Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1318 1319 [1320] 1321 1322 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6097443 times)

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #19785 on: February 23, 2012, 11:44:43 am »

im trying to make a hedgehog people farm, but I havent got any hedgehog childs...

is there any limits in the raws for it?
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19786 on: February 23, 2012, 12:07:01 pm »

A migrant milker went fey, grabbed iron bars and rough harlequin opals (I have like millions of them anyway) and then made a freaking iron ring. Meh.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #19787 on: February 23, 2012, 12:09:27 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I want those worldgen parameters. SO BADLY.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #19788 on: February 23, 2012, 12:16:12 pm »

It must one of those bugs that only happen one time in a decade even with  the same parameters.
Just autodumped and atomsmashed 15000 items  :D
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19789 on: February 23, 2012, 12:21:16 pm »

The tree hugging hippies came along. My military commander who is wielding a copper pick until I get a better weapon killed them.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

wanzerm23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • 6 plus - I play too many video games
« Reply #19790 on: February 23, 2012, 12:42:03 pm »

I'm pretty new to this game, so not a whole lot.  I'm struggling to get a secure source of fresh water, and trying to start a military to keep them damn goblins from stealing my babies!

I started blogging about it too.  www.6plusbb.blogspot.com

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19791 on: February 23, 2012, 12:48:04 pm »

Kosoth Zuglaredan, a stoneworker and miltiadorf was released from hospital recently. He promptly gave me two pages of "can't pick up equipment: too injured" so I temporarily put him out of the militia. He then went to clean himself, walked to a bar pile, to a piece of soap. And walked back. Walked to the soap. Walked back. He can no longer grasp. He can't pick up the soap.  :'(

So I forbade all soap and now he'll wash without soap, but then I still have to figure out what to do.

Edit; he can't do his stoneworking any more and I lost a decent swordsdwarf. :(

Poor bugger. Can't do anything anymore but walk around forlornly. Can't clean, can't store owned items.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 12:58:12 pm by FrisianDude »
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19792 on: February 23, 2012, 01:06:54 pm »

-snip-

you should make him a favour if he isnt reasonable (read: easy to please)
put him out of his pain, or make him socialize for the rest of his sorry life
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19793 on: February 23, 2012, 01:10:42 pm »

He seems to be bleeding to death due to infection. But I'm building a small contraption to either rehospitalize or kill him. Poor feller, him. :'(

Edit'Kosoth has bled to death. A Goblin Ambush came and killed Zuglar, a Fisherdwarf then tried to run away but we killed their leader, (a speargoblin named Smuntsu) and a macegoblin named Nako.

Edit2; a second ambush killed the trader Dastot Zuglartebul. Kosoth was named Kosoth Zuglaredan. And then there was Zuglar Shisonul. Lots of Zuglarring. :o
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 01:52:44 pm by FrisianDude »
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19794 on: February 23, 2012, 01:14:24 pm »

I just figured out the hard way that you can't expose a three-level aquifer in a freezing biome to the air... three embarks, lost a total of five miners before giving up on the site. I'll probably try again somewhere else, but... seriously, the miners keep jumping into the holes they just made and killing themselves when the water comes out and freezes... Doesn't even say they died, they simply disappear.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Burmalay

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry for my English
    • View Profile
« Reply #19795 on: February 23, 2012, 02:20:19 pm »

53 years of her vampire life & only 1 murder?
How can it be? =/

BTW
Her husband -

They was young but very productive =)
2 babies in 14! They were borne in 64 & 65.
& one interesting thing is - the dorfs maturation is only achieved when dorf gains 40 years old or so (I found out it in questionable source so...)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 02:25:02 pm by Burmalay »

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19796 on: February 23, 2012, 02:40:30 pm »

What is this I don't even?

Stupid lightsaber-lashers.

Lafo Ethithele, sword lord has been struck down.

Poor elf :(   And he had 43 kills to his name - most of them dwarves!
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Hatch Cover

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19797 on: February 23, 2012, 02:49:34 pm »

I'm pretty new to this game, so not a whole lot.  I'm struggling to get a secure source of fresh water, and trying to start a military to keep them damn goblins from stealing my babies!

I started blogging about it too.  www.6plusbb.blogspot.com
Awesome. Thanks for sharing this. I particularly like the pictures of your fort layout.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19798 on: February 23, 2012, 03:57:09 pm »

Um.

My fortress is on fire for some miscellaneous reason, and it's somehow spreading between z-levels.

I had a dwarf sit down to eat a !!Plump Helmet Roast!! and get roasted, too.  So now the dining hall, with lts large quantity of masterwork wooden furniture is burning too, and the carpenter just went berserk and punched the head of one of the elves off.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19799 on: February 23, 2012, 03:58:51 pm »

I have lost another fortress.  This one was well laid out, I was down to the first cavern for the first time, sending my military after critteres, to hone their skills, when my entire world succumbed to a pandemic.

By which I mean, my computer was inflicted with malware that requires extensive IT surgery. 

I suspect DF will not survive the experience.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
The great Dwarfen Philosopher Urist McConfused said it best:  "Light a kitten on fire and it will run screaming into the booze stockpile and catch the whole fort up.  I know, we tested it in twelve different forts and it always happened."
Pages: 1 ... 1318 1319 [1320] 1321 1322 ... 3842