Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1365 1366 [1367] 1368 1369 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6094734 times)

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #20490 on: March 11, 2012, 01:35:31 am »

and are there some kind of mod to autosave like 10 minute or so?

You can set autosave to seasonal or yearly in d_init.txt, inside of the data/init/ folder from your main DF directory.

As for my newest fortress, Duneshoot:

A huge crowd of these guys showed up. The growing militia and hunters (which there are currently 15 of, training to be marksdwarves) had a field day.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20491 on: March 11, 2012, 02:02:13 am »

****, I tried to carry the cyclops cage to the trade depot, but it escaped (or perhaps the stupid dwarves thought I want the cage only and let the cyclops out).
 :'(
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Baby_Slaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20492 on: March 11, 2012, 02:15:12 am »

and are there some kind of mod to autosave like 10 minute or so?
You can set autosave to seasonal or yearly in d_init.txt, inside of the data/init/ folder from your main DF directory.
one season is too long for me, especially when crash tend to happen when season change or immigrant came.

****, I tried to carry the cyclops cage to the trade depot, but it escaped (or perhaps the stupid dwarves thought I want the cage only and let the cyclops out).
i don't think we can sell pets yet (can we?)
the only time i sell my cage is when one of my dwarf killed by goblin and get trapped inside the cage, there seems no way to bury him or at least let the corpse out, so i sell the cage :p
and i can't melt it, because it made of wood.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20493 on: March 11, 2012, 02:20:37 am »

Fortunately the Cyclops only killed an useless military commander who retired from a squad a while back and was assigned to load the catapult.

The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20494 on: March 11, 2012, 02:43:20 am »

the only time i sell my cage is when one of my dwarf killed by goblin and get trapped inside the cage, there seems no way to bury him or at least let the corpse out, so i sell the cage :p

You can 'dump' stuff from a cage.  Either use 'k' and enter a bit until you are focused on the corpse, then 'd', or else use designated dumping to dump the entire cage and everything in it (live stuff stays inside, but gets stripped if there's eq)
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20495 on: March 11, 2012, 03:10:42 am »

Known issue. Marking a cage for trade will always make the hauler release the contents.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20496 on: March 11, 2012, 03:52:18 am »

You can 'dump' stuff from a cage.  Either use 'k' and enter a bit until you are focused on the corpse, then 'd', or else use designated dumping to dump the entire cage and everything in it (live stuff stays inside, but gets stripped if there's eq)

Later I had another issue, another cage trap caught a dwarf mother who went berserk, as well as her baby.
So when I check the content of the cage, there's dwarf baby listed there. And in the unit list screen, the baby is tagged as caged.

So should I let them rot there or there're other tricks?

Baby_Slaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20497 on: March 11, 2012, 04:03:24 am »

already try that but you know..
at least then i know that you can't sell live animal (dwarf) but you can sell animal/dwarf corpse inside cage.

and no, there are no ghost.

Phansom

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20498 on: March 11, 2012, 04:43:08 am »

Just got brutally mauled by a raised mussel shell and two water buffalo skeletons.  Near the start of the game (only 19 dwarves), so I had 0 weapons (except a few wooden sparring weapons).  Had to create a military out of ten random dwarves and send them, untrained, at the enemy.  Before I know it, nine in the squad are dead, as well as the raised animals.  The surviving squadie goes insane and kills himself from having all of his friends die before his eyes.  Cheery.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20499 on: March 11, 2012, 04:54:55 am »

I'm reading the game log.

The Cyclops charges at The Stray Cat!
The Cyclops punches The Stray Cat in the right front leg with her left hand, shattering the bone!
The Cyclops collides with The Stray Cat!
The Stray Cat is knocked over and tumbles backward!
The Cyclops grabs The Stray Cat by the right front paw with her left hand!
The Cyclops punches The Stray Cat in the head with her right hand, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing apart the brain!
The Stray Cat has been knocked unconscious!

Sigh, I wonder how a giant grab kitten by the paw and punch its head.  :o

Edit*

The Cyclops bites The Ranger n in the tongue, tearing apart the left cheek's skin through the (pig tail fiber cloak)!
The Cyclops shakes The Ranger n around by the tongue and the severed part sails off in an arc!
The tongue is ripped away and remains in The Cyclops's grip!

WTF, and I know now why I found a tongue on the floor.

The Cyclops grabs The Ranger n by the upper right back teeth with her left lower arm!

So the giant grabs everything it finds. LOL
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 05:13:06 am by utunnels »

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20500 on: March 11, 2012, 05:04:46 am »

Oh, I can still put them to work via the Therapist, but it's still a bit odd. Doesn't even matter all that much.

edit: Also, I got a rattlesnake. It got past my outer door, past a war dog and then moved towards my actual front door. There it met a carpenter who wasn't gonna take no goddamn lip from no goddamn snake and punched it into paste. Grabbed it by the fang at one point and this was, as I later noticed, after it had bitten and killed a war dog.

My psycho dwarf attacked a rattlesnake by biting it. Afterwards he bashed a fang out with his crossbow too.

Bad. Ass.
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20501 on: March 11, 2012, 05:52:15 am »

Started my first coastal fort bordering a tropical ocean. My fisherdwarves will be the happiest sons of bitches in the entire fortress  thanks to all the mist it generates.

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20502 on: March 11, 2012, 05:56:29 am »

Awesome.

My fort is being attacked by Gray Langurs. They messed up a woodcutter and are now harassing a dwarven child, who is giving the best she has. My militia need to mobilise a bit faster though.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20503 on: March 11, 2012, 06:26:14 am »

Awesome.

My fort is being attacked by Gray Langurs. They messed up a woodcutter and are now harassing a dwarven child, who is giving the best she has. My militia need to mobilise a bit faster though.

I had a run in witrh giant ones. Didn't notice the giant part so that ended as badly as you'd expect.

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20504 on: March 11, 2012, 06:42:59 am »

Ouch harsh. These bastards caused some bruising and vomiting and a decent store of meat but that is all. The kea man afterwars was worse, mauled a war dog for a bit but lost.

ANYWAY. First mood. Militia Captain. Skilled macedwarf. Fey mood. Adequate tanner, leather works. Alright. Leather. Good.

Wants rock bars.

Rock bars.

I don't have metal yet! Dig my single (legendary) miner, dig! The poor sod worked himself through 40 layers of stone, phyllite, gabbro, marble, no ore. Moody dwarf gave birth to her fifth child. Dig more. Granite. Look for ores there!

No ore.

Baby dwarf crawled off on his own.

Continue digging!

Moody dwarf cancels mood. Went insane. Berserk. Fucking damnit.

She's the only dwarf in the little worker hall so I could lock her up but damn. An insane mother of 5 children and her husband. Good thing I locked her up because she's still one of the few fight-capable dwarves I have. Even though her club hasn't made as much kills as her sparring partner with his training axe she could still be dangerous.

Pages: 1 ... 1365 1366 [1367] 1368 1369 ... 3842