Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1292 1293 [1294] 1295 1296 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6095425 times)

CaptainBadwheel

• Bay Watcher
  • Either a Doomsday Device or an Ice Cream maker.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #19395 on: February 18, 2012, 10:48:34 pm »

I'm building a bomb packed with nails and live mastiffs.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #19396 on: February 18, 2012, 11:03:41 pm »

I'm building a bomb packed with nails and live mastiffs.

It is a strange world where the "nails" part of that sentence is the most interesting to me.

xordae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19397 on: February 18, 2012, 11:04:27 pm »

Decked a Vamp out in full steel plate and threw him at the siege. It was beautiful.

Now he's getting a tower for himself.

takaratiki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19398 on: February 19, 2012, 12:10:50 am »

Building an above ground fort at the brink of a 4Z waterfall. Watched some alligators take the plunge, highly amusing. My carpenter thought it would be a fine idea to take a swim in the rapids. Results even more amusing, with some Indiana Jones, Mola Rom-esque, alligator chomp-chomp to top it off (the report mentioned something about crunching the carpenter's skull in its jaws). Then the first migrant wave showed up on the other side of the river and my cart was parked so that the pathing described a line right along the crest of the waterfall...
It's been 6 months now and the only survivor, a piglet, is still struggling down there in the water. I've thought about excavating a path to him, displaying him in a cage as a sort of icon, but I suppose it might cheer up the 6 remaining embark dwarves to hear his squeals echo up the cataract for another year, a reminder of the fleeting glory of life in a fort.
Sharpen your boots, and bludgeon your eye.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19399 on: February 19, 2012, 02:01:32 am »

Trader wagons decided to try to take a shortcut through the river instead of taking the bridge.  I guess they never played oregon trail.  There is now a pile of scattered garbage in the river slowly migrating downstream at a rate of about a tile a week.

One of the pieces of garbage is a live cow in a cage.   I wonder what it thinks of all this.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19400 on: February 19, 2012, 02:05:20 am »

Trader wagons decided to try to take a shortcut through the river instead of taking the bridge.  I guess they never played oregon trail.  There is now a pile of scattered garbage in the river slowly migrating downstream at a rate of about a tile a week.

One of the pieces of garbage is a live cow in a cage.   I wonder what it thinks of all this.

It's hoping the dwarves will build a damn and save it proabably.

Kagira

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19401 on: February 19, 2012, 03:10:27 am »

Currently trying to find out who's the vampire(vampires?) in my fortress after a few disappearances. My one-armed grandmaster axedwarf is now spending his time teaching the recruits after he was reduced to said one arm by a hungry undead crocodile.

Being in a haunted biome, the dwarves are also carrying the dead from the last attack to a massive pit. This pit is full of zombies and while it's done a number on thoughts and happiness, it keeps them from spreading and will work as my fort's defense. When the enemy comes, they must cross a large bridge over the massive pit. I'll wait for the majority of their army to be on it, then the bridge is raised. Most if not all of the goblins should be flung into the huge pit and eaten alive, becoming more zombies.

This will continue until they find a way around it or inevitably I accidentally dig into the pit and unleash the vengeful undead upon my dwarves.
obles make fine firewood.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19402 on: February 19, 2012, 03:17:52 am »

Elves showed up to trade.
Miltita got some pike practice.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19403 on: February 19, 2012, 03:31:25 am »

I... haven't really started playing dwarf mode yet :O

It's just that adventurer mode is so fun now...

(and I tried my first fort as the trolls, which died to some sort of group of giant bird corpses in the first 20 seconds)

Meansdarling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19404 on: February 19, 2012, 03:34:37 am »

Had a group of Keas descend on the fort. The intelligent green parrots act like monkeys, trying to get into my fort and dying on the traps.
Then had a few goblins trip and fall in the pit out front. Yay, daggers!
Lot of migrants, mostly children. Had two kids get moods. One made a bracelet, the other a scepter.
Had a Giant Grasshopper visit, and a Giant Hedgehog. I imagine a Giant Hedgehog would be terrifying up close.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19405 on: February 19, 2012, 03:35:51 am »

Had a group of Keas descend on the fort. The intelligent green parrots act like monkeys, trying to get into my fort and dying on the traps.
Then had a few goblins trip and fall in the pit out front. Yay, daggers!
Lot of migrants, mostly children. Had two kids get moods. One made a bracelet, the other a scepter.
Had a Giant Grasshopper visit, and a Giant Hedgehog. I imagine a Giant Hedgehog would be terrifying up close.

I had a giant hampster kill two soldiers in one fort.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #19406 on: February 19, 2012, 03:52:19 am »

Attention miners:

Do not dig into warm stone under any circumstances.  Cave moss is highly flammable.

Do your part to prevent uncontrollable cave fires, practice safe mining.
Shoes...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19407 on: February 19, 2012, 04:25:29 am »

Attention miners:

Do not dig into warm stone under any circumstances.  Cave moss is highly flammable.

Mascot: Smokey the blind cave bear.

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19408 on: February 19, 2012, 04:34:10 am »

Attention miners:

Now, this is awesome. If handled carefully, you could easily setup entrance flame-cleansing room with some bits of magma.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19409 on: February 19, 2012, 04:35:58 am »

I just pulled 25 migrants two moments after a Bronze Studded Artifact Bronze bucket was made. They're all in this together against me
Dude, best well ever, much?
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.
Pages: 1 ... 1292 1293 [1294] 1295 1296 ... 3842