Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6110045 times)

Lalandrathon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #1995 on: April 05, 2010, 07:17:15 pm »

My wrestlers just knocked a marauding troglodyte into the bear pit. This should be fun.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: April 05, 2010, 07:27:21 pm »

Iden Ilidmeng, Armourer, cancels Store Item in Stockpile: Taken by mood.
Iden Ilidmeng, Armourer, withdraws from society...
Iden Ilidmeng has claimed a Metalsmith's Forge.
*Iden grabs iron, dolomite, cedar wood, dog leather, and dolomite block.*
Iden Ilidmeng has begun a mysterious construction.
*Iden works secretly...*

Annnd...

Iden Ilidmeng has created Taraniseth Ottanrithlut, a... iron shoe?!

Taraniseth Ottanrithlut, "Sharkquested the Mindful Wax", a iron shoe

This is a iron shoe. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of iron. The object is adorned with hanging rings of dog leather and menaces with spikes of cedar and dolomite.
On the item is an image of Sekur Gliderapid the human and Enthep Cleanedflight the human in dolomite. Enthep Cleanedflight is striking down Sekur Gliderapid. The artwork relates to the killing of the human Sekur Gliderapid by the human Enthep Cleanedflight in Ghoulwilts in The Smooth Crested Wall in 135 during Okgush Nashra, "The Assaults of Attacking".

Assaults of Attacking? Some war that must have been...
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: April 05, 2010, 08:14:31 pm »

the craftsdwarf stuff is currently strange in a way that a lot of things are created from iron. also got an iron artifact without iron in the grabbed materials ;) still, pretty weird :D

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: April 05, 2010, 09:43:04 pm »

I've got 2 sieges in a single year. First goblins attacked me with 2 squads of macemen. Then, next season they sent 2 squads of bowmen and 5 trolls. Funny, but these trolls were civvies, they are 'Troll trader', 'Troll brewer', 'Troll gem setter', 'Troll bowyer' and 'Troll woodcrafter'.
They toppled zinc bars at entrance, but were caught in cage traps behind. So i've got some nice trolls zoo now. Its sad we cant make them actually behave like slaves and do their jobs. Troll trader seems to be perfect one to do deals with elves.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: April 05, 2010, 10:15:47 pm »

Everyone's starving and unhappy, and I've had two children snatched by goblins.  But once I get this farm working, it'll all be good... maybe.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: April 05, 2010, 10:27:42 pm »

just found out you can dig up by accident from slaping a updown above me while I was searching for a magma lake by digging above it.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

stormyseasons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: April 06, 2010, 12:49:54 am »

just had the liason tell me that the whole colony is stinking rich, and the mountainhomes know it, and he's got the power to promote us up to barony, is there any one we might recommend as baron/baroness? the expedition leader got the job.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper GOLD - 475+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

RebelZhouYuWu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: April 06, 2010, 01:05:52 am »

After fending off wave after wave of elephant advances, things in my city had finally seemed to settle down until the goblins snatchers showed up.  One of my unarmed recruits thought it would be best to chase him down, getting quite a few good hits and bruising nearly all of the snatcher.  Then in a quick flash, the snatcher turned around and stabbed the recruit in the hand before running off the map, the injuries being too great to handle for my novice doctor, the quack quickly noted the severity of the wound before sending him back off to guard the city.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: April 06, 2010, 01:56:48 am »

Hi!

the craftsdwarf stuff is currently strange in a way that a lot of things are created from iron. also got an iron artifact without iron in the grabbed materials ;) still, pretty weird :D

I got exactly the same artifact story as well for my third artifact. At least, it was worth more than 4,800 :) :) :) It was the first child born in the fortress who had been four years old at the time, and he really gave me a scare as he sat in his workshop not starting the collection. He demanded body parts, leather, and cut gems. I had bins of leather (not even a leatherworkshop in the fortress, so all unharmed from trading and a few butcherings), and I also had bones and what not. I figured I had used up all cut gems so I hurriedly made a raw green glass job at the glass furnace (I should have simply checked my stockpiles first - there was still glass left (^_^;; ), but just as the job was about to be done by a dwarf, the youngster was on the move.
The solution to the riddle - he still insisted on turtle shell and had simply waited for one of my dwarves to clean one of those critters. I supposed the iron that came out of nothing (would have been available if he had wanted it, though) is kind of an apology for the scare he gave me.

Ah, and despite it being an iron artifact, he did turn into a legendary bone carver (skill-wise, he is still a red, now blinking, child).

In other news, I had a wild goat enter my wall-off surface section of the fortress (the only entrance being the road for the trade depot, which is not trapped yet). That wild goat had probably come to complain about the weapon traps outside, because it was seriously injured with several red entries, even for organs. I hoped it would drop dead on its own accord as I didn't want to get into the potential trouble of the military yet, but it toughed it out. To make matters worse, I was currently trading with the elves, so no help from the merchant guard either.

In the end, the goat left and instead went for a re-match with the weapon traps. And the weapon traps stayed victorious, and having scored the second victory on the goat followed the call of "Finish Him!".

Deathworks

Jong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: April 06, 2010, 02:06:35 am »

I'm collecting wood for my mad schemes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: April 06, 2010, 02:10:04 am »

Hi!

I'm collecting wood for my mad schemes.

Wow. I am also collecting wood at the moment, but only to avoid standard job cancellations.
You got a nice collection there already. Let's just hope no dwarf walks around there smoking :) :) :)

Deathworks

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: April 06, 2010, 02:31:26 am »

Goblins are really mad at me. They ambush and siege me non-stop 4th season in a row. And titan just paid me a visit too. It was flying beast and my military was already nearly destroyed (only 3 soldiers could still walk and handle weaps). But drafting miners in separate Miners Squad with picks saved the day. Legendary miner killed that titan with single blow to the head.
Having miners in squad with full plate armour helps alot, they can handle any nasties they meet while digging on their own now.

Gobbos finally seem to calm down after losing ~100 captives to the cages, so let the big slaughter begin! That should be fast way to raise new military.

gislegron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: April 06, 2010, 05:42:14 am »

The one-eyed and one armed elven liason of the dwarven traders have arrived again, but this time she is incredibly skinny instead of fat...

Teh Zip File

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: April 06, 2010, 05:46:33 am »

It won't die. It just won't DIE.

Both of its arms have been cut off now, its left foot, every other body part is either red or blue. Its killed 5 dogs with its mouth and ripped off 2 dwarf's arms. Over 3 hours of my dwarves attacking it, caravan guards attacking it, goblins attacking it..

It just... won't die.

pra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: April 06, 2010, 06:34:16 am »

No migrants, no dwarven caravans, stuck with 8 dwarves and a forgotten beast in the caverns. Had to seal the entrance, can't risk losing anyone. No meat, no fish, only plants, but plenty of it.
But! I have Adamantite! And there is more where it came from. Even if I can't get it due to the aforementioned beast
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 3842