Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6109095 times)

Rastaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #2220 on: April 14, 2010, 08:23:59 am »

Time for a new map!

Something a little more....Glacial.
In fact, there is nothing on the surface but snow and dwarves. And the snow covers ice. Which probably covers lots more ice.
And the awesome thing is, I hear all maps are guaranteed to have magma.

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: April 14, 2010, 08:46:30 am »

Time for a new map!

Something a little more....Glacial.
In fact, there is nothing on the surface but snow and dwarves. And the snow covers ice. Which probably covers lots more ice.
And the awesome thing is, I hear all maps are guaranteed to have magma.
Yeah, now that we have the underground layers and guaranteed water, magma and plants, glacier life got so much easier.

Ruttiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://https://server2.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/s/p1/
« Reply #2222 on: April 14, 2010, 12:18:34 pm »

Gah, I just got attacked by my first GCS.  I sent both my squad of sworddwarves and a squad of marksmen that refuse to use bolts.  I watch the fight, There are some injuries and a dwarf bleeds out, but I consider one easily replaceable dwarf a fairly low cost.

Then I leave and come back after a while and wonder why my medical dwarf hasn't done something about the several injured dwarves in the hopital.  He's gone.  Dead.  So I look through my reports screen, apparently there were about 8 casualties, several of which weren't even military.  It decimated a 3rd of my military before I noticed it was there and dispatched them. 

Dammit. 

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: April 14, 2010, 01:23:22 pm »

A hill titan showed up at my fort

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

does anyone have a strategy for stopping them
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

Ruttiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://https://server2.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/s/p1/
« Reply #2224 on: April 14, 2010, 01:32:43 pm »

Ast Udilvunom craftsdwarf cancel make silk cloak: Needs 10000 silk cloth

That's new.

Cerion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: April 14, 2010, 02:07:16 pm »

The ocean titan Imaza Otirarofa Liquenayemeni has come! A towering quadruped composed of crystal glass...

My military can hack off all its feet and tails and break every remaining part to red but apparently not kill it. Sigh. Inorganic creatures are so broken

caknuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: April 14, 2010, 03:25:59 pm »

I have my worst noble candidate yet:
"Ast Zonbabin likes raw adamantine, native aluminum, sapphire, the color gray and cats for their aloofness. She has a great musical sense, but she has an iffy memory and questionable spatial sense.
She occasionally overindulges. She can handle stress. She has a good awareness of her own emotions. She loves new and fresh ideas. She is disorganized."

I must do everything in my power to ensure she never gets elected/promoted to a mandate-making office. If I fail, I anticipate seeing work orders for sapphire gem windows and native aluminum armor stands.

Thankfully, as far as 0.31 immigrants go, she is pretty useless: Talented animal dissector, competent fish cleaner, and a handful of somewhat useful skills at adequate/novice level. No friends.

I should just kill her now. There is a herd of camels roaming nearby, so I think I'll make her my new hunter.
Quote from: Primary
*Kneels before Urist Dickpuncher*

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: April 14, 2010, 04:54:05 pm »

Ast Udilvunom craftsdwarf cancel make silk cloak: Needs 10000 silk cloth

That's new.

Cloth is broken up into pieces now, it's so that hospitals can get an ass ton of use out of just one cloth.

So your cloak will still only use one cloth, just all of that one cloth.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: April 14, 2010, 06:02:08 pm »

I wonder if making a trans-embark aqua/magmaduct is possible? I know pumps seem to stop working after you abandon, but it might just be possible to move magma or water long distances nevertheless...
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Nakanja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: April 14, 2010, 06:22:13 pm »

I got a bunch of migrants.  Two of them were hunters, and both came wearing one of their boots and hauling the other one.  They're talented and high master ambushers, so it must be some kind of advanced one-footed sneaking technique.

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: April 14, 2010, 06:34:42 pm »

Abandoned my previous fort due to tediousness and embarked instead on a nice forest/mountain site with abundant flux, hematite/magnetite, lignite, and plenty of wood.  My only concern is that I'll run short on food or drink due to the amount of mining I designated although it's been going very quickly.  We're also fortunate enough to have a nice pool-river combination in front of the entrance for both irrigation and moating, and the river's had a solid supply of turtles and other small fish.

It's a pretty attractive site as well, and that pool in front of the fortress will be perfect for an outdoor statue garden/well in the future.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

brainfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: April 14, 2010, 06:55:17 pm »

Well, my above ground party hall is totally soaked in horse/groundhog/wolf/buzzard blood, tracked in through the staircase. At least the water's still clean.
You can allow or stop your dwarves from eating these mushrooms, but it's entirely optional and doesn't turn Dwarf Fortress into Dwarf hookah-smoking pad.

immibis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: April 14, 2010, 08:02:40 pm »

I just finished irrigating the second floor up in a tower.
If I wanted ramps I would've designated ramps, dammit!

stormyseasons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: April 14, 2010, 08:29:22 pm »

******* the bronze coloussus xxxx has arrived. not that i noted the name, being too busy panicking and assigning civs to a hastily designated burrow.

pull lever, close fort up inside with a bridge wall - unpause, let it run - 'dwarffort.exe has encountered an error and needs to close*

FFFFFFF
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper GOLD - 475+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Zafmg

• Bay Watcher
  • Dort Fwarfess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: April 14, 2010, 09:06:30 pm »

Armorer cancels pickup equipment: Too insane. x30

A dwarven child just finished off a Forgotten Beast. She is now an adequate fighter. The forgotten beast then got butchered and oh my god MEAT FOR EVERYONE.

An elk bird chewed up and spat out my hunter after taking two bolts to the legs, then continued to aimlessly explore my fortress trailing blood all the while.

A goblin spearman stabbed one of my military dwarves right in the guts three seasons ago. Doctors have been unable to suture him up, but he seems to be holding up for now.

One of my woodworkers had all the fat on her lower left leg burnt off by a fire man. She never bothered to see a doctor about it. She is also constantly faint. Probably not related.

And of course, 100 levels below the rest of my fort the Magma workers burrow continues to operate fantastically well. If the apocalypse came these guys would be the survivors, making gold crafts all the while.

Berserk dwarf locked in room with horse, fight lasts a season. Horse continually kicks dwarf with every leg, then finally strangles him. Poor thing took a few bites though, and now it can't walk. This game needs veterinarians too.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 3842