Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1455 1456 [1457] 1458 1459 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6109030 times)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #21840 on: April 11, 2012, 11:28:18 pm »

Try assigning gremlins labors using therapist.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

JimDale

• Bay Watcher
  • Not actually at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #21841 on: April 11, 2012, 11:28:39 pm »

I'm currently starving Elf traders to death so I can keep their animals.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21842 on: April 11, 2012, 11:29:44 pm »

Try assigning gremlins labors using therapist.

Why oh WHY didn't I think to try that!? I wish runesmith was up to date. I had an antman army thanks to it once....

ydaraishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21843 on: April 12, 2012, 12:23:21 am »

Started a new fort on a terrifying forest and an untamed wilds mountain.  It's got sand, clay, zombies, and - the best of all - a delicious magma-pipe not 20 z-levels below in the first cavern layer.  The only thing it's lacking is iron, but that's why I've modded in arsenic bronze and cupronickel as war metals beforehand.  Today will be a good day for Wheelwords.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #21844 on: April 12, 2012, 06:19:27 am »

I had 240-odd dwarves.  A zombie siege turned up and reduced the fort pop to 70, give-or-take a few beserk tantrummers.  It just doesn't FEEL like one of my forts until there's a mass grave that takes years to fill.  I'm already rebuilding and preparing for the next round of xXFUNXx

kenpoaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21845 on: April 12, 2012, 11:25:16 am »

Urist McCheesemaker has been missing for a week.
Urist McCheesemaker has been found drained of blood!
Vampire McMayor goes insane, struck with melancholy.

I never gave my mayor a room, and turns out that's for the best! my vampire problem solved itself, and I can still unlife my fort later if I want to!
This forum is a bunch of nutters, and you couldn't point to anything to contradict it.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #21846 on: April 12, 2012, 12:00:21 pm »

my miner dwarfs who mood keep making useful stuff. Mostly coffers and coffins though. I wonder if they're trying to get a message through to me

I'm trading on a depot made of cat soap  8)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 12:39:44 pm by Garath »
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

JimDale

• Bay Watcher
  • Not actually at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #21847 on: April 12, 2012, 12:36:36 pm »

my miner dwarfs who mood keep making useful stuff. Mostly coffers and coffins though. I wonder if they're trying to get a message through to me
That's a lot better than the crap my dwarves make. I've gotten Pigtail fiber socks at least twice.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21848 on: April 12, 2012, 02:26:34 pm »

Mayor is demanding I make three socks.  Very dwarfy, but I'm not sure how our thread stocks are looking at the moment
I'm excavating the first level of catacombs currently. Need coffins to fill it with. Plenty of things to stuff the coffins with, though.

And a grand master mason to help with that. Masterpieces everywhere. Now if only the glassmakers would develope enough skill to impress me with their furniture... That's a much slower operation, though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dr. D

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21849 on: April 12, 2012, 02:29:46 pm »

A child minotaur just attacked, and promptly tried to attack the pig. It ran into one of my hunters, who took a pot-shot at the animal, and then died at the hands of my axelords.

The pig survived.

Also, a plump helmet man is currently being torn apart by a child party.
Bombengranadenelementplitzplotzdonnerwettersappermentnochmal!

Count Dorku

• Bay Watcher
  • Sounds Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #21850 on: April 12, 2012, 02:37:20 pm »

40% of my once 50-strong fort just got wiped out by rampaging elf zombies, including most of my military. On the bright side, I didn't have to give the non-zombie elves anything for their trade goods because the zombies killed them too.

I'm beginning to think my choice of embark location may not have been the best.
"when in doubt, Magma"

Miners are diggin out nicely, everything will go right, i hope. hell, what am i even saying? this is dwarf fortress. it wont go right.

MenacesWithSpikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21851 on: April 12, 2012, 03:17:25 pm »

Current fortress:  Scarletaxe.  (Not the same as the old Scarletaxe.)  Sits mostly on a good biome (rainforest, I think), but there is a bit of desert (Rocky Wasteland) in the western part of the zone.  Tropical.  Some iron, tons of galena, oodles of limestone.

There is a downside to having a legendary bone carver in a biome full of unicorns.  I'm getting lots of goblins early.  I also got an ettin with a population of 54.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Leave anything to chance, eventually the RNG will roll a 1 and everything will erupt in a fountain of magma and vomit.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #21852 on: April 12, 2012, 04:44:25 pm »

My miner wasn't fast enough and was caught in the magma while digging the tube that would bring magma to my forges. Good thing spring migration is near.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

MenacesWithSpikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21853 on: April 12, 2012, 06:58:09 pm »

Why is it that my fortress of Anvilring produced such a high percentage of awesome artifacts, but the artifacts created in Scarletaxe so far mostly suck?

In Anvilring I had a freaking golden hammer!  An artifact steel axe!  A cloak that I gave to one of my soldiers!  And so on.

Still, the lignite bed has possibilities...
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Leave anything to chance, eventually the RNG will roll a 1 and everything will erupt in a fountain of magma and vomit.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21854 on: April 12, 2012, 07:02:19 pm »

TradedStabs' residents are being moved from the cramped apartment complex of the construction pit housing block, into the spacious family sized apartments of arcology subfloor1.

The shipments of food from the pit site to the new food stockpile indoors has taken an entire year, but is nearing completion.

The fortress doesn't have enough haulers.
The fortress doesn't have enough masons, or engravers either.

Really, the fortress doesn't have enough dwarves. Jobs go unfilled for weeks at a time in the backlog.  Perhaps a protracted period of reproductive hiatus should be enacted?

Pages: 1 ... 1455 1456 [1457] 1458 1459 ... 3842