Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1487 1488 [1489] 1490 1491 ... 3839

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5969175 times)

Orky_Boss

• Bay Watcher
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #22320 on: April 29, 2012, 04:15:38 pm »

SH*T, ALL THE ZOMBIES ARE CONVERGING ON MY FORT! All my dwarves are running around panicing, and my swordsdwarf is just f*cking sitting there!

Edit: Urist McSwordswarf is doing great, tearing up the undead without taking a scratch. (Well, withou a major one. His left ears is broken, but no one cares about that) I've set everything in the wagon to be dumped so I don't have to make stockpiles and slating the wagon for removal. Unfortunately Urist McSwordsdwarf is unhappy, so I'll need to work on smoothing out the dining hall when I finally make it.

Superedit: Wagon is removed, stuff is being brought underground, and the militarydwarf is getting used to tragedy, so... well, I don't know what that does, although I have enough common sense he's transitioning to 'doesn't really care about anything anymore'. What exactly are the benefits?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 04:33:40 pm by Orky_Boss »
Shit! He's flatlining! Quick, get the Doctor in!

Doctor: Nah, I'm on break.

LuckyLuigi

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Ever Savescum
    • View Profile
« Reply #22321 on: April 29, 2012, 04:21:59 pm »

Some Dorf decided to have mercy on my sanity and removed the last stone so Earthmastered's second dining hall is now up and running. Dwarvendom rejoices  :D.
We had a dwarven caravan come by and get attacked by four (4!) ambushes  :o. They lost half their guys and no trade for me.
Then we got sieged again but bowmen so no sorties. They left except for Trolls so we sortied and slaughtered all  :D.
I accidentally rebuild the gate as a retracting bridge  :-[ so 5 unlucky dwarves got locked out outside the emergency gate and died, heroically killing one Troll in the process. Testing the bridges afterward I accidentally crushed a really popular dwarf  :'(
Finally caught up with coffins, all the ghosts are laid to rest. I also build 60 new rooms for my dwarves. I think we're getting a handle on the morale problem.
The second well next to the hospital is working. When we finally get the rooms sorted it'll be a decision to get serious on forges or meat industry...I'm inclining towards the second as it will mean soap.
My major problems are discarded clothes everywhere and stone hauling. It's just taking ages to clear a site.

...and we're under siege again...amazingly we only lost a cat this time.

Check out Time Denee's brilliant DF comics of Bronzemurder and Oilfurnace.

Batdwarf Forever !

Orky_Boss

• Bay Watcher
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22322 on: April 29, 2012, 04:38:59 pm »

Dwarves were refusing to go outside and Urist McSwordsdwarf was beginning to tire and was starting to take some hits (Well, one, but it was his skull, which got shattered).

Damn dwarves are so cowardly... don't they realize once they get the sh*t away from the surface, they can lock out the zombies and be safe underground?
Shit! He's flatlining! Quick, get the Doctor in!

Doctor: Nah, I'm on break.

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #22323 on: April 29, 2012, 04:46:05 pm »

WereCoati attacked my fort. Hit my fisherman nearby that was constructing something until his arm was broken and he was unconscious, then proceeded to turn back, run away like no other, and then said dwarf was hospitalized for a little bit. In other news, children are dying everywhere due to a lack of clothing. Why do they pass up the clothes there? I have so many clothes. Also, I found lava! Sweet lava. It tastes delicious I'm sure, I am just way too busy to go down the mine shaft I made. Dragon appeared in the water part of the caverns, and it couldn't get into my base because there was no way in. So I watched as it idled around with some pond grabbers for a little bit before getting bored. Still living off that hill titan meat that I killed a while ago, decided because of my abundance of food, I traded the meat for a jaguar and a wolf from the elves. Hopefully they will bring me a breeding pair next year, or else I will have to destroy them mentally by trying to trade them wood, and then physically by capturing them, taking their belongings and killing them, most likely as training dummies for my military and law.
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

talysman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22324 on: April 29, 2012, 06:23:28 pm »

The second siege finally broke. Almost immediately, the human caravan showed up and the wagons bypassed my closed fort. Well, duh, merchants, you didn't give me time to open the gate! There's still some merchants with pack animals, and I'm hoping they have at least a little yarn, since someone's entered a fey mood and needs it (tons of silk and pig tail fiber cloth, but they always want yarn...)

Open the gate... immediate notification of another siege, even bigger than the last two. Some dwarves managed to make it out the gate, so now I have to wait for them to get back in before sealing it again. The goblins, lead by a (human?) lawgiver, slaughter the merchants and their animals, buying me some time. Still, a couple dwarves are caught outside when I seal the fort again. Population reduced to 90.

