Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1304 1305 [1306] 1307 1308 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6096611 times)

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #19575 on: February 21, 2012, 04:13:50 am »

poor woman, miscarriage
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #19576 on: February 21, 2012, 04:22:10 am »

Injuries to the lower body while pregnant can kill the baby.  Kind of a disturbing feature, but realistic.  If there's a way to see pregnant dorfs it'd probably be a good idea to keep them out of the military.

Apparently the animals in my fortress aren't getting along.  The horses and bulls have been wrestling a lot lately but nothing serious, just mild bruising.  Just now though, they went all out on a pet sheep, knocking her teeth out and tearing off two of her hooves.  Jeez.
Shoes...

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #19577 on: February 21, 2012, 04:58:33 am »

A thief has stolen a < Giant cave spider silk trousers>!  :o
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #19578 on: February 21, 2012, 05:01:53 am »

with the current baby boom, no need to check. If it's a miscarriage she'll still be happy due to slaughter.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19579 on: February 21, 2012, 05:19:41 am »

So my cage traps caught a flock of kea men and women. I have to say they seem pretty useless to me. Not tamable, not butcherable, no special things, just flying parrot humans.

I had no idea what to do with them, I could have let them be released but they would probably fly uselessly around the fort for a month of two, depriving me of new delicious creatures, and I figured my 2-dwarf military could use some training... and so I killed them all and dumped their bodies into magma.

Now they have been replaced by equally useless louse men aaargh.

And now that i have killed the louse men... chinchilla men.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 05:29:22 am by Naryar »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19580 on: February 21, 2012, 05:27:53 am »

Open up the raws and make them pets. Watch as they become your dwarves best friends and mayors.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19581 on: February 21, 2012, 05:30:36 am »

Open up the raws and make them pets. Watch as they become your dwarves best friends and mayors.

I would need to make all of the animal people pets. Also I have no water source for now. Not opening the caverns right now, my military isn't enough to take on a decent FB.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19582 on: February 21, 2012, 05:32:48 am »

Just found a wonderful aspect of the dead/missing system. My miner was carving a chute for trash, and one week later I find that he's "missing". He's dead, at the bottom of the chute, likely do to his own stupidity (it's 1x1, and right next to a staircase). Anyways, he's not dead to anyone's poor traumatised dwarf brain, he's only "missing". yay.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19583 on: February 21, 2012, 05:38:32 am »

Apparently the animals in my fortress aren't getting along.  The horses and bulls have been wrestling a lot lately but nothing serious, just mild bruising.  Just now though, they went all out on a pet sheep, knocking her teeth out and tearing off two of her hooves.  Jeez.

Give them more room.
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #19584 on: February 21, 2012, 05:47:08 am »

Great! Zombie thiefs. A grey langur corpse stole a (Cave spider silk sock).

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19585 on: February 21, 2012, 06:25:54 am »

Just found a wonderful aspect of the dead/missing system. My miner was carving a chute for trash, and one week later I find that he's "missing". He's dead, at the bottom of the chute, likely do to his own stupidity (it's 1x1, and right next to a staircase). Anyways, he's not dead to anyone's poor traumatised dwarf brain, he's only "missing". yay.
Are you sure? I've had countless dwarves die and become missing but every one of his relations had the "lost an x to tragedy lately"

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19586 on: February 21, 2012, 06:54:19 am »

The first dwarven caravan refused to trade with me because I wouldn't offer them enough profit. The second dwarven caravan just ended up in my drowning chamber.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #19587 on: February 21, 2012, 07:07:37 am »

Dear armok.......... During the 5th migrant vs zombies race one child punched a zombie kobold to death, the kobold was in a pretty bad shape but that is still a brave thing for a dwarf. Only 3 migrants including the berserking child survived the race.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19588 on: February 21, 2012, 08:07:31 am »

We got 7 migrants in Fathdakost. One's a 123 year old ranger, who brought her 125 year old farmer husband with her.

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19589 on: February 21, 2012, 08:10:12 am »

Damn my butchered up kid didn't make it. Needed ~40 total stitches+casts+dressings, and got through about half of it before dying.
Pages: 1 ... 1304 1305 [1306] 1307 1308 ... 3842