Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1446 1447 [1448] 1449 1450 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6108595 times)

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #21705 on: April 07, 2012, 05:08:16 pm »

Human caravan came. Good. I needed booze, wood, barrels, bins, ammo, bars, pretty much anything.

What I didn't need was another goblin siege.

Led by their civilization's master, a chameleon fiend with noxious excretions. Bitch earned herself a second name in battle but got killed eventually.

No trade done with caravan, goblins dead, 20-something of my dwarfs dead, another dozen in hospital and half a dozen miserable or otherwise unhappy.

A diagnoser, who was wounded in battle, lost his father and a sibling was miserable, tantruming. Was wounded but got up, walked towards the hospital and got a mood just before arriving there. Luckily it was a macabre mood and not a fell mood or else he'd have murdered either a doctor or a patient. Instead he hauled ass to a tannery and started collecting stuff. I now have an artifact bone spear, pretty badass. I was half expecting he'd make a coffin (likes coffins), which would be really macabre and also metal as fuck.

There's still a rutherer trotting about on my map but all my soldiers are dead, dying, damaged or depressed so I decided to try and outfit my legendary gem cutter/ competent spear dwarf with the bone spear and send him in combat. He gathered up some stuff, almost went to engage the rutherer when it interrupted his gathering, chased it off without ever fighting and then went to bed. Wanker.
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

Thor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21706 on: April 07, 2012, 05:23:30 pm »

Started a New fortress, Destinedfailure.

As migrants can now come from old fortresses, I devised a plan to create the most brilliant children in all of the world, and train them in masteries of everything. The first 10 children would be picked to become Paragons of their kind. However.. destiny intervened.

Thirdborn was stolen away by Goblin snatchers, and his mother slain before him. Citizens predicted he would divulge the location of the fortress, and that he did. Within a season Fourthborn and Fifthborn were slain with in their mother's arms.

The Parents of Fifthborn just so happened to be the only Mayors that kept reoccuring, with over 100 friends each, and large families in the fortress.

Their loss inspired a Tantrum spiral, which I dearly hope the seven remaining Paragons survive, else Dwarfkind may be doomed to mediocrity.

Edit: Annnnnnnnnd the Warband has now started to Tantrum too.  Baby slaughter incoming :(

Edit2: Eighthborn is Murdered in the resulting brawl, and Ninthborn goes beserk.  I see this will end well -_-
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 06:03:35 pm by Thor »
Heroes Of My World.
Astesh Delightinks the Pungent Trust of Towers

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21707 on: April 07, 2012, 06:07:58 pm »

That sounds like one hell of a challenge to undertake, Thor.

Raising kids from birth to adulthood is hard enough, but even after that you're trying to make them legendary dorflings. If you succeed, you will win all of the internets and ☼pig tail sock☼s you can handle
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Thor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21708 on: April 07, 2012, 07:08:21 pm »

First, Sixth, Seventh and Tenth remain alive. They have lost their entire families and face training to Demi-Godhood with strangers.

However Secondborn's death was not in vain, he alerted the fortress of a Vampire. She has been locked up and given all the murders of the Tantrum Spiral.

She is to serve 2801 days imprisoned. Should be time enough to be slain by whichever Born of the fortress becomes Van Helsing.

Edit: Goblins have begun a new siege, and have sent their General atop a giant Rat. RAAAAAAAISE THE BRIDGES!

Edit2: Tenthborn becomes the first with a Legendary skill and lucks out with a Masonry fey mood. We'll need that for the coffins :'(

Edit3: Haahahahaha! A Werebuffalo attacked the fortress and annhilated the siege. But just as he was going to smite down the General and his rat, *poof* back to a dwarf and he scarpers off.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 08:10:34 pm by Thor »
Heroes Of My World.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21709 on: April 07, 2012, 08:09:08 pm »

How'd a kid get any masonry experience in order to get a masonry mood?

I just tried to open a waterway to keep ponds around the fortress filled in the arid environment, and the idiot that went to open it just HAD to drown. Now the idiot military is literally standing on his decayed skeleton and items and STILL can't find it, and they're all invisible to me in the 'l'ook screen despite beinga available on stocks, so I can't clean it up or reclaim his pick until my militia men figure out how to raise their eyelids.

