Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1371 1372 [1373] 1374 1375 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6095474 times)

MehMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #20580 on: March 13, 2012, 02:51:19 pm »

First migrant wave has arrived. A novice fish dissector, and his wife, a record keeper. And their 5 children. And a cloud of infernal ash.

melomel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20581 on: March 13, 2012, 03:45:48 pm »

I got a dorf-gone-missing notice, and discovered the body of a weaver in z-stocks.  (I'm guessing that's the dead/missing bug people mentioned, since the weaver happened to be on a dorm bed in the middle of the freakin' dining hall!)

The likeliest suspect was ordered to wall himself inside the foundations of a planned sentry tower.

He has only one relationship:  a passing acquaintance with the dead dwarf's husband.  Snerk.
I HAVE THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND CRAFT ITEMS. I WILL TRADE THEM ALL FOR CHEESE.
7+7

HD23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20582 on: March 13, 2012, 05:07:18 pm »

I just had something weird happen.

Human caravan came, and was ambushed by goblins, human guards quickly killed 4 goblins
and the rest of them ran off and the human traders reached my depot and started unpacking.

In the fight, one merchant Yak was wounded by arrows, and while my dorfs were hauling stuff
to the depot, the Yak goes stark raving mad and gets captured in one of my cage traps.
Immediately, the humans stop trading, pack their stuff and leave the fort.

The caged yak has a lot of goods with him in the cage, and I can dump it/use it, whatever.

I hope Humans don't start sieging me now in the apocalyptic Human-Dwarf Yak revenge War

EDIT: And now I get "the human merchants are leaving soon" message,
long after they already left the map.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 05:32:20 pm by HD23 »

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20583 on: March 13, 2012, 06:13:43 pm »

1) have a dwarf haul the cage to a stockpile
2) along the way, trap the dwarf in a cage trap
3) repeat
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20584 on: March 13, 2012, 06:14:46 pm »

My tower is finally past the ground level, xbow, ammo storage, armory and barracks levels, goblin thieves are coming in massive waves it seems, and my armorers mood failed despite having every type of cloth, plenty of wood, plenty of different kinds of smelted bars, and a huge variety of both cut and uncut gems.

Yet still he just sat there until he went berserk, I had everything he needed and it was all accessible and within a short distance of his shop.

Oh well, I lose a legendary armorer basically, it double sucks because my last dorf caravan couldn't come because I had a siege. YEAR FOUR HERE WE COME

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20585 on: March 13, 2012, 06:20:16 pm »

I just saw my militia commander take some meat out the front gate to the guard cougar.

...I did not realize carnivore animals had to eat...
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20586 on: March 13, 2012, 06:26:37 pm »

Welp, after a little incident involving a drawbridge and some poor planning on my part, my coastal fortress ended in a blood bath. Self-inflicted due to a little slip up with my military.

Note to self: Check to see if a kid is by the bridge before you open it, and don't assume all failed moods will cause flat berzerking....

daggerbite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Daggerbite
« Reply #20587 on: March 13, 2012, 06:31:08 pm »

We are now 2 sieges into The War of Traps. Score is 3 goblins and four trolls dead.
No dwarf-death yet just a single dog.

Oh and some humans
And a donkey or two

And some elves
Welcome to Daggerbite, a lovely place where we murder and eat magpies.
Killing minotaurs, forgotten beasts and giant cave spiders is all in a days work

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #20588 on: March 13, 2012, 10:42:49 pm »

I embarked near a tower, i wanted to take revenge for a previous fortress disaster involving an undead siege that turned very badly.

For a whole year nothing, despite wealth was going very nicely, not even a single goblin or kobold.
Then one day "intruders !" ? never noticed this message in my previous forts, as usually there's the mention of the snatcher or thieves, but "intruders" ?
I checked and my cage trap got 3 of those "intruders", the last one got slashed to death by my competent military.

It was .... 4 necromancers that were trying to sneak into my fort without any of their usual very large undead army.
I got a book from one of them (that has a very low value, not even something awesome)

The most disapointing attack from a nearby tower i ever had.
And i just noticed that there's no goblin civ, i was sure there was one when i embarked, is it possible a goblin civ just disappear during gameplay ?
And if so, will there be a goblin civ appearing at some point or will my only source of danger coming from digging very deep (as after the 4 necromancers got caught, i doubt the tower will be of any kind of danger anymore) ?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #20589 on: March 13, 2012, 10:45:27 pm »

Replying to myself : yes, i just had the message of a snatcher (that got caught by one of my trap).
And in the Civilization panel, there is now a Goblin civ listed.
I wonder why it wasn't there since the beginning ?

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20590 on: March 13, 2012, 11:09:00 pm »

Climaxpaddled was abandoned after I decided trying to engineer a water mains and power conduits for a reservoir and a perpetual waterfall below the caverns was too much of a hassle.

Now focusing on creating a workable "central shaft with double helix ramps" design... Iteration #4 on that shall start later today. (The previous iterations had some usability and build priority issues.)
Note to Self: Still need to start by punching a hole for farms and refuse stockpile in the dirt layer, lest the dorfs go hungry and miserable...
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #20591 on: March 13, 2012, 11:25:20 pm »

Great, just great.
To avoid having to build dozen of stockpiles for all the crafts my very good stoneworkers can produce (lot of masterpieces) i have lot of bin to stock all the crafted item inside.

All was good, a human caravan was coming, just when i needed.
Oh, the Mayor decided of a new mandate ?
Let's see what it is this time ... "Export of bin prohibited".

He's lucky that he is a very good axedwarf that i can use at some point, or i would have him trying to jump in the deep pit i finished to dig.

edit : good, i thought the simple fact of carrying the bins to the trade depot would put some "justice" on the traders back, but fortunately no, as long as you sell only the content and not the bin, it's apparently ok.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 11:40:36 pm by Robsoie »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20592 on: March 13, 2012, 11:57:31 pm »

Replying to myself : yes, i just had the message of a snatcher (that got caught by one of my trap).
And in the Civilization panel, there is now a Goblin civ listed.
I wonder why it wasn't there since the beginning ?

Civs won't show up on that list until they make contact with you.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

mikelon

« Reply #20593 on: March 14, 2012, 12:06:49 am »

I have effectively militarized my entire fort of 150 dwarves, im going to open the floodgates and let the siege of husks in and see what happens

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #20594 on: March 14, 2012, 12:13:29 am »

I forgot to quarantine my military after a werelizard attack, so after multiple transformations and a devastating tantrum spiral, my mayor sits cold an lonely in a room, trying to outlast a berserk dwarf who stands in the meeting hall. His only friend? A copper pick.
Pages: 1 ... 1371 1372 [1373] 1374 1375 ... 3842