Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6109687 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #2085 on: April 09, 2010, 11:19:58 am »

Hahah- wait, what?

Combat reports? Wut?

I only have normal announcements... where you have those other? I don't see them...
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

PopeRichardCorey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: April 09, 2010, 11:22:30 am »

Combat reports: press "r".

I just let the goblin ambush squads into my second2010 fort.  I thought my meager militia could handle them...  and I realized they had failed to become properly equipped AGAIN.

So, as soon as the slaughter is over, I'm starting a new fort.  One where my entryway is a trap corridor.  I'll disassemble that once my militia gets its act together.

AND LOOK AT THAT ANOTHER AMBUSH APPEARED INSIDE MY FORT.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 11:25:31 am by PopeRichardCorey »
And when you build your fortress walls from the bones of skeletal elephants, slain my weapons forged from melted goblin plunder, fed on cattle that graze on grass that blinks.  Then, you will know dwarfdom.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: April 09, 2010, 11:37:06 am »

The millitary in this version is definitely less user-friendly than the previous one. I distinctly remember having far less trouble when I was messing with the old one for the first time. It is a lot better though, now that you can assign uniforms and give individual kill orders. The main feature I want back is the ability to just say "Axedwarf", and the dwarf will pick up an axe and spar/slaughter. Now you have to go through a whole bunch of menus do do much of anything...
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

jarganaut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: April 09, 2010, 11:45:30 am »

After finally getting a hang of the new military system along with the arsenal dwarf and training problems and somehow dealing with the super influx of immigrants... a humanoid titan rampaged around my main stair case and killed 100 some odd of my dwarves.  Talk about completely unprepared.... I had barely begun armor production for the militia and really only had training spears and a few crossbows.  Stupid thing finally died after exhaustion from killing everything in sight.

He helped cull a lot of my population though.

Fidelius

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: April 09, 2010, 12:02:46 pm »

Finally decided to play the "2010" release.

My fort just survived 1 year, just the time i breached to the cavern system.

Dwarves went amok when a pair of "elk birds" got into main hall, a Benny Hill pursuit later, they had been destroyed.

Just when i was closing the access to the terrible underworld, and oakman or something like that abused of all my military (three dwarves without armor due to lack of control of the military screen) and ended killing some civilians.

I kinda like the release.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: April 09, 2010, 12:12:45 pm »

Finally decided to play the "2010" release.

My fort just survived 1 year, just the time i breached to the cavern system.

Dwarves went amok when a pair of "elk birds" got into main hall, a Benny Hill pursuit later, they had been destroyed.

Just when i was closing the access to the terrible underworld, and oakman or something like that abused of all my military (three dwarves without armor due to lack of control of the military screen) and ended killing some civilians.

I kinda like the release.

Same here. Those caves are pretty dangerous. Unfortunately, in a place where you don't have any water, they're also the only way to survive. You used to be able to put down farm plots and make booze for your dwarves to drink, but now you need mud to place plots, even on dirt (even above ground! Perhaps it's a bug...). F***ing elk birds decided to hang out beside my farm plot and scare everyone away, and then cave swallow men slaughtered the millitary half of my fortress.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: April 09, 2010, 12:13:08 pm »

Butchered the Marsh Titan. All 352 units of meat rotted before anyone could do anything with them. Still waiting on somebody to finish rendering the stack of 95 globs of fat, and it's not helping that it automatically shot it to the highest clutter level.

Also had the baby of one of the troops who lost her leg fighting it die of thirst. And my mayor has mandated horn silver, which I don't have.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: April 09, 2010, 12:52:54 pm »

Spoiler: Major Spoilers (click to show/hide)

Wolfius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: April 09, 2010, 02:13:16 pm »

Well, the guy's dead, buried in a rather fine tomb off the Flux Quarry, but my command of the military's hit a bit is a snag, as the new recruits aren't quite training right, and everyone's gone from perfectly equipped when I had the three, to slap-dash now I have 8. I'm thinking I'll have to forbid all non-steel armour and weapons, then go through the inventories and make sure noone is hogging equipment.

What do you need five steel battleaxes for? That stuff doesn't grow on trees!

And a second forgotten beast showed up. And half my military is in the hospital. God knows how that marksdwarf got a guts injury when he was never near anything hostile. Atleast they're training, but they waste all my ammo regardless of allocation, so there's never any left when the gobbos show up.

The no-longer-mayor acting like he's still got his position is also irksome. I already reassigned his spiffy quarters/dining room/office to the new mayor. I think he might volunteer for Hazard Mining if he keeps it up - it's not like I need a skilled gem cutter.

Same here. Those caves are pretty dangerous. Unfortunately, in a place where you don't have any water, they're also the only way to survive. You used to be able to put down farm plots and make booze for your dwarves to drink, but now you need mud to place plots, even on dirt (even above ground! Perhaps it's a bug...).

I had no problem farming above ground on soil.

Tho you don't need to farm - you can import plenty of food and booze and animals. I'm sure the elves would be "happy" to supply your expedition.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: April 09, 2010, 02:50:22 pm »

Snodub: Come any closer and the baby gets it!
Kadol: RAAARGH!

The Goblin Thief stabs The Dwarven Baby in the right lower arm with her ({large copper dagger}), tearing apart the muscle!
A sensory nerve has been severed!
The ({large copper dagger}) has lodged firmly in the wound!
The Goblin Thief loses hold of the ({large copper dagger}).
The militia commander hacks The Goblin Thief in the head with her (silver battle axe) and the severed part sails off in an arc!

I love combat reports so much. <3
Dude, I wonder if that baby will grow up without the use of it's arm. It would be so cool if it did!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

MooUK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: April 09, 2010, 02:55:04 pm »

Well, my dwarves survived their nine month ordeal camping outside and sleeping in a wooden hut like ELVES... and finally the caravan from home turned up. They had enough cheap bars of metal to get my metal works up and running, and my smith is now mass producing copper picks. Strike the earth!

(My dwarves are all getting pretty damn decent at carpentry, in the mean time. And a single bin of wood crafts sold for over twelve hundred...)

LordShotGun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: April 09, 2010, 03:13:17 pm »

For some reason my dwarfs are scared sh**less of a certain blood snake (seriously its made of blood) forgotten beast who is aproxamatly 10 LEVELS OF SOLID STONE BENEATH THEM WITH NO WAY FOR IT TO PATH TO THEM!!!

Ahem...yeah im tired of getting spammed with urist mcstupid cancels sleep; interupted by forgotten beast
Must... eat... demon raaaaaaat! ARGLEBARGLEBARGLEBARGLE *CRASH* OMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

Tastes like... SAAAATAAAAAAAN!

chrisinajar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: April 09, 2010, 03:24:43 pm »

My expedition leader fell into a channel, so my miners stood perfectly still for a wicked long time before I realized they were almost dead... I made a ramp for the leader to get out, and the second it was completed they all ran towards the water post haste, because they were all dieing.... as a reminder, only the leader was stuck, the miners were just standing in a field next to the channel dieing.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: April 09, 2010, 03:26:16 pm »

Well, the guy's dead, buried in a rather fine tomb off the Flux Quarry, but my command of the military's hit a bit is a snag, as the new recruits aren't quite training right, and everyone's gone from perfectly equipped when I had the three, to slap-dash now I have 8. I'm thinking I'll have to forbid all non-steel armour and weapons, then go through the inventories and make sure noone is hogging equipment.

What do you need five steel battleaxes for? That stuff doesn't grow on trees!

And a second forgotten beast showed up. And half my military is in the hospital. God knows how that marksdwarf got a guts injury when he was never near anything hostile. Atleast they're training, but they waste all my ammo regardless of allocation, so there's never any left when the gobbos show up.

The no-longer-mayor acting like he's still got his position is also irksome. I already reassigned his spiffy quarters/dining room/office to the new mayor. I think he might volunteer for Hazard Mining if he keeps it up - it's not like I need a skilled gem cutter.

Same here. Those caves are pretty dangerous. Unfortunately, in a place where you don't have any water, they're also the only way to survive. You used to be able to put down farm plots and make booze for your dwarves to drink, but now you need mud to place plots, even on dirt (even above ground! Perhaps it's a bug...).
Forbidding isn't necessary. Just make a uniform with the specific class of armor you want them to use. (If you have a lot of bronze armor, specify bronze, if you have iron, specify iron)
I had no problem farming above ground on soil.

Tho you don't need to farm - you can import plenty of food and booze and animals. I'm sure the elves would be "happy" to supply your expedition.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: April 09, 2010, 05:50:24 pm »

I was making a flat wall to dig into right when I embarked.  After digging it out I channeled out the thin layer of dirt left over on the Z-level above.  One of my miners, being a smartypants, was on the wrong side and broke an arm, a leg, and her lower spine.  She was okay, but late that summer I was making a farm, and when I dug into the pond to water the ground there was a bloodsplosion.  This pond was nowhere near where the miner fell, but as soon as the pond was breached this torrent of said miner's blood poured out, mixed in with the water.  It was bizarre.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 3842