Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1367 1368 [1369] 1370 1371 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6095001 times)

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #20520 on: March 11, 2012, 10:45:54 am »

Keas are stealing my armour. Steel greaves and a boot lost. I've also given two artifact pieces of clothing to my militia commander (an artifact toga) and my melee militia captain with five kills (and no relationships) got an artifact mitten.

I hate keas. They stole an entire stock of weapons I had made to start my militia with while veryone was diggin or getting food/drink. How the hell they can even lift an iron word is beyond me.
It gripped it by the pommel!

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20521 on: March 11, 2012, 10:51:48 am »

Oh Gods! Migration Wave of 31!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20522 on: March 11, 2012, 10:54:08 am »

A migrant arrived on map and immediately collapsed, all bodyparts yellow and missing a leg.  Immediately afterwards a migrant stepped over him on his way into the map with the looks of an Urist McTotallyNotAVampire.

I know they are not actually related to one another in any way and it was totally a coincidence but still...way to be subtle game.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20523 on: March 11, 2012, 12:39:31 pm »

I'm experiencing a cowsplosion.
There's at least 25 cows and bulls inside my soon-to-be plantation.

In other news, I'm making Mobbedghouls into an arms factory.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

olopi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20524 on: March 11, 2012, 12:41:13 pm »

Lost a fort to a tantrum spiral which had raptors in it, luckly a dorf managed to pull the "flood fort from above and under" Levers and the whole fort exept a vamp drowned
Dwarves use their beards to influence the adamantite to change form. A dwarves beard is specialized in his job, therefore a legendary miner has a much better mining beard then a legendary weaponsmith, who has a beard that influences metals to make armor much more.
This also explains why dwarves can have a city on just a soap pillar, the beard of the soapmaking dwarf causes the soap to become rigid.

daggerbite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Daggerbite
« Reply #20525 on: March 11, 2012, 01:05:16 pm »

Just had a siege of gobbos and trolls. Gobbos had shooters - meant we couldn't snipe them - and the trolls made a bee-line for my doors.

What ensued was a hilarious game of "build walls and doors faster than the trolls, or die".

They brought more trolls - we built more doors and narrow corridors.
They battered down doors - we built large serrated blade traps at chokepoints behind the doors.

Finally the trolls and their goblin lackeys battered down the last door leading to the traps. They came in for a taste of our legendary Daggerbite hospitality. We fed them silver bladed traps and gave them bodyparts. They loved it!
So much so they ran home to tell their friends!
Welcome to Daggerbite, a lovely place where we murder and eat magpies.
Killing minotaurs, forgotten beasts and giant cave spiders is all in a days work

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20526 on: March 11, 2012, 02:03:05 pm »

Earlier, I had a rattlesnake in my fort. He got killed after killing a dog with single bite. Efficient poison.

A few months later, the Elf caravan showed up.

They brought a tame rattlesnake and a king cobra.

Ssssssssssnaaaaake pit!

It's a pity (haw) I didn't catch the bushmaster that was slithering around.

I hope later elves bring more, maybe a breathing pair.

Also; science. Toady seems to have done his research as both venoms work differently. The king cobra bit a gray langur, causing dizziness, paralysis and severe drowsiness whereas the rattlesnake (the wild one that bit the war dog earlier) seemed to have caused a more direct death.

Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

Portalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20527 on: March 11, 2012, 02:26:29 pm »

So I caught a dragon.

YES

WAR DRAGON FUCK YEAH

The dragon did kill a trader who was wandering around, though...so I should probably wait until Toady releases the exotic animal fixes.

EDIT: And then a cave spider appears and webs my entire military.
Sigh.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 02:39:56 pm by Portalboat »

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20528 on: March 11, 2012, 02:57:36 pm »

Well, I just started my first fort in .34.  I had a necromancer siege in the first year.  There were two necromancers, an elf and a human.  Fortunately, as it was only my first year, I didn't actually have any corpses for them to reanimate.  Also fortunately, the caravan happened to be there at the same time, and the guards quickly dispatched both necromancers.

In my second year, I found a body drained of blood.  The vampire was pretty easy to find, as he had a ridiculously long list of former civilizations and family members.  He's currently serving his jail time, which has around 150 days left as of the start of the third year.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20529 on: March 11, 2012, 04:19:20 pm »

Vicious unprovoked Goblin attack! 4 crossbow, one bow. They execute a furnace operator. Another crossbow shows up. An axe-ambush shows up.

They cause 7-8 kills and a grievous wound and generally bugger off again. Some are caught and slowly, too slowly, bludgeoned to death by a wood-equipped militia. Ffff.

Oh, and 5 snatchers while this was going on. And I was still working on my hospital water supply.

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20530 on: March 11, 2012, 04:36:09 pm »

Following the creation of Litez Uling, the Sorcerous Crazes, an adamantine shortsword, an attempt to cage the dead went awry, leading to a massive tantrum spiral.  Maddened with thirst, Momuz Ochrescorch dismantled the wall separating him from the living to discover there were no more living.  Now he buries the dessicated dead, at least, those that don't stalk the halls of Anviltribes.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20531 on: March 11, 2012, 05:22:18 pm »

First mood failed. Berserk.
Second mood, bone carver. Kea man bone bin.
Third mood failed. Stark raving mad.
Fourth mood, bone carver. Goblin bone throne. Badass. Fuck you goblins.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20532 on: March 11, 2012, 05:23:31 pm »

First mood failed. Berserk.
Second mood, bone carver. Kea man bone bin.
Third mood failed. Stark raving mad.
Fourth mood, bone carver. Goblin bone throne. Badass. Fuck you goblins.

A pair of goblin bone doors flanked by goblin bone stsatues, and the insult will be complete.

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20533 on: March 11, 2012, 05:27:19 pm »

The guy who made it liked spears so I was hoping for a goblin bone spear (with yak horn) but this is awesome too.

Too bad my broker died in the goblin attacks so I don't know its value.

Also, the first succesful mood was a bone doctor, this was my CMD.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20534 on: March 11, 2012, 05:37:27 pm »

Tons of goblin ambushes. One wiped out some of the human caravan (lovingly known as The Confederacy of Music) and my bowyer. My axelord took care of the rest.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.
Pages: 1 ... 1367 1368 [1369] 1370 1371 ... 3842