrants, inflating our population from 88 to 104. Most were promptly put in the Mason Army to work on the Golden Road.

There is a sickened elk bird wandering around vomiting everywhere, and because of Soundsense I get this "ERRGHG" sound every few seconds which makes me laugh.

The mayor went hunting elk bird and got dragged away by the hammerer for beatings after he killed his fifth dwarf.

The mayor enraged after his fiftieth hammerstrike and then broke free. More hammer strikes. :P

He's still fine!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 06:06:03 am by Reudh »

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22526 on: May 06, 2012, 06:02:11 am »

Finally started a new fort, "Ironpillar".

As such? I'm constructing a completely above-ground fortress that shall have an iron pillar suspended over it. I shall then trigger the HFS and, as they all ascend a perfectly straight hole to my surface fort, this iron pillar shall descen like a spear from heaven and strike them all down!

HAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly.  Keep in mind though, I don't know if it's fixed in 34.07, but in 31.25 there was a game-crashing bug that occurred if a fire-based clown lost his fire (as in 'the limb sailed off in an arc' lost).
Wait, you can lop off a clown's fire? o_0 How does that... I don't even...
'Sus' has gone stark raving mad!

IMHO, if you break the game, you've won.

As for the plan, I approve as well. Giant iron phallus pillar penetrating the HFS = Epic Dwarfness™.  8)

Huzzah! My plan is approved of!

Well, as it turns out I don't actually have any iron. This makes constructing a massive iron spear with which to screw the HFS a tad difficult.

However, this does mean that I simply have to murder enough goblins to populate South Korea to collect the iron I shall need.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #22527 on: May 06, 2012, 06:02:44 am »

Woodcuter had his brain eaten by a manera. And my king will have a tomb without a happy minotaur family living in it, the minotaur child was killed by an cutebold ambush.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22528 on: May 06, 2012, 06:03:52 am »

Well, as it turns out I don't actually have any iron. This makes constructing a massive iron spear with which to screw the HFS a tad difficult.

However, this does mean that I simply have to murder enough goblins to populate South Korea to collect the iron I shall need.

Put an iron tip on a spear of excavated stone (as in dug-around and possibly smoothed).  That way when it hits the bottom, it'll seal the breach into the HFS.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #22529 on: May 06, 2012, 06:34:11 am »

human caravan got slaughtered by goblins. Now I am really turning invaders off untill i sort this mess and smash whatever I don't want. I'm thinking I'm going to protect the trader entrance a bit better
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.
Pages: 1 ... 1500 1501 [1502] 1503 1504 ... 3842