I have come upon a more pressing dilemma; I want to tame a honey badger I've captured. Should I use my least valuable dwarf to train him so nobody will miss them when the badger inevitably mauls them, or should I go all-out and risk losing my most experienced trainer in an attempt to keep the thing under control just long enough to breed and slaughter the semi-feral parent?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 08:27:20 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Thor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21710 on: April 07, 2012, 08:49:02 pm »

I've enabled labour for children as the fortress is down from 138 to 18 with 11 children. Think of it as a working vacation for the kids!  One which never ends. Ever.
Heroes Of My World.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21711 on: April 07, 2012, 09:01:05 pm »

What a wonderful little tantrum spiral it must have been! :D

I'm currently impressed by my rangers' novice skill at training our imported wolves and grizzly bears into war beasts. The (dis)Honorable Warrior of Storms has learned a thing or two about training bears and wolves, and will soon unleash a hurricane of teeth and claws upon the goblins! Each melee soldier will be accompanied by a war bear or wolf and the ranger squads will have armies of dogs to pin targets down for them.
I make Spellcrafts!

stormyseasons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21712 on: April 07, 2012, 10:41:59 pm »

Flushed out my second vampire without intending to, just by checking on my fortress mayor while he's making some cloth goods while a diplomat stands and waits... and then I see, that long, long, long list of former affiliations, and that white hair...

This would make the second or third time a vampire's gone after some leadership position or the other. Not that it saves them from emergency conscription with no weapons or armor during a siege... or being locked outside the fortress in the heat, with no clothes supplies, waiting for someone to come by and put them out of their misery...
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper GOLD - 475+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #21713 on: April 07, 2012, 10:44:34 pm »

After a long, long time nagging from the duchess, I have installed a prison. It has an artifact rope, table, chair and bed. The prisoner is happier than he has been while alive. He also gets a lot of visitors, since everyone wants to sit down and eat at that table and he has a lot of entries now at being happy to have talked to etc..... It's supposed to be a punishment, but meh, this works too.

edit:
previous post I had hatched a plan to make elves happy with me AND clearcut the whole map. The diplomat is calmly following my duchess, who is stalling, claiming to have work to do, untill I am finished. She does have work to do. She's a woodcutter. The elf diplomat is watching me butcher trees, but the elf civ will still be happy with me. Love this game.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 11:21:23 pm by Garath »
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21714 on: April 08, 2012, 12:40:18 am »

Sabreheals struck the first cavern layer.

Blast. No water.

Double blast. No gems.

Triple blast. The miner won't be able to get down there without micromanagement; it's like a mountain within a giant cavern in there.

Also, I found this weird:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21715 on: April 08, 2012, 12:45:16 am »

Sabreheals struck the first cavern layer.

Blast. No water.

Double blast. No gems.

Triple blast. The miner won't be able to get down there without micromanagement; it's like a mountain within a giant cavern in there.

Also, I found this weird:
You've been taken over by goblins. Build a mountainhome and when the king arrives turn your most loyal warrior into an assassin, after killing the king he'll be flagged as hostileand quickly killed by the cadre that accompanies the king.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #21716 on: April 08, 2012, 01:22:27 am »

Won't that cause a loyalty cascade?
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21717 on: April 08, 2012, 01:49:31 am »

Won't that cause a loyalty cascade?
Assign the killers as a squad and station them. They'll clean each other up.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21718 on: April 08, 2012, 02:12:21 am »

I'm going to dupe the save so I can learn about him. He has a dwarven name, so I think it's more likely that we were once a goblin group that got replaced by dwarves.

Bartinyou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21719 on: April 08, 2012, 02:18:49 am »

Got my 3rd wave of immigrants totaling, 30 dwarfs, made 5 of them into furnace operators to get the steel industry started.  Mine out a furnace area over the magma sea, channel out 5 holes for the smelters and set them to building.  I alt tab for 15seconds to check the wiki and come back to 5 dead furnace operators sitting on the partially constructed smelters.

A few months later, loyalty cascade kills me before I can even get my first undead siege (embarked next to a tower).

Well this was a failfort.

Pages: 1 ... 1446 1447 [1448] 1449 1450 ... 3842