Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1431 1432 [1433] 1434 1435 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6107751 times)

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #21480 on: March 31, 2012, 07:37:09 pm »

OHMAHGAWD KOBOLD CAMP WHERE I EMBARKED SQUEEEE~
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21481 on: March 31, 2012, 08:09:29 pm »

Decided to give corrosion a try after numerous failed adventures that consisted of making a moving archery target/ stabing dummy for an mummified general, and as my humans are working, i have my farmer harvesting the various spider silks in this untamed wilds area. Then I see acroos my stream "Aww, adult humsn that are really just baby infected! How disgustingly cute." They're readily lucky I had no ranged weapons and only really have a pair of guys capable of being good soldiers.

I've also got an area I'm getting ready to mud up so I can start farming the next season so my poor humies will have enough to eat.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21482 on: April 01, 2012, 01:16:49 am »

My militia seems to be quite taken by the Dwarvenly sport of elephant boxing.
I would rather they killed the damned pachyderms that keep interrupting my woodcutters instead of using their heads as punching bags, but hey, beats sparring in barracks I guess...
::)

The fact the elephants aren't killing them makes me wonder: Do they show remorse for Boatmurdered?
Apparently they do. (After all, I think Boatmurdered was a major cause for the Great Pachyderm Nerf.)

Two of them did eventually get pissy enough to kill a dwarf and gain names, after having their trunks, ears and what-have-you- broken all the way to red by the relentless dwarwen punchery. Those two also just plain refused to die no matter how much you punched them, so I eventually had to recall the Elephant Beating Squads due to exhaustion and thirst.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #21483 on: April 01, 2012, 03:13:17 am »

My militia seems to be quite taken by the Dwarvenly sport of elephant boxing.
I would rather they killed the damned pachyderms that keep interrupting my woodcutters instead of using their heads as punching bags, but hey, beats sparring in barracks I guess...
::)

The fact the elephants aren't killing them makes me wonder: Do they show remorse for Boatmurdered?
Apparently they do. (After all, I think Boatmurdered was a major cause for the Great Pachyderm Nerf.)

Two of them did eventually get pissy enough to kill a dwarf and gain names, after having their trunks, ears and what-have-you- broken all the way to red by the relentless dwarwen punchery. Those two also just plain refused to die no matter how much you punched them, so I eventually had to recall the Elephant Beating Squads due to exhaustion and thirst.

wrestling elephants is a noble sport that is unfortunately dieing out due to natural selection. And yes, the elephants are trying to prevent a genocidal war being declared on them.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Ferrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21484 on: April 01, 2012, 05:44:50 am »

I just genned a new world with a dwarven civ that managed to conquer an entire goblin civilization due to a vampire as their general. Badass!

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21485 on: April 01, 2012, 06:33:49 am »

You have found an underground structure.... Interesting

fps at 40ish, just the way I like it. Weather is turned NO, but it's constantly raining, draining about 5 fps. Atom smashing a load of rubbish soon, see what that does. I just sent a gift worth aproximately 30.000 db to the elves because I have no clue what to do with it anymore!
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21486 on: April 01, 2012, 06:37:29 am »

I haven't built a trade depot.

A trader has gone insane and tried to kill his own guard, who killed him.

The trader rose as a vengeful ghost, battered a child and broke her spine.

Only in Dwarf Fortress.

arphen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21487 on: April 01, 2012, 06:51:19 am »

The undead necromancer stepped into my cage, and was promptly hauled over my refuse pile. ( tihnk that's what caused it anyway)
anyway we're now 2 goblin sieges and 2 caravans in, their numbers keep rising, i walled myself in.
im resorting to danger rooms and will equip a 10 man squad of speardwarves with mail shirts helmets boots gauntlets all of iron, then i make an airlock and send them out.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21488 on: April 01, 2012, 07:23:56 am »

yep, that is what happens if a necromancer sees a refuse pile

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21489 on: April 01, 2012, 07:41:42 am »

yep, that is what happens if a necromancer sees a refuse pile
Inspiration just struck. Why not let them into the refuse stockpile/pit intentionally, and give your marksdwarves infinite "live" training targets.

Don't leave them an exit, of course.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21490 on: April 01, 2012, 08:01:19 am »

Inspiration just struck. Why not let them into the refuse stockpile/pit intentionally, and give your marksdwarves infinite "live" training targets.

Don't leave them an exit, of course.
Many people have done just that. You can also raise mussel shells and let your militia fight them, they're so small that their attacks aren't even capable of bruising.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21491 on: April 01, 2012, 10:25:20 am »

A pack of 10+ kea men have gone marauding through my above ground fortress trying to loot the dorm rooms, when they corner a dwarf they inevitably get savagely beaten, retreat, and come back for more. It's actually pretty fun watching my doodz defend their things from an endless onslaught of thieving bird people.

Stil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21492 on: April 01, 2012, 10:44:26 am »

Caused a cave in to plug an underground river - though my miner was caught in it :/ She's alive but broken, no one is coming to help her though I have some nurses with recover wounded on and no other tasks :/

Edit: well everyone came running to her in the end - to fish, and chat :( She is now my first casualty on this embark.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 11:03:51 am by Stil »
"This in particular, simply because it's so siggable." Ironyowl

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21493 on: April 01, 2012, 12:07:33 pm »

Got some wagon-wood, thought it was a bit odd ... seems Dwarves Really like their wagons:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

talysman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21494 on: April 01, 2012, 12:27:35 pm »

Caused a cave in to plug an underground river - though my miner was caught in it :/ She's alive but broken, no one is coming to help her though I have some nurses with recover wounded on and no other tasks :/

Edit: well everyone came running to her in the end - to fish, and chat :( She is now my first casualty on this embark.
Well, hey, if you want to tell someone about your new pigtail sock, but they make some lame excuse like "Help me! I've lost me arms and legs!" sometimes you just have to make an effort yourself and go visit them.
Pages: 1 ... 1431 1432 [1433] 1434 1435 ... 3842