Some gobs are running into the serrated disks, but I wonder if I can clear some out faster. I pull the lever on my magma flood trap. The notification that I am under siege disappears pretty quickly after that. However, the dwarves take their sweet time pulling the lever *again* to cut the flow, so now I have more magma filling my entryway than I planned. Not a problem for the fort itself, but I can't export all this crap I'm making unless I can clear that path.

Side question, sparked by this event: it looks like the caged (mega)dragon that I haven't been able to pull inside yet was unharmed by the magma. There were a couple war cave dragons in the siege that were seriously burnt, but the megadragon doesn't show any wounds at all. Is this normal? Are the largest dragons immune to magma?

Chagen46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22325 on: April 29, 2012, 06:40:31 pm »

I asked for some walls and floors to be smoothed and FIVE guys came to do the job.

I don't remember five guys being stone detailers...oh well, whatever gets the job done fastest.
Great! my fps improved significantly and now my sewer is full of corpses like it should be.

Chagen46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22326 on: April 29, 2012, 06:52:02 pm »

Onul Oddomedim, Weaver is taken by a fey mood!
Onul Oddomedim has claimed a Clothier's Shop.
Onul Oddomedim has begun a mysterious construction!

A shame it had to be useless clothes, but oh well.
Great! my fps improved significantly and now my sewer is full of corpses like it should be.

Daenyth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22327 on: April 29, 2012, 07:01:04 pm »

Side question, sparked by this event: it looks like the caged (mega)dragon that I haven't been able to pull inside yet was unharmed by the magma. There were a couple war cave dragons in the siege that were seriously burnt, but the megadragon doesn't show any wounds at all. Is this normal? Are the largest dragons immune to magma?

I believe creatures inside cages are immune to the environment around them (barring ice/obsidian)

Chagen46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22328 on: April 29, 2012, 07:41:00 pm »

Some horse foal decided to start a huge ass fight with EVERYBODY. I have no idea why.

Also everyone is starting to starve even though I have a chef working on making meals. Oi vey

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22329 on: April 29, 2012, 07:47:51 pm »

Cleaned up the area at the bottom of my waterfall by excavating a room underneath it, installing lever-linked bridges to control the water flow and atom-smash water in the drain, and puncturing the ceiling. Whirlpool goblinite suction for the win. Now I can collect the stuff whenever I feel like it.

Chagen46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22330 on: April 29, 2012, 07:55:57 pm »

Avuz Stukoslor, Farmer cancels Strange Mood: Went insane.
Avuz Stukoslor, Farmer has gone stark raving mad!

-----

Fuck.

Chagen46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22331 on: April 29, 2012, 08:16:27 pm »

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I accidently stepped on my laptop cord and shut down my laptop (long story) and therefore lost a straight hour of progress.

Fuck doing that again, I'm abandoning this fort

LuckyLuigi

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Ever Savescum
    • View Profile
« Reply #22332 on: April 29, 2012, 08:36:13 pm »

Protip for dwarves. If you are an animal trainer and are training 25 dogs into war dogs, that is the absolute worst possible time imaginable to got insane and beserk.

I felt uncomfortable watching that...

A human diplomat also arrived, followed one second later by a weregila that ripped him into shreds and then changed into a dwarf...which I can't find anymore...worrisome...

EDIT : Almost forgot, my mayor/baron has a craving for animal traps, but my carpenters flat out refuse to make any. I have no idea why. Bug ?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 08:41:07 pm by LuckyLuigi »
Check out Time Denee's brilliant DF comics of Bronzemurder and Oilfurnace.

Batdwarf Forever !

MrButtchicker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22333 on: April 29, 2012, 09:38:01 pm »

I managed to get seiged by goblins lead by a demon. A steel demon, in fact. So, I sent my military to it, and it has webs. The fight lasted forever, and each side was to strong to hurt each other. So I lead them into a room, and now that demon permanently trains fighting until I manage to kill the demon and unwed the guys. And I have three heroes trained up! (thirty managed to get stuck battling him for eternity. Thankfully I only use vamps.)

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22334 on: April 29, 2012, 09:47:21 pm »

Started up a new fort in 31.07 after a long break.  It's summer and I currently have no migrants; I'm guessing my civ was destroyed or all my migrants will show up next spring.  For now, I'm just content on setting it up.
Pages: 1 ... 1487 1488 [1489] 1490 1491 ... 3839