Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1387 1388 [1389] 1390 1391 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6121087 times)

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #20820 on: March 18, 2012, 12:53:28 pm »

A friendly marksdwarf arrived for no reason. I'm going to assume he's supposed to be a caravan guard but that the caravan itself isn't coming; ergo, siege time. Kind of like when the HUman diplomat arrived without the human caravan.

Edit; a decent fellow though, as he's shooting them damn ravens. Also, Balathraygus the kobold was spotted near where I had some marksdwarfs 'training.' They let loose.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 01:09:33 pm by FrisianDude »
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Henrik Undrgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20821 on: March 18, 2012, 01:00:41 pm »

Had a double ambush comprised of seven swordgobbos and seven lashergobbos.Lost an angry recruit and my ledgendery fisherdwarf :'(.Reading the combat reports(Because they all have masterwork weapons and im seeing which one will get a name first) I cant help but notice that my adamantine spear is doing some serious damage each and every time it hits.Now I know it should but compared to the masterwork steel axes, which cleave and hew, its great.Every stab went internal.If it was a limb, the bone was fractured and if it was center mass, organs got pierced.Even skulls smashed under the onslaught.The masterwork warhammer was a bit of a dissapointment though.It did have one kill more but short of a head blow damage was minimal to anywhere else compared to the other weapons.I also have 50 wardogs but they sat still and did bugger all( the buggers >:() and the human caravan guards I think were just taking bets on the fight ::).

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20822 on: March 18, 2012, 01:07:24 pm »

The militia captain "Nudity" McDwarf has become enraged!

"Nudity" McDwarf, Militia Captain cancels Store Item: too injured x5000

"Nudity" McDwarf is no longer enraged.

Nudity McDwarf has been struck down.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20823 on: March 18, 2012, 01:22:45 pm »

Got the entrance flood defense system working. Only problem with it is that is spills out of the current walls. Instead of a traditional castle-style wall surrouding my entrance, I'm going for what I'll call a Battle Pyramid. Which can be flooded.

Had a Bronze Colossus come by. Killed two axedwarves, while they only managed to dent and fracture it. In the meantime I got steel spears for the spear squad, and when they showed up, they completely ripped the colossus apart. To deal the the unhappiness from the deaths, I used its carcass to build a statue garden.

I've also been getting spam from a farmer who claims to be crippled(no current injuries, just old scars, and he supposedly heals quickly) due to a Kea Man attack, about not being able to store an owned item. Turns out that item was a shoe that belonged to a vampire I executed. The shoe was destroyed when I executed another vampire.

And why, why is my fort named Virginbodies?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20824 on: March 18, 2012, 01:54:34 pm »

Ehm. WTF? I didn't do this

This guy probably got maimed during worldgen... and then apparently decided that "'tis only a flesh wound" and to go on ambushing.

Also, in the same series of events:
-Three ambushes showing up at the same time with ambushing necromancers, with two necroes being killed and the third fleeing.
-A flyer going through the volcanic chimney into the forge area to be shot at with ice spikes and landing in a fractured heap.
-The militia commander going into battle without his sword (derp...), killing two lashers mainly by bashing them with his shield, and driving the others away before giving in to pain.

Also, I think this was the first time I saw a flyer lose consciousness in mid-air and blow apart on impact.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 02:15:02 pm by Valikdu »

pivole

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:gut-rotting brews]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20825 on: March 18, 2012, 02:08:42 pm »

I have bought shame to dwarfkind. I abandoned a fortress with a population which was not all crippled.
After four hundred deaths, and having to deal with the sheer amounts of corpses and spent ammunition, I thought "Nashonshash, I'm off".
I'll be back with some fresh bodies and armament in a month or so. This ever-harried headland is important for keeping control over these straits of the rainy sea. Even if it is only garrisoned by an average of ten living people. Why else would the goblins attack in platoon strength?
Splatterbreached will live once more!
For glory, Godde and gold in the Virginia Company!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20826 on: March 18, 2012, 02:16:47 pm »

A mass of cages, secure farms, plenty of war dogs and a cat cage land mine, yaks, pigs, and water buffalo for milk in abundance, mountains of cloth from the slaughtered elf caravan and purchased from the dwarves with gold crafts and items from said dead elves, and the failed goblin attack, oh and chickens for meat and eggs to supplement all the suicidal item snatchers who arrive and promptly plummet to thier deaths (got sick of keas making off with my weapons in the depot so I removed thier flier tag.)

My army is armored in precious metals (gold and silver. Seriously I had to mod them to make armor cause I was drowning in the stuff.) and best of all, I only have 9 childeren, 7 of whom were all born in the fortress. Mostly to soldiers, but it proves useful for killing snatchers for thier goblinite. They try to make off with a baby, mommy proptly chainswords off thier limbs and takes baby back after kicking his skull in.

Oh, and I sacrificed a live goblin hammerman, three goblin skeltons, a freshly chainsworded kobold and two elf skeletons to the volcano to please Armok, and I house my dead in solid gold sarcophogi. Currently there is only one dead dwarf (Which must mean my sacrifices did indeed please Armok) though, so the other tombs are empty.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #20827 on: March 18, 2012, 02:46:33 pm »

My silk industry is booming!
brown recluse spider silk in great supply and great demand. Funny enough, noone wants it.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20828 on: March 18, 2012, 02:55:58 pm »

Goblin mace squad attacked while some workers were out gathering plants and wood felled nearly three years ago. A pet goose has been killed, but amazingly Armok has willed none of my dwarves to die this day thus far. In response to the attack, the fishery workers, mayor, and two hebalists amazingly bolted too the fortress rather than away from it's safty and soldiers like a bunhc of fuckin' idiots.

The 5 dwarf strong squad "The Sunken Floors" with silver Gladii in hand and golden (litarally) armor wrapped around them, have gone to meet the threat. Already one has had the motor nerves in his right leg severed, and the sheer force behind the +Silver Gladius+ also shattered the femur.

His ally came to aid him only to have the squad sergeant stab his hand and, in yanking it from the goblin hide, took the hand with his blade. He then had his other hand severed by a slash from the Sergent's subordinate, and has given to pain and lost his mace whilst his crippled ally tries to run. and more macegoblins come to join the fray.

I shall report the no doubt to be gruesome results after the rest of the battle.

EDIT I: I now have a crippled gladiusdorf, and have already ordered a crutch be made so she can stand again. On macegoblin has had his head smashed in with a gold shield, and the rest of the macegob squad is either running or regrouping. I can't tell.

EDIT II: Looks like I'm about to have my first battle death. Such a shame really. How his brain went undamaged is beyonde me with a shattered skull.

EDIT III: Final update of the battle. One gladiusdorf has died on the battle line, but with her went one goblin. A third is now cirppled and disarmed and has 4 vengeful and armed dwarves bearing down on him.

Final score:
Dwarves:
1 wounded, 1 dead.
Goblins: 3 escaped, 3 dead.

Stil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20829 on: March 18, 2012, 03:18:00 pm »

Doing alright - was worried about no gobbos or FBs as it's nearly the end of my third year and I have lots of wealth and about 100 pop but then a few snatchers came and got dismantled by my dogs and trap corridor so that's ok. Need to check if the FB's were wiped out though.
"This in particular, simply because it's so siggable." Ironyowl

crazyjake56

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20830 on: March 18, 2012, 03:29:38 pm »

So my guys are digging into the ground, establishing bedrooms adding more stockpiles while giant animals continue to roam outside. First there was a giant skunk that was getting to be pretty close to the entrance. Thankfully, it just passed through, no harm done. But now there is a giant dingo at the edge of the map. Because a zombie apocalypse wasn't enough concern.
edit: guess it's a pack.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 03:34:49 pm by crazyjake56 »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20831 on: March 18, 2012, 03:37:05 pm »

ANother goblin attack came while we were trying to bring in Gladius (Dead gladiusdorf. Original, I know.) and our little goblinite haul, this time a hammer squad led by a pikegob.

First to make contact was a speardorf who happened to eb topside when I activated all enlisted dorfs. She stabbed a charging hammergob in the leg, and then in the head. I was all "Wait, wtf just happened?" when the goblin just dropped dead. As everyone charged, a speardorf who was hauling Gladius', well, gladius  did this after slicing the nerves in his leg:

The battle isn't over, but the gladius squad sergeant lopped his lower arm off.

My dwarves must have really been fond of Gladius. Oh, and one was taken prisoner and will be sacrificed to Armok when the fighting is over.

Koremu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20832 on: March 18, 2012, 03:41:56 pm »

The Dwarven Kiss is even nastier than the glaswegian variant.

Anyhow, my fort...

what's mostly going on is a Dog Leather industry at the minute

And Dog Roast
It's a dwarf.  Their natural habitat is "trapped on the wrong side of a wall".

Flinging children halfway across the map to land in magma is good, wholesome fun, but extramarital reproduction?  Why, that's just unseemly!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20833 on: March 18, 2012, 03:48:14 pm »

Just cage trapped my whole cavern exits. Now I have caught a GCS, a giant cave swallow, a gorlak, a cave dragon and a giant bat in 2 days.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20834 on: March 18, 2012, 03:49:42 pm »

Battle ended, with a few injuries mostly in the form of nerve damage.

Final tally is a dead baby and a dead gladiusdorf from the previous battle.

All but 2 goblins were captured or slain, and thier remains will be given unto Armok in the fires of the volcano.
Pages: 1 ... 1387 1388 [1389] 1390 1391 ... 3842