Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1300 1301 [1302] 1303 1304 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6096299 times)

lazygun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #19515 on: February 20, 2012, 12:00:55 pm »

A (-steel spear-) has been stolen.

The absence of kobolds in 31.25 made me sloppy.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19516 on: February 20, 2012, 01:03:51 pm »

Well, as I've suspected I got another vampire with the last wave of migrants in Paddleattics, unfortunately, this doesn't clear the first one from suspicion as she is candid and sincere which means it's either both of them did their bit in causing that outbreak or only woodcutter as he was without a drink for a long time while she had barely arrived. I've kicked them both out of fort for now.
I keep finding dead dwarfs all around fortress, guess tantrums are getting hard.
Also, my manager which I've accidentally sentenced to jail, was outraged by ridiculous conviction of ...... zombie crab pincer! Please tell me this is because everyone knows pincers don't suck blood.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 01:08:02 pm by Di »
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19517 on: February 20, 2012, 01:31:43 pm »

GM weaponsmith gets a fey mood and I have multiple rotting Dwarfs who were caught in Ugeth's poisonous farts.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19518 on: February 20, 2012, 02:04:42 pm »

I'm murdering migrants to turn into zombie to be the thralls of my vampire fortress. The children have all been sealed into a chamber with plenty of food and booze.

Calech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19519 on: February 20, 2012, 02:11:39 pm »

Combat log reports a large number of partial skeletons shuddering and beginning to move. Can't see anything so I suspect a Necromancer ambush party.

Unfortunately I don't get to find out for certain as I then crash. :(

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19520 on: February 20, 2012, 02:25:11 pm »

I just noticed on my falling fort, there was a strange creature along the goblin numerous troops (using the tile that are for the demons usually) , "Casot law-giver"
And Casot looks indeed like a demon

I checked the civilization screen , and indeed he's a demon that took over the Goblin civ in the area.
He was probably bored and decided to come along the 3rd Siege army

Oh and my fortress does not die, i found there's a dwarf survivor near the entrance that is stuck in one of my own cage trap.
And monsters all around him (even Casot is standing next to him) are completely ignoring him.
So i guess there's no other way than selecting "Abandon the fortress" now ?

Wait for migrants.

One of two things WILL happen.

The caged dwarf will die of hunger/thirst (with or without going insane first - it surely has a screenful of negative thoughts by now) or possibly from whatever wounds knocked it out and allowed it to become trapped, and your fortress will crumble.

Or migrants may come before it dies.  If they do - be sure to release that trapped dwarf if you want it to have a chance to survive.  The migrants will go directly to whatever meeting point there is - so place one where you want them to go before you can control them, especially if they are your last hope.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19521 on: February 20, 2012, 02:43:41 pm »

Killed a goblin with ~420 elf, human and dwarf kills. Had about 100 trophies, and most of his gear was decorated masterwork stuff. Pretty neat. Shame about the soldier who got most of his upper body broken. There goes 25% of my defence.

Then I had another general attack me, she only had 270 kills or so. Her entire body was yellow and had a finger missing. Love how much more alive the world feels now.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #19522 on: February 20, 2012, 03:02:32 pm »

Work on the Doubly-Delicious Magma Hallway of Inescapable Ecstasy is nearly complete! Now all I need are some elves to celebrate its inauguration with.

Incidentally, my manager/bookkeeper is now miserable because two of his friends got incinerated in the process of tapping the magma. As his job consists of sitting in a 3x3 square cubicle and using ESP to count rocks, and he insists on using said crappy room to eat in when we have a perfectly nice communal dining room, and we don't have any beds yet because I'm lazy, I'm not expecting his mood to improve anytime soon as things currently are.

Guess who's getting a private 8x8 engraved dining room which he'll lose the second we get a baron (assuming he doesn't go nuts and punch someone first, in which case all he'll be getting is a jail cell)?
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19523 on: February 20, 2012, 03:16:19 pm »

Just got my second migrant wave on my newest fort. THIRTY people. Plenty of great ones, though - a legendary weaponsmith and a lot of potential military recruits among them. One in particular stuck out to me: Bomrek Insélkivish. A skilled axedwarf and talented tracker who arrived missing a finger on his right hand. He's also got forty kills of various giant beasts in the wilderness. I am loving having historical figures as migrants.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 03:26:40 pm by trees »
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #19524 on: February 20, 2012, 03:19:21 pm »

Another massacre this time bigger! 30 migrants were slaughtered! Only 1 survived. Now the fortress is surrounded by zombie yaks,camels,boars and lots of dwarfs.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19525 on: February 20, 2012, 03:20:06 pm »

Just got my second migrant wave on my newest fort. THIRTY people. Plenty of great ones, though - a legendary weaponsmith and a lot of potential military recruits among them. One in particular stuck out to me: Bomrek Insélkivish. A skilled axedwarf and talented tracker who arrived missing a finger on his right hand. He's also got fort kills of various giant beasts in the wilderness. I am loving having historical figures as migrants.

Dude, I think you just got a retired adventurer.

"I came here to retire, but it seems the call to battle has found my ears again...."

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19526 on: February 20, 2012, 03:20:20 pm »

Seeing how a Noob ruins a possible Succession cause he goes first and embarks with 1 Pick, in an Evil Biome...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Llamainaspitfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19527 on: February 20, 2012, 03:34:05 pm »

Migrant wave of 56 people, 36 of which were kids.

and i'm being serious.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19528 on: February 20, 2012, 03:43:10 pm »

The damned giant green parots, or "kea", keep harrassing my military. however, this time we killed one, and life is much better now. Because of these problems though, I've built covers over the military food and booze stockpile, and I've made a room for all their weapons and armor.

speaking of which, the dwarven caravan finally came, bringing their supplies. I ordered some weapons and armor for my dwarves, and they did not dissappoint. Now my dwarves can lay aside their bone greaves, and put on some made of steel and bronze. Yay! most of them even have mail shirts and  breastplates! I can finally put away the leather armor that they were suffering with.

This should help their prospects dealing with various hammster-men, kobold-thieves, and those damned giant birds.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19529 on: February 20, 2012, 04:02:20 pm »

I saw a child working at making a coffin.

I was like "wtf" ?

Pages: 1 ... 1300 1301 [1302] 1303 1304 ... 